Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 76

Thread: All of you who say that this isn't a moral victory...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The op is another of the idotic happy happy joy joy posters that are happy to lose looking good year after year. F that. I want to win for once.
    I'm not happy to lose. I"M JUST BEING REALISTIC.

    This team's chances to win anything substantial went down the drain when Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes got hurt.

    That's what injuries do.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    It is a "moral victory" and that's what sucks about it. Always settling for moral victories and potential that never materializes. Always "almost there". I'm sick of this feeling. No one needs to get fired, no one needs to get benched (well, maybe a couple of guys). Just win for a change.
    Maybe a couple of years ago, you would have been right.

    Not this year.

    Not with Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes out for the year.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Maybe a couple of years ago, you would have been right.

    Not this year.

    Not with Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes out for the year.
    Did the loss of either matter? Cromartie shut down Lloyd. Brady looked mostly terrible. We had a WR spring for 120 yards. Cannot blame this loss on their injuries

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,759
    All do respect but this loser mentality is WAY worse than anything a SOJF could ever say or do.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    Last time I checked, there isn't a moral victory column in football

    You win or you lose....we lost. Period.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Did the loss of either matter? Cromartie shut down Lloyd. Brady looked mostly terrible. We had a WR spring for 120 yards. Cannot blame this loss on their injuries
    Oh yes they did.

    You think Revis catches that near pick by Brady near the end of the game?
    You think Holmes catches that pass that Stephen Hill dropped?

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Last time I checked, there isn't a moral victory column in football

    You win or you lose....we lost. Period.
    I don't give a **** if it's not on paper. It's still true.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Who gives a **** about 44 years? BE HAPPY WE HAD ONE.

    THE BROWNS AND LIONS HAVE NONE. THE BILLS HAVE NONE.
    Bet you are watching your 30 year old son get in his vega and go to work at wal-marts....I don't give a rats butt about a super bowl 44 years ago. I was 11 years old for CS! Stop, it's the JETS, it's what they represent, failure.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    All do respect but this loser mentality is WAY worse than anything a SOJF could ever say or do.
    If it is, then this fanbase has a serious problem with expectations and reality.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't give a **** if it's not on paper. It's still true.
    Because you say it is?

  11. #31
    This team is emotionally drained after today. I don't feel good about Miami.

  12. #32
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Killingworth, CT
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Who gives a **** about 44 years? BE HAPPY WE HAD ONE.

    THE BROWNS AND LIONS HAVE NONE. THE BILLS HAVE NONE.
    Settle settle settle. That what newer fans learn like we older ones did.
    They never come through in the clutch. Ever. That is the Jets M.O.
    I'm so pissed right now.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    Bet you are watching your 30 year old son get in his vega and go to work at wal-marts....I don't give a rats butt about a super bowl 44 years ago. I was 11 years old for CS! Stop, it's the JETS, it's what they represent, failure.
    Really? When did the Jets ALONE become synonymous with failure? the Lions have won only 1 playoff game in 50 years. They are the only team in history to have an 0-16 season.

    I think the Lions are more associated with failure than the Jets.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If it is, then this fanbase has a serious problem with expectations and reality.
    It's OK to lose, isn't it? Every years, because by golly they tried.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Really? When did the Jets ALONE become synonymous with failure? the Lions have won only 1 playoff game in 50 years. They are the only team in history to have an 0-16 season.

    I think the Lions are more associated with failure than the Jets.
    And? The Lions are losers too. What's your point?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Because you say it is?
    Because it is what it is. Before the week, a lot of people would taken this outcome. I read the threads earlier in the week and they expected a loss but they would have taken hard play.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    It's OK to lose, isn't it? Every years, because by golly they tried.
    Only when reality goes against you, hence the injuries.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,074
    This was in no way shape or form a moral victory. This was not a vintage Brady led Patriot team. The Pats were extremely beatable today and the Jets had many opportunities to win. This was a bad loss, no other way to look at it. The Pats were a .500 team and we are supposed to call this a moral victory??

    I guess this is what happens when we give a whole generation participation trophies.

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    cape coral fl.
    Posts
    2,693
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Last time I checked, there isn't a moral victory column in football

    You win or you lose....we lost. Period.
    Plus a million.
    Time to focus on miami from here on out....

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,585
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    All do respect but this loser mentality is WAY worse than anything a SOJF could ever say or do.
    So non-SOJFS are bigger losers than SOJFs?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us