Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Hill

Veteran

Stephen Hill

There will be fingers pointed all around, but if this guy does his job we win this thing. No doubt in my mind.

It's amazing. The Jets are the only team that can draft a receiver with 4.3 speed and stone hands. There is no excuse for that drop. That drop cost this team. Maybe we can get some stickum from San Diego.

The bastid choked.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    There will be fingers pointed all around, but if this guy does his job we win this thing. No doubt in my mind.
    No question.

He blew it big time.

A 1st down there and it's all but over.

All Pro
    He had 4 Cths today while it was a big drop. You guys are overreacting.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    Its what happens when you start a project WR.

He wasn't ready for this role, unlike all you Ike Turners who went jumped on your horses, rattling your sabres - Hill! Hill!

Too late now. We're 6-10 team. Accept it and move on.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It sucked, but I think he gets a pass because he's a rookie. Next year he doesn't get a pass. Catch the freakin ball before you start running.

Wow that drop really killed us I couldn't believe that the game was deffinetly ours. But you can't blame the whole game on that. The kick return, our field goal wen we could of scored a td from inside the 5 I think it was and Sanchez threw an awful ball at the end zone when it was picked

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Who cares if he had 40 catches. He dropped the only one that would've mattered most.

Lot's of that going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Its what happens when you start a project WR.

He wasn't ready for this role, unlike all you Ike Turners who went jumped on your horses, rattling your sabres - Hill! Hill!

Too late now. We're 6-10 team. Accept it and move on.
    Going through Hill's growing pains is better than signing Plaxico again or trading another pick for another veteran. You're right, we aren't a good team talent-wise anymore, but we can play as hard as anyone else and we can develop our kids.

The drop was very SOJ, though, hard to watch.

Veteran
    Saying he dropped the pass because he is a rookie is a pure hot garbage excuse. A rookie may run the wrong route, etc. but when you draft a WR in the NFL they better know how to catch a damn ball. That is their job.

You don't suddenly become a better catcher with a few years under your belt.

The guy was wide open.

WIDE OPEN.

Quit making excuses for this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Going through Hill's growing pains is better than signing Plaxico again or trading another pick for another veteran. You're right, we aren't a good team talent-wise anymore, but we can play as hard as anyone else and we can develop our kids.

The drop was very SOJ, though, hard to watch.
    Doesn't matter. Starting Hill by default is not an acceptable approach to fielding a competitive football team. This team should have been better prepared.

All Pro
    Overreacting? Are you kidding?

The ball was on the money and there was nobody around him. My seven year old daughter could make that catch.

He is here to catch balls. Period. He catches that ball, New England has no timeouts and less than half the time they got to march down the field.
    He cost us this game with that ridiculous drop.

Hall Of Fame
    Not putting this loss on a rookie.

He is one of our patented "raw/developmental/project" players.

All Pro
    If FO had done their job by bringing in a vet receiver we would of been a better team. This kid shouldn't be starting. I blame Tanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Doesn't matter. Starting Hill by default is not an acceptable approach to fielding a competitive football team. This team should have been better prepared.
    We're a competitive football team now. We want to be a good one in a year or two, and the way to do that is to see if our draft picks can play NFL football.

Schilens would have caught that ball, though, and he deserves more looks than he's getting.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Overreacting? Are you kidding?

The ball was on the money and there was nobody around him. My seven year old daughter could make that catch.

He is here to catch balls. Period. He catches that ball, New England has no timeouts and less than half the time they got to march down the field.
    He cost us this game with that ridiculous drop.
    the guy damn near had tears in his eyes when folk made the FG to tie the game. he made a mistake, it's going to happen.

there were two other parts of Hill's game today that stood out to me more than making a crucial drop. On that awful Sanchez INT, he's gotta learn that he becomes the defender on that play. It had enough hang time that he could get up there and break the play up, possibly even make the catch. Before I'm called a Sanchez apologist, it was an awful, awful pass on Mark's part. Not putting the blame on Hill, just saying he needs to react there.

second there was a catch where he went up for it, caught it, and hit the ground without being touched and stayed there. This isn't college anymore, you're not down, get up and go. Might have gained an extra 10 yards at the time, but it's building that awareness of his overall game.

Tough loss, but Hill played a good game today. Not his fault. Mistakes happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    We're a competitive football team now. We want to be a good one in a year or two, and the way to do that is to see if our draft picks can play NFL football.

Schilens would have caught that ball, though, and he deserves more looks than he's getting.
    Schilens was hot garbage today.

He didn't cost us the game, but he played a detrimental part in the loss.