Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With a better QB we win by 2-3 TDs today

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Russell Wilson did better. A 5'11" rookie who shouldn't be starting that is a bottom 5 QB in the league. Better than our franchise QB. I'm done with the Sanchez fans, as far as I'm concerned, their agenda in supporting him is anti-Jets at this point
    Did better than what? He looked like garbage his last game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan and Sporano lost this game going conservative after the fumble PERIOD!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    JB, you need to grade Sanchez on the Pats D curve. He is supposed to throw for 300 yds.

And the Pats might have had more drops than us.

He is just too inconsistent. Not even from game to game, but from play to play.
    And let's be honest, half of his completions were off target where the receiver had to dive for them and make a tough catch. Many lost yards right there. The Hill miss is inexcusable, the Rueland miss was inexcusable, guys were running free like a 7 on 7 drill today. Mark got us 2 TDs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Did better than what? He looked like garbage his last game.
    How'd Sanchez look against the Niners? Wilson played better against the Pats than Mark Sanchez did. Indisputable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats defenders were allergic to our WRs, I mean they weren't even close. Sanchez other than last play had all day to throw most passing downs. You can spin his stats as some type of "good" day because of the yards but this was a terrible performance against the worst pass D in the league. There were so many plays to be made, so many. And despite everyone claiming we have no weapons, they're ignoring that we have one of the best young WRs in football (Kerley).

From a #5 pick making $14 million in his 4th season, I'm sorry, we needed more
    Agree.

How many wide open guys had to dive on the ground to catch a pass? Fall out of bounds? Twist because the ball was behind them?

That was 285 yards with prob only 20 in yac because of his terrible throws....really a poor game considering the terrible secondary we faced.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Agree.

How many wide open guys had to dive on the ground to catch a pass? Fall out of bounds? Twist because the ball was behind them?

That was 285 yards with prob only 20 in yac because of his terrible throws....really a poor game considering the terrible secondary we faced.
    Yep. People will spin the yardage and maybe even the completion percentage but like you said, even the completions were generally poorly thrown balls. Decent completion percentage mostly because of failure checkdown plays to the RB. Missed several golden opportunities. Threw a rookie INT. Turned it over in OT to lose the game. Against arguably the worst pass D in football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Agree.

true. but the wrs need to catch the easy passes. the way to beat NE is to keep the ball away from brady.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How'd Sanchez look against the Niners? Wilson played better against the Pats than Mark Sanchez did. Indisputable.
    Irrelevant

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'm just copying/pasting this post from other Sanchez sucks thread.

Look, would it be SO bad just to check out McElroy? Just to see what the kid has? I mean everyone keeps saying that Sanchez is STILL the best QB on the team. When it comes to the debate between Sanchez and Tebow, I have no doubt everyone is right, Sanchez is certainly better than Tebow.

But WHAT have we seen from McElroy that makes him no option? I mean honestly? Can someone please explain this to me?

The only things EVERYONE on this board have ever seen from McElroy is good preseason play. Certainly not much to rely on. But WHERE is the evidence that he is just so bad?

Is it the lack of a strong arm? If it is, you may have a point, but what about guys like Joe Montana? Montana never threw a strong ball and yet he's widely considered to be one of the very best QB's to ever play the game.

It can't be pedigree. The kid won TWO national championships at Alabama. That's something Sanchez could never say.

And probably the very BIGGEST reason favoring McElroy? He's NOT Sanchez. Removing Sanchez at this point is ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION.

I say give the kid a chance. We are watching the defense play great today and we cannot pull out the victory because of our QB. That's not fair to the defensive players. At the very least, they should be given an opportunity to win when they play as well as they have today.
    I seriously question how long you have been watching the game of football.

When have you ever, in however many years it has been, seen a team bench their starting quarterback in week 7, and go to their 3rd stringer "just to see what he has".

We almost stole a game on the road against a divisional rival, one that despite their struggles would still be considered elite by most, which could have left us in first place in the AFC East. Instead we're one game out in a weak conference with 9 games left to play.

But let's see what McElroy has.

So to answer your question, would it be SO bad?

**** yes it would be.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is the guy. He really is. There is no o line...... I thought it was Sanchez before tonight, but it isn't. Brady would have worse numbers in this offense.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    My telling the truth, really bothers you, doesn't it?
    Dont know what's more laughable. You thinking there was an ounce of "truth" to your post, or the dead serious "Mr. Badass" stare your giving while posing with the innocent animal you just murdered for sport.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone with McElroy starting should just stop rooting for football. Just root for soccer or something. Gayest sport I could think of..... Tennis was next

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

When have you ever, in however many years it has been, seen a team bench their starting quarterback in week 7, and go to their 3rd stringer "just to see what he has".

We almost stole a game on the road against a divisional rival, one that despite their struggles would still be considered elite by most, which could have left us in first place in the AFC East. Instead we're one game out in a weak conference with 9 games left to play.

**** yes it would be.
    But you know sh*t about what McElroy has to offer, but Sanchez is still the guy? In a division that is clearly up for grabs even after today. NE sucks. Miami sucks. Buffalo sucks. And, YES, the Jets very much do suck.

So by your logic, WHEN is there ever a good time to try out a new QB? I guess the Jets were stupid for trying out Sanchez in 2009 when the Jets were a SB ready team short of a QB?

You're a dingbat, if you think continuing to start Sanchez is the answer. He's yesterday's trash and that cannot be debated.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The future Jets QB is not on this roster right now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Sanchez is the guy. He really is. There is no o line...... I thought it was Sanchez before tonight, but it isn't. Brady would have worse numbers in this offense.
    I agree man...was always a fan of Mark, lost the faith after the 49'rs game but after today I watched him play and said to myself...if we can just be a little more patient with him I think he will get to where we want him to be. Mark was not the issue today. Offensive playcalling and the decision to play prevent defense against brady and the pats killed us in the end.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

**** yes it would be.
    I agree, but you have to keep in mind some fans view the preseason as playoff games. I mean, if he plays well in preseason, he should be golden in the regular season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the OP. If we had even marginal QB play today the Jets win this one comfortably going away. The defense did more than enough for once. The running game was fine and protection for the QB was basically good.

In the first half

Sanchez screws up the hand off to Greene leading to a fumble and a safety.

Sanchez throws one of the worst interceptions I have ever seen on a clear TD play to Hill.

Sanchez was actually lucky that it was not 3 or 4 picks in the first half. There were at least three that were tipped up and two of those should have been intercepted.

Sanchez throws multiple hospital passes to many receivers including at least two to Kerley and we are lucky he did not have to leave the field on a cart.

Yes Hill had a big drop. Yes ST allowed a return for a TD but our QB failed in the biggest moments, taking a huge sack on our last drive in regulation and turning a 32 yard chip shot into a 43 yard nail biter. Finally he holds the ball too long and fumbles to lose the game for us in OT.

As the OP said. The Jets should have won this one by 2-3 touchdowns today. And for Patsie fans. Your team is as bad as ours.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Schillens and Hill non-existent.

Running game non-existent.

Offensive line blown up.

Offensive coordinator calling stupid plays.

Just so much Mark Sanchez can do with no talented playmakers on offense.

SAR I

What about the INT?

Hill was open, Sanchez waited too long then underthrew the route by alot. Not to mention the wide open receiver in the flat 5 yds from him who couldve ran for a dozen before being touched.

Do you need talented players around you to throw the ball away?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I agree with the OP. If we had even marginal QB play today the Jets win this one comfortably going away. The defense did more than enough for once. The running game was fine and protection for the QB was basically good.

In the first half

Sanchez screws up the hand off to Greene leading to a fumble and a safety.

Sanchez throws one of the worst interceptions I have ever seen on a clear TD play to Hill.

Sanchez was actually lucky that it was not 3 or 4 picks in the first half. There were at least three that were tipped up and two of those should have been intercepted.

Sanchez throws multiple hospital passes to many receivers including at least two to Kerley and we are lucky he did not have to leave the field on a cart.

Yes Hill had a big drop. Yes ST allowed a return for a TD but our QB failed in the biggest moments, taking a huge sack on our last drive in regulation and turning a 32 yard chip shot into a 43 yard nail biter. Finally he holds the ball too long and fumbles to lose the game for us in OT.

As the OP said. The Jets should have won this one by 2-3 touchdowns today. And for Patsie fans. Your team is as bad as ours.
    Great post. And I think people need to take a more global view, today was not a referendum on Sanchez's career or any sort of career low. He played decent in spurts. But oh man, if there was ever a D to be had today, it was this Pats D. We had guys running free all day like 7 on 7 drills. He needed to step up and put up a big game. He just couldn't do it. For every good throw, there was an equally bad one. I think the organization deserves a lot better considering his draft position and salary. Sorry, not good enough.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    But you know sh*t about what McElroy has to offer, but Sanchez is still the guy? In a division that is clearly up for grabs even after today. NE sucks. Miami sucks. Buffalo sucks. And, YES, the Jets very much do suck.

So by your logic, WHEN is there ever a good time to try out a new QB? I guess the Jets were stupid for trying out Sanchez in 2009 when the Jets were a SB ready team short of a QB?

You're a dingbat, if you think continuing to start Sanchez is the answer. He's yesterday's trash and that cannot be debated.
    it very much can be debated. I know that McElroy has so much to offer, that he doesn't dress on game days. You might recognize him, standing next to Sanchez on the sidelines, street clothes. Highlighter pen in his cap. That's Greg McElroy.

This isn't the movies. We're not gonna bring in Rudy midseason and he's going to get carried off the field in February with the Superbowl trophy.

What I have said, and I will say it again. Is that you ride this season out with Sanchez, you either go down in flames, or maybe... just maybe. You compete. Then, if gone down in flames, you address the QB position in the offseason.

Pleading with the coaching staff via a message board every week to bench your starting QB is not going work. Here's a crazy idea. Root for him? Root for your team? You're a hack politician looking for Sanchez failures to fit your agenda. How you can enjoy any Sunday afternoon is beyond me.