Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Loss on Sparano and Rex.....not even debateable

  1. #1

    Loss on Sparano and Rex.....not even debateable

    God damn it I am angry. When Mcourty coughed it up at 2:00 laying the game on a silver platter for us. We needed to make that a TD people. A TD god damnit. Not playing for a FG. If we get a TD, we win. Sparano and Rex played like a bunch of pissjes and left 1:10 on clock and with a timeout to Brady. This was a script of what we have seen many times. We needed to go for a TD. Instead we run 2 straight runs and then take a sack. Goddam it !!!!!!!!!! **** you Tony Sparano and Rex Ryan. God damn you both.

    FM3

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,914
    They didn't concede and play for the FG.....they threw the ball on 3rd down....there was nothing there Sanchez took the sack that's that.

  3. #3
    I totally agree. Soprano has been and out and out disaster, worse than Schotty. How you run a slant in the 3rd quarter on 3rd & 1 at the 2 when you successfully ran the ball all the way from the start of the drive, made no sense. That was arguably the worst play call I have ever seen

  4. #4
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    411
    Should have thrown the ball away.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winter Springs, Fl
    Posts
    1,366
    Even so the PATS moved the ball so easily next possesion I've no doubt they probably would have won with a td.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    They didn't concede and play for the FG.....they threw the ball on 3rd down....there was nothing there Sanchez took the sack that's that.
    Even Sanchez taking the sack forced another timeout out of the Pats. I don't have a problem with that drive and I think the coaching staff would do it the same way again if they had a chance.

    Before the fumble, our running game and defense was much stronger than it was after the fumble.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Posts
    1,748
    Is this the original Moga or an imposter?

  8. #8
    Should have passed on first down there. With 2:01 on the clock there was no downside

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,914
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I totally agree. Soprano has been and out and out disaster, worse than Schotty. How you run a slant in the 3rd quarter on 3rd & 1 at the 2 when you successfully ran the ball all the way from the start of the drive, made no sense. That was arguably the worst play call I have ever seen
    That was the one call I hated......but other than that he did make some really good calls. We had some long drives, 90+ yards, Sparano fooled BB on the games final drive by going deep on the 3rd down I believe where the CB had to literally grab Hill to save a burn TD.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Postseason View Post
    Should have passed on first down there. With 2:01 on the clock there was no downside
    Very good point.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    They didn't concede and play for the FG.....they threw the ball on 3rd down....there was nothing there Sanchez took the sack that's that.
    3rd down is a predicable passing down. With 2:01 left on the clock, and the 2 minute warning coming, why not playaction pass? Pats were committed for the run on 1st down.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Postseason View Post
    Should have passed on first down there. With 2:01 on the clock there was no downside
    You know I hadn't thought of that but great point.It would have been the 2 minute warning after that.

  13. #13
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bailey, CO
    Posts
    321
    Poor clock management as usual. Are the Jets the slowest team to get off a play in the NFL?

  14. #14
    My problem there is theygot theball with2:01 left which opens for a pass because even if it is incomplete the clock stops. So take a shot
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga View Post
    God damn it I am angry. When Mcourty coughed it up at 2:00 laying the game on a silver platter for us. We needed to make that a TD people. A TD god damnit. Not playing for a FG. If we get a TD, we win. Sparano and Rex played like a bunch of pissjes and left 1:10 on clock and with a timeout to Brady. This was a script of what we have seen many times. We needed to go for a TD. Instead we run 2 straight runs and then take a sack. Goddam it !!!!!!!!!! **** you Tony Sparano and Rex Ryan. God damn you both.

    FM3

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga View Post
    God damn it I am angry. When Mcourty coughed it up at 2:00 laying the game on a silver platter for us. We needed to make that a TD people. A TD god damnit. Not playing for a FG. If we get a TD, we win. Sparano and Rex played like a bunch of pissjes and left 1:10 on clock and with a timeout to Brady. This was a script of what we have seen many times. We needed to go for a TD. Instead we run 2 straight runs and then take a sack. Goddam it !!!!!!!!!! **** you Tony Sparano and Rex Ryan. God damn you both.

    FM3
    When you have a qb that turns the ball over 25 times a year(2 per game average) your inclined to play it safe and take the easy points.

    Please see end of the game.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,575
    SPARANO S*CKS AND BLEW THE GAME. GO BACK TO MIAMI. We left 8 points off the board because of his vanilla play calling.

  17. #17
    Then the 3 man "pass rush" down the stretch

    Rex used to dial up blitzes when he had the lead, especially against Brady.

    They had a chance to win this game so many different times and they went out of there way to lose

  18. #18
    Does anybody have this game on DVR? I want to know how much time ran off the clock on the McCourty fumble? I could have sworn that there was 2:06 left when we kicked off the ball, how the hell does only 5 seconds run off that clock? I want to know if the Pats benefitted from some shady clock management by the officials running the clock.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Does anybody have this game on DVR? I want to know how much time ran off the clock on the McCourty fumble? I could have sworn that there was 2:06 left when we kicked off the ball, how the hell does only 5 seconds run off that clock? I want to know if the Pats benefitted from some shady clock management by the officials running the clock.
    Start a petition

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga View Post
    God damn it I am angry. When Mcourty coughed it up at 2:00 laying the game on a silver platter for us. We needed to make that a TD people. A TD god damnit. Not playing for a FG. If we get a TD, we win. Sparano and Rex played like a bunch of pissjes and left 1:10 on clock and with a timeout to Brady. This was a script of what we have seen many times. We needed to go for a TD. Instead we run 2 straight runs and then take a sack. Goddam it !!!!!!!!!! **** you Tony Sparano and Rex Ryan. God damn you both.

    FM3
    The loss is on Hill, he catches the ball for the first down we run the clock down to nothing and kick the field goal or get the TD and win...end Of story

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us