Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This team has a future

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    We have talent, even without Revis and Holmes. It just wasn't enough. RT is still a major problem, which we never addressed and it's haunting us now.
    what are you smoking? The RT played pretty darn well today and has done so most of the season! Ya think that maybe he will get even better with more experience? I do.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    what are you smoking? The RT played pretty darn well today and has done so most of the season! Ya think that maybe he will get even better with more experience? I do.
    He let up the sack to Ninchovich to end the game.

I'm not a paying member of PFF so I can't find the link but someone posted that they actually had Howard grading out worse than Hunter so far this season. Either way, the guys just not that good. There's a reason he's been on three teams in three years. Of course hes not the biggest problem the team has. Yeah, he's our starter this year and he could certainty improve with all the PT he's getting but that doesnt mean the RT position shouldn't be addresed in the future.

Hall Of Fame
    That's the problem, we always have a "future".

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Lex Hilliard is such an improvement over Connor.We may have our fb.
    Yep. Hillard has shown more in the past 2 weeks than Conner did in 2 years.

Reuland's an upgrade over Mulligan too

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianGreen View Post
    We played without our best WR, best CB, 2 starting defensive tackles. All our RBs are crippled (and not great to begin with). The fact that we actually were so close amazed me (not necessary made me happy).

NE has the worst back four I've seen.
    Kerley played. Holmes not being on the team actually make the offense better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

This team does have a future being successful & losing today doesn't end their season. As I foretold in the predict the score thread, this game would go into overtime and Jets would win by a safety or field goal. Of course, no one can go out & win it for them, but even with all the mistakes, I think this group has what it takes to make post season.

Too bad, they really shoulda had this game, but that's the good part about division matchups, you get a second swipe at trying to beat them. That & this loss doesn't warrant another ball burial. (-;

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    Lex Hilliard is such an improvement over Connor.We have our fb.
    Fixed!

Big shout out too to Nick Folk - guy has been money so far, in pressure situations. (Hope I didn't just jinx him ... ).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    We have talent, even without Revis and Holmes...
    Wait a minute. I thought this board was running Tannenbaum out of town!

And the pats played without their two starting safeties and two starting guards and their power back Bolden. Teams play games with players injured. The Pats running game would have been much better with Mankins and Connoly not being game time scratches. There was no way the pats were going to run the ball 2/3 of the time dinged up like they were. Rex understood that and played focused against the passing game.
    Last edited by patman; 10-22-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I know it is one tough game to swallow, we should have won it but made way to many mistakes. Anyways, let us look at the positives. Almost all our young players stepped up big on a big stage and showed that they can really play in this league.

We got two big time wide receivers growing up in Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill. Yes, Stephen Hill... even if he had that big drop late, he still showed that can get open and be a mismatch even though he went into the game not 100%. Kerley is quickly becoming one of the premier slot receivers in this league.

On defense Coples and Wilkerson were warriors. Everyone was talking about the Pats no huddle but in these two guys we finally have players who can defend the run and the pass. Demario Davis was in there all game for Bart Scott and we finally didnt look overmatched at the ILB. David Harris also looked much better with a speedy LB next to him.

Laron Landry was spectacular aswell. The TD was not defendable, perfect play by two all pro players. Remember when Eric Smith was starting for us?! How would he have looked on that play...

Then there were all the other guys who propably arent supposed to be in the league - Isiah Trufant, Marcus Dowtin, Antonio Allen, Damon Harrison... all contributing. The commentators were even saying it, a lot of new names for this Jets team.

Now I know, we need more from Mark Sanchez but today we finally looked like a good Jets team under Rex Ryan again - tough, smart, resiliant defense, punishing run game, methodical drives and a lot of heart all around. We could have easily given up but we didnt and that not only bodes well for the future under Rex but also for this season...
    Definitely---Alot of young players contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Door is wide open in the AFC for the first time since 2000 and we have no talent on offense, no pass rush, and are heading backwards.

SAR I
    You said dump. You lose your right to an opinion.

jets r coming!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    If we can beat the Cheaters and their striped allies on Thanksgiving night at Jet Life.

12-4 is in our sights

Realistically....probably only 11-5

No worse than 10-6

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    And the pats played without their two starting safeties and two starting guards and their power back Bolden. Teams play games with players injured. The Pats running game would have been much better with Mankins and Connoly not being game time scratches. There was no way the pats were going to run the ball 2/3 of the time dinged up like they were. Rex understood that and played focused against the passing game.
    The Patriots only run the ball well because of Brady as a threat in the passing game. They catch people off guard in their no huddle. Their line has never been good run blocking.

The Patriots only run the ball well because of Brady as a threat in the passing game. They catch people off guard in their no huddle. Their line has never been good run blocking.
    What line, This is the first year these guys are together, Koppen, Waters, Light, Neal are all gone. The only starter from last year that played Sunday was Volmer.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    I know it is one tough game to swallow, we should have won it but made way to many mistakes. Anyways, let us look at the positives. Almost all our young players stepped up big on a big stage and showed that they can really play in this league.

We got two big time wide receivers growing up in Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill. Yes, Stephen Hill... even if he had that big drop late, he still showed that can get open and be a mismatch even though he went into the game not 100%. Kerley is quickly becoming one of the premier slot receivers in this league.

On defense Coples and Wilkerson were warriors. Everyone was talking about the Pats no huddle but in these two guys we finally have players who can defend the run and the pass. Demario Davis was in there all game for Bart Scott and we finally didnt look overmatched at the ILB. David Harris also looked much better with a speedy LB next to him.

Laron Landry was spectacular aswell. The TD was not defendable, perfect play by two all pro players. Remember when Eric Smith was starting for us?! How would he have looked on that play...

Then there were all the other guys who propably arent supposed to be in the league - Isiah Trufant, Marcus Dowtin, Antonio Allen, Damon Harrison... all contributing. The commentators were even saying it, a lot of new names for this Jets team.

Now I know, we need more from Mark Sanchez but today we finally looked like a good Jets team under Rex Ryan again - tough, smart, resiliant defense, punishing run game, methodical drives and a lot of heart all around. We could have easily given up but we didnt and that not only bodes well for the future under Rex but also for this season...
    Mostly agree, we can have a future it's gonna take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Definitely---Alot of young players contributed.
    Very happy with the way the young guns stepped up. Depth of talent seems to be much better now that the players have more familiarity with the Jets system and more game time. Jets are definitely trending upwards and will be a very dangerous foe for anyone in the playoffs.

The Jets are in tweener stage right now and that is not good. One window has closed on them where they should have got a reliable vet QB rather than draft sanchez during the time they had a great running game, oline and defense.

QB, replacement needed.
    Oline, not bad, best players are still young enough.
    WR, Hill and Kerley good, need at LEAST one more top end guy. Holmes is an overated cap killing malcontent.
    TE badly need a reliable blocker that can also catch the odd pass.
    RB - Need a replacement.

Interior Dline and Ends - Good, young talent that should grow.
    OLBs - Badly need two replacements.
    ILBs - Need one replacement, Davis may be the guy.
    S - should be okay if Allen and or Bush pan out.
    CB - should be okay.

We are in the bad spot of having young players develop to get good just as others are going down hill and need replacement.

The number one need by far is starting QB. this team can often keep it close and would have a lot more wins if they had a QB who was middle of the pack.