Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: All of you who say that this isn't a moral victory...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    WHO GIVES A CRAP ABOUT MORAL VICTORIES????

What counts in the end are WINS and LOSSES.

WINS determine whether there is a Postseason in the Jets future.

LOSSES determine whether there's a good draft pick in the Jets future.

The Jets are really experts on finishing with a record that is good enough to be a winning one and yet NOT make the playoffs. Same old song and dance, it looks like this year.

Only this year, I think it should be acceptable. Why? The injuries to two key players. One being the best defensive player in football.

If we were at full strength and lost this way, then the anger would be acceptable in my book.

So what you are saying is that you would rather the Jets lose all their games rather than be a bit competitive?

That goes against all logic.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moral Victories have propelled teams to do great things.

You speak to the 2007 Giants, they always talk about the last game of teh season vs the Pats. Even though they lost, that is the game that gave them confidence that they could play with anyone.

The 2010 Green Bay Packers, always point to the NE loss in the last inutes, with Rodgers out of the game, as their turning point. They were so happy they hung with the Pats without Rodgers, it propelled them to a Sb run.

The 2011 NY Giants, losing a close one to The Packers, that loss sprung them, and they thought they could beat them again if played.

So Moral Victories have done teams good. It can also lead to draining the tank,and have nothing left for games against lesser teams, and lose games they should clearly win.

So we will see which way the Jets go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    I agree with the OP. I'm building a shelf for our Moral Vince Lombardi Trophy as we speak. I'm going to lacquer it with unicorn jizz.
    I have one, would you like to compare notes?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Moral Victories have propelled teams to do great things.

You speak to the 2007 Giants, they always talk about the last game of teh season vs the Pats. Even though they lost, that is the game that gave them confidence that they could play with anyone.

The 2010 Green Bay Packers, always point to the NE loss in the last inutes, with Rodgers out of the game, as their turning point. They were so happy they hung with the Pats without Rodgers, it propelled them to a Sb run.

The 2011 NY Giants, losing a close one to The Packers, that loss sprung them, and they thought they could beat them again if played.

So Moral Victories have done teams good. It can also lead to draining the tank,and have nothing left for games against lesser teams, and lose games they should clearly win.

So we will see which way the Jets go.
    Except the Patriot team the Jets lost to yesterday is no where near as dominant as the 2007 Pats or the 2011 Packers. Huge difference.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Except the Patriot team the Jets lost to yesterday is no where near as dominant as the 2007 Pats or the 2011 Packers. Huge difference.
    I was OK with moral victory after the Texans game, to kind of play competitive against a good team to right the ship. Pats did not seem like a good team at alll yesterday and they were begging to get beat. They may very well go 9-7 this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So? They still have Tom Brady. Why did Vegas give them 10 points?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I was OK with moral victory after the Texans game, to kind of play competitive against a good team to right the ship. Pats did not seem like a good team at alll yesterday and they were begging to get beat. They may very well go 9-7 this season.
    But that is counteracted by our injuries.

Why are all of you ignoring the two major injuries?

You all act like without Revis we're going to the Super Bowl anyway.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But that is counteracted by our injuries.

Why are all of you ignoring the two major injuries?

You all act like without Revis we're going to the Super Bowl anyway.
    I'm sick of hearing about these key injuries....every team has them...it's football, besides Santonio is a punk...every effin team deals with injuries...we lost a game we shoulda one, we played well enuf to lose...tis the story of our team...that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we go on a little roll and win some games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Patriots blow ass. The Jets pathetic display of 'Cover Who?' was an abomination on defense to let the Pats tie the game. When I saw them rush 3, I knew they were playing for a tie, the questions IS why?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    How did special teams cost us 9 points? The NE safety was squarely on our QB.
    Umm no, Nevermind the penalty that put us inside the 5, but Wilfork blew through two OL to make the play and nearly took the handoff from Sanchez, how the hell is that on Sanchez?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Umm no, Nevermind the penalty that put us inside the 5, but Wilfork blew through two OL to make the play and nearly took the handoff from Sanchez, how the hell is that on Sanchez?
    That was one of Slauson's last plays of that day if I remember correctly.

It was a bad hand off though Ray...they talked about it a few times during the game. But yes, it doesn't help that Vince was in the backfield before Greene even got the ball.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing missing from this moral victory are: 1st place and a tiebreaker.

Other than that, chalk this up as a win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    I'm sick of hearing about these key injuries....every team has them...it's football, besides Santonio is a punk...every effin team deals with injuries...we lost a game we shoulda one, we played well enuf to lose...tis the story of our team...that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we go on a little roll and win some games.
    Ravens fans , "who cares about the injuries, everyone team has them"

Texans 43- Ravens- 13
    OOPS Injuries matter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Ravens fans , "who cares about the injuries, everyone team has them"

Texans 43- Ravens- 13
    OOPS Injuries matter
    Yeah injuries are a losers lament, so it's the next guy up....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Yeah every team has them. It all depends on who on each team they happen to. If we lost Kyle Wilson to injuries, is it better than losing Darrelle Revis to injuries?

Come on now.

We are talking about the best defensive player in the NFL. Who's replacing him?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Yeah every team has them. It all depends on who on each team they happen to. If we lost Kyle Wilson to injuries, is it better than losing Darrelle Revis to injuries?

Come on now.

We are talking about the best defensive player in the NFL. Who's replacing him?
    Our defense wasn't lights out w Darelle(not saying that he isn't a stud)...Cromartie and the rest of the defensive backs have stepped up...just like when we lost kris jenkins, we had people step up...if you lose your starting QB, you are screwed(our 1999 season) if the giants lost Eli where would they be? Or a defense guy that blows up a play on defense and is leader like Ray Lewis, yeah that's gonna hurt the Ravens(but someone might step up) we also lost a chump quitter but talented WR, but u see young guys like kerley and hill stepping up, in the end that builds a team..