Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All of you who say that this isn't a moral victory...

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    This was in no way shape or form a moral victory. This was not a vintage Brady led Patriot team. The Pats were extremely beatable today and the Jets had many opportunities to win. This was a bad loss, no other way to look at it. The Pats were a .500 team and we are supposed to call this a moral victory??

I guess this is what happens when we give a whole generation participation trophies.
    Doesn't matter if it was vintage or not. Brady makes them better than us. We were a 10 point underdog going in there.

Think about that. A 10 point underdog!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Doesn't matter if it was vintage or not. Brady makes them better than us. We were a 10 point underdog going in there.

Think about that. A 10 point underdog!
    You could be the biggest p***y in the world......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Support a team that doesn't pack the gear to win it all? Sorry, but I'll pass.

If I thought they had a SB team, and they played hard all day like they did today, I'd support them. Not the case here.

The Jets could have won today if not for the CS and there refusing to change the QB. There is an endless list of plays that Sanchez missed/f*cked up today.

And, YES, we are every bit as good as they are.
    so stop supporting the team, stop posting, whining and complaining every week and go hunt some ****in' deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    so stop supporting the team, stop posting, whining and complaining every week and go hunt some ****in' deer.
    Homer.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You could be the biggest p***y in the world......LOL
    I might be. But at least I'm living in reality.

Jets Insider VIP
    I might be. But at least I'm living in reality.
    Congratulations on such an extraordinary accomplishment. When do you get your trophy?

Terrible loss. We blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Congratulations on such an extraordinary accomplishment. When do you get your trophy?
    Right now. By looking at all of you wackos and realizing that I'm smarter than most of you.

I have been a longtime reader on this board and I don think I have ever commented before. I am not here to complain or perseverate on what could have or really, should have been. All I want to say is that despite the "moral victory" aspect and pride I feel for this team playing with a ton of heart today, this loss just stings really bad. More so than any other in my recent memory. I just need time to get over this one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
    I have been a longtime reader on this board and I don think I have ever commented before. I am not here to complain or perseverate on what could have or really, should have been. All I want to say is that despite the "moral victory" aspect and pride I feel for this team playing with a ton of heart today, this loss just stings really bad. More so than any other in my recent memory. I just need time to get over this one.
    YUP....this one , IMO, now replaced the PITT loss in 2005 as my worst.

Need to shove it.

This team played its heart out today. They played hard and with guts. They were without two key players. Sanchez had a fantastic game in my opinion. If you want to blame anybody, blame special teams. Their mistakes cost us 9 points today.

All of you who cry and whine and say "they didn't win" "Fire Rex" "Get rid of Mark" need to honestly stop being bandwagoners and start being supporters.

That team fought its heart out for you guys. And you don't even appreciate it.

What philistines you all are.

WE'RE NOT AS GOOD AS THEY ARE. Get over it. They aren't going anywhere this year. Their pass defense is awful.

We will see how much of a "moral victory "this is when they step out and play next Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Right now. By looking at all of you wackos and realizing that I'm smarter than most of you.
    You are the worst of worst of sports fans. You have zero expectations for your team, and then come here after a brutal loss to a heated rival and try to tell everyone that it was a moral victory. Just because you could care less if the Jets lost, doesnt mean there isnt other people who are pissed off. Like another poster said, YOU could be the worst poster on this site.

Not to mention your meltdowns when someone questions the coaches or front office.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL. Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by NYjets105 View Post
    How the hell was this a moral victory? I don't care what the point spread was either. You either win the game or you don't. This team choked, per usual. I don't see how anybody can like what they saw.
    Here is a tip for you. The next time you post something claiming to be smarter then everyone else, don't start a sentence with a prepositional phrase. Proper punctuation and grammar count.

All Pro
    I don't give a **** if it's not on paper. It's still true.
    Really. Perhaps you should give a ****, considering that is the only way things are judged in football. Moral victories are for people who can't win when they have something handed to them.

Wow...this is just ridiculous. Moral Victory. I'm sure the Jets are high-fiving in the locker room like they won the Super Bowl for their moral victory today.

WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT MORAL VICTORIES????

What counts in the end are WINS and LOSSES.

WINS determine whether there is a Postseason in the Jets future.

LOSSES determine whether there's a good draft pick in the Jets future.

The Jets are really experts on finishing with a record that is good enough to be a winning one and yet NOT make the playoffs. Same old song and dance, it looks like this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    This team is emotionally drained after today. I don't feel good about Miami.
    I disagree, i think the team left Foxborough angry, but proud of the fact that they put up a good fight. Yes losing sucks, but a win today wouldn’t guarantee them a spot in playoffs...there’s still plenty of season left to play.
    next week’s performance will tell us if there’s any character left on this team...

All League
    not for nuthin', but all week they've been talking about the pats' three losses, and how they were by a measly 4 points. "barely lost," they said. used it as a measuring stick for how good the pats are still.

doesn't work for the jets, though.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    not for nuthin', but all week they've been talking about the pats' three losses, and how they were by a measly 4 points. "barely lost," they said. used it as a measuring stick for how good the pats are still.

doesn't work for the jets, though.
    I'm not sure ANYTHING ever works for the Jets.