Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76

Thread: All of you who say that this isn't a moral victory...

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    All of you who say that this isn't a moral victory...

    Need to shove it.

    This team played its heart out today. They played hard and with guts. They were without two key players. Sanchez had a fantastic game in my opinion. If you want to blame anybody, blame special teams. Their mistakes cost us 9 points today.

    All of you who cry and whine and say "they didn't win" "Fire Rex" "Get rid of Mark" need to honestly stop being bandwagoners and start being supporters.

    That team fought its heart out for you guys. And you don't even appreciate it.

    What philistines you all are.

    WE'RE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY ARE. Get over it. They aren't going anywhere this year. Their pass defense is awful.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right, 44 years worth of moral victories.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    1,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh shut up.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. Texans was moral victory. Today was not. No way. You have to be playing a good team to claim a moral victory. Maybe you saw a good team in the Pats today. I saw a team begging to be beat fortunate enough to be playing the right opponent and especially the right QB

    I way overestimated the Pats, I'll eat crow on that. They were 3-3 not because they were some great team that lost a couple close games, they were 3-3 just because they weren't very good

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,001
    Post Thanks / Like
    Literally one of the worst posters on this board.

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the OP. I'm building a shelf for our Moral Vince Lombardi Trophy as we speak. I'm going to lacquer it with unicorn jizz.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    Right, 44 years worth of moral victories.
    Who gives a **** about 44 years? BE HAPPY WE HAD ONE.

    THE BROWNS AND LIONS HAVE NONE. THE BILLS HAVE NONE.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,997
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did special teams cost us 9 points? The NE safety was squarely on our QB.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Nope. Texans was moral victory. Today was not. No way. You have to be playing a good team to claim a moral victory. Maybe you saw a good team in the Pats today. I saw a team begging to be beat fortunate enough to be playing the right opponent and especially the right QB

    I way overestimated the Pats, I'll eat crow on that. They were 3-3 not because they were some great team that lost a couple close games, they were 3-3 just because they weren't very good
    They are still better than us. Tom Brady makes them better than us. End of story.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winter Springs, Fl
    Posts
    1,361
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed the game...really expecting the PATS to blow us out and being there in the end with several chances to win...what can you say.

    We did it all with no superstars on offense.

    We played a good game...made some mistakes and almost beat the PATS at home.

    There are no excuses.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,001
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Who gives a **** about 44 years? BE HAPPY WE HAD ONE.

    THE BROWNS AND LIONS HAVE NONE. THE BILLS HAVE NONE.
    OK, then go tell that to Browns and Lions fans on THEIR message boards. And stay there.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    How did special teams cost us 9 points? The safety was squarely on the QB
    There was a penalty on special teams that led to that field position.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moral victory? Haven't heard this since the Kotite and Coslet days.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,638
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    OK, then go tell that to Browns and Lions fans on THEIR message boards. And stay there.
    You obviously don't live in reality.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Need to shove it.

    This team played its heart out today. They played hard and with guts. They were without two key players. Sanchez had a fantastic game in my opinion. If you want to blame anybody, blame special teams. Their mistakes cost us 9 points today.

    All of you who cry and whine and say "they didn't win" "Fire Rex" "Get rid of Mark" need to honestly stop being bandwagoners and start being supporters.

    That team fought its heart out for you guys. And you don't even appreciate it.

    What philistines you all are.

    WE'RE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY ARE. Get over it. They aren't going anywhere this year. Their pass defense is awful.
    Support a team that doesn't pack the gear to win it all? Sorry, but I'll pass.

    If I thought they had a SB team, and they played hard all day like they did today, I'd support them. Not the case here.

    The Jets could have won today if not for the CS and there refusing to change the QB. There is an endless list of plays that Sanchez missed/f*cked up today.

    And, YES, we are every bit as good as they are.
    Last edited by Mainejet; 10-21-2012 at 08:12 PM.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Posts
    1,748
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Need to shove it.

    This team played its heart out today. They played hard and with guts. They were without two key players. Sanchez had a fantastic game in my opinion. If you want to blame anybody, blame special teams. Their mistakes cost us 9 points today.

    All of you who cry and whine and say "they didn't win" "Fire Rex" "Get rid of Mark" need to honestly stop being bandwagoners and start being supporters.

    That team fought its heart out for you guys. And you don't even appreciate it.

    What philistines you all are.

    WE'RE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY ARE. Get over it. They aren't going anywhere this year. Their pass defense is awful.
    Quite a few people on this board are much more so fans of their own egos and the desire to be right about players they hate rather than fans of the team. I'm proud of the Jets today. I thought they'd fold up in the 4th quarter but they played well. Sanchez was AWESOME in the 4th quarter, and still some are singling him out.

    Pathetic.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,183
    Post Thanks / Like
    The op is another of the idotic happy happy joy joy posters that are happy to lose looking good year after year. F that. I want to win for once.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,001
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    You obviously don't live in reality.
    Yes, because you're a beacon of what should and shouldn't be, right? I'm ashamed to share the same fandom as you.

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a "moral victory" and that's what sucks about it. Always settling for moral victories and potential that never materializes. Always "almost there". I'm sick of this feeling. No one needs to get fired, no one needs to get benched (well, maybe a couple of guys). Just win for a change.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    How the hell was this a moral victory? I don't care what the point spread was either. You either win the game or you don't. This team choked, per usual. I don't see how anybody can like what they saw.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us