Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: This team has a future

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530

    This team has a future

    I know it is one tough game to swallow, we should have won it but made way to many mistakes. Anyways, let us look at the positives. Almost all our young players stepped up big on a big stage and showed that they can really play in this league.

    We got two big time wide receivers growing up in Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill. Yes, Stephen Hill... even if he had that big drop late, he still showed that can get open and be a mismatch even though he went into the game not 100%. Kerley is quickly becoming one of the premier slot receivers in this league.

    On defense Coples and Wilkerson were warriors. Everyone was talking about the Pats no huddle but in these two guys we finally have players who can defend the run and the pass. Demario Davis was in there all game for Bart Scott and we finally didnt look overmatched at the ILB. David Harris also looked much better with a speedy LB next to him.

    Laron Landry was spectacular aswell. The TD was not defendable, perfect play by two all pro players. Remember when Eric Smith was starting for us?! How would he have looked on that play...

    Then there were all the other guys who propably arent supposed to be in the league - Isiah Trufant, Marcus Dowtin, Antonio Allen, Damon Harrison... all contributing. The commentators were even saying it, a lot of new names for this Jets team.

    Now I know, we need more from Mark Sanchez but today we finally looked like a good Jets team under Rex Ryan again - tough, smart, resiliant defense, punishing run game, methodical drives and a lot of heart all around. We could have easily given up but we didnt and that not only bodes well for the future under Rex but also for this season...

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,709
    We have talent, even without Revis and Holmes. It just wasn't enough. RT is still a major problem, which we never addressed and it's haunting us now.

  3. #3
    we should have beat the pats at home. we are looking a lot better
    Its true

  4. #4
    We played without our best WR, best CB, 2 starting defensive tackles. All our RBs are crippled (and not great to begin with). The fact that we actually were so close amazed me (not necessary made me happy).

    NE has the worst back four I've seen.

  5. #5
    Dump.

    SAR I

  6. #6
    so what, these Patriots are the worst we've encountered the last 12 years and we lost

  7. #7
    We have no QB. So no.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    so what, these Patriots are the worst we've encountered the last 12 years and we lost
    Door is wide open in the AFC for the first time since 2000 and we have no talent on offense, no pass rush, and are heading backwards.

    SAR I

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I know it is one tough game to swallow, we should have won it but made way to many mistakes. Anyways, let us look at the positives. Almost all our young players stepped up big on a big stage and showed that they can really play in this league.

    We got two big time wide receivers growing up in Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill. Yes, Stephen Hill... even if he had that big drop late, he still showed that can get open and be a mismatch even though he went into the game not 100%. Kerley is quickly becoming one of the premier slot receivers in this league.

    On defense Coples and Wilkerson were warriors. Everyone was talking about the Pats no huddle but in these two guys we finally have players who can defend the run and the pass. Demario Davis was in there all game for Bart Scott and we finally didnt look overmatched at the ILB. David Harris also looked much better with a speedy LB next to him.

    Laron Landry was spectacular aswell. The TD was not defendable, perfect play by two all pro players. Remember when Eric Smith was starting for us?! How would he have looked on that play...

    Then there were all the other guys who propably arent supposed to be in the league - Isiah Trufant, Marcus Dowtin, Antonio Allen, Damon Harrison... all contributing. The commentators were even saying it, a lot of new names for this Jets team.

    Now I know, we need more from Mark Sanchez but today we finally looked like a good Jets team under Rex Ryan again - tough, smart, resiliant defense, punishing run game, methodical drives and a lot of heart all around. We could have easily given up but we didnt and that not only bodes well for the future under Rex but also for this season...
    If we had a QB that could get these wins for us without us sweating , then id agree 100%

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We have no QB. So no.
    Sanchez has really picked his game up after the SF crapfest, but I still want to see Tebow and McElroy both get the chance to show what they can do with the offense for a couple games.

  11. #11
    Lex Hilliard is such an improvement over Connor.We may have our fb.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Door is wide open in the AFC for the first time since 2000 and we have no talent on offense, no pass rush, and are heading backwards.

    SAR I
    We have a good young WR. No QB though.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I know it is one tough game to swallow, we should have won it but made way to many mistakes. Anyways, let us look at the positives. Almost all our young players stepped up big on a big stage and showed that they can really play in this league.

    We got two big time wide receivers growing up in Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill. Yes, Stephen Hill... even if he had that big drop late, he still showed that can get open and be a mismatch even though he went into the game not 100%. Kerley is quickly becoming one of the premier slot receivers in this league.

    On defense Coples and Wilkerson were warriors. Everyone was talking about the Pats no huddle but in these two guys we finally have players who can defend the run and the pass. Demario Davis was in there all game for Bart Scott and we finally didnt look overmatched at the ILB. David Harris also looked much better with a speedy LB next to him.

    Laron Landry was spectacular aswell. The TD was not defendable, perfect play by two all pro players. Remember when Eric Smith was starting for us?! How would he have looked on that play...

    Then there were all the other guys who propably arent supposed to be in the league - Isiah Trufant, Marcus Dowtin, Antonio Allen, Damon Harrison... all contributing. The commentators were even saying it, a lot of new names for this Jets team.

    Now I know, we need more from Mark Sanchez but today we finally looked like a good Jets team under Rex Ryan again - tough, smart, resiliant defense, punishing run game, methodical drives and a lot of heart all around. We could have easily given up but we didnt and that not only bodes well for the future under Rex but also for this season...
    I have been saying this for quite awile. The Jets are a relatively young team with the majority of the old players gone after this season. There's not 1 player over the age of 28 that the Jets can not afford to lose after this season.

    This Jet team needs a QB, an OT (suprise at where) an OG but i believe there's 1 on the team and a Pass Rusher.

  14. #14
    this team is much better off with out holmes
    revis hurts
    holmes not so much

  15. #15
    I agree with the OP. Anyone who's crying because they thought we had a SB team is an idiot anyway. Lot's of young talent stepping up without a crowd of talented vets supporting them. They'll earn their stripes this year and Britany will be rubbing her nasties on my PSL seat in 2014 watching the Jets.

    Watching the Cinci game I do wish we picked up that rabid animal Burfict though, he's a spark we could use.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Watching the Cinci game I do wish we picked up that rabid animal Burfict though, he's a spark we could use.
    He's actually playing that well? That's a really interesting story, I'm sure it will get some GMs to rethink what kinds of players they should take chances on.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We have a good young WR. No QB though.
    LOL. Our QB had the game won if Hill catches the ball.

  18. #18
    the pats still have a tough schedule ahead
    maybe the door is still wide open
    we play them again
    9-7 or 10 and 6 could win division
    this could still get turned around

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Dump.

    SAR I
    Dump Dump--guy has to work for the Jets.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Lex Hilliard is such an improvement over Connor.We may have our fb.
    Agreed. I was very impressed with him today.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us