Thread: Time to eat crow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to eat crow

What can I say? I was proven wrong tonight. I said this team was not a good team, and they were. I said they weren't heroic, and they were. Tonight, Gang Green showed me that you can NEVER count them out in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

We didn't get the win, true. But this so called "joke", this "jest", lost to a HoF QB; all-star cast; and an HoF HC by THREE points.

Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed in the mistakes we made and am in no way defending our, at times, poor play. What I'm saying is that the future is much brighter than we think.

Mmm. Delicious crow...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'D duck if I were you.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way to lower your expectations

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    no, mainejet says you were right.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What can I say? I was proven wrong tonight. I said this team was not a good team, and they were. I said they weren't heroic, and they were. Tonight, Gang Green showed me that you can NEVER count them out in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

We didn't get the win, true. But this so called "joke", this "jest", lost to a HoF QB; all-star cast; and an HoF HC by THREE points.

Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed in the mistakes we made and am in no way defending our, at times, poor play. What I'm saying is that the future is much brighter than we think.

Mmm. Delicious crow...
    Great post. I can be disappointed that we didn't get the win, but we came out and hung in there til the end. This football team is much tougher and much better than people think we are.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Poorly played and poorly coached, and guess what, an L.

D played well for portions of the game. Offense blew opportunity after opportunity. Special teams gave up a TD.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Really? Poorly played and poorly coached, and guess what, an L.

D played well for portions of the game. Offense blew opportunity after opportunity. Special teams gave up a TD.
    so, who had the better offense tonight? defense?

did we win? no. should you kill yourself? no (maybe some of you).