Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at Mark's Stats....

Looking at Mark's Stats....

...It's true what they say :

"They NEVER tell the whole story"

He had 328 yards passing (1 TD/1 INT) with a 90+ passer rating.

But the BAD(INT, the fumble, other bad plays) that Mark did happened at the most INOPPORTUNE times.

In other words, He's just like any other JETS QB we've ever had since Joe Namath's Guarantee.

Well....except for Browning Nagle.....and Glenn Foley.....and Neil O' Donnell......

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

But the BAD(INT, the fumble, other bad plays) that Mark did happened at the most INOPPORTUNE times.

In other words, He's just like any other JETS QB we've ever had since Joe Namath's Guarantee.

Well....except for Browning Nagle.....and Glenn Foley.....and Neil O' Donnell......
    Yeah...giving up the special teams play, the safety and not tackling on 3rd down really hurt Mark. Not to mention Hills drop with NO ONE around him.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Yeah...giving up the special teams play, the safety and not tackling on 3rd down really hurt Mark. Not to mention Hills drop with NO ONE around him.
    Well okay.....Maybe I should've prefaced this thread with a :

*NOTE : Mark is *NOT* COMPLETELY to blame for this loss.

But as far as the safety goes, is that on Shonn or Mark? Or maybe both?

All League
    Well okay.....Maybe I should've prefaced this thread with a :

*NOTE : Mark is *NOT* COMPLETELY to blame for this loss.
    Not an unimportant distinction ... since the majority of this board is calling for Sanchez's head.

This board is DAMN hard to read and hang out at these days.

Veteran
    It's frustrating because Sanchez can make some major-league throws. But his decision making is bad:

1) making bad reads - missing open guys and throwing to guys who he shouldn't

2) situational awareness - not scrambling when he could, taking sacks at the absolute worst time, not protecting the football

The mind-set is not there to win. And I think the play calling falls down because they have to plan around Mark.

I think we need a change next year at QB. In this parity league, I think we are capable of building into a great team - but the QB has to change.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81 View Post
    Not an unimportant distinction ... since the majority of this board is calling for Sanchez's head.

This board is DAMN hard to read and hang out at these days
    effin right it is!

[DOUCHE VOICE]"well leave, then"[/DOUCHE VOICE]

Many of his completions were poorly thrown balls too were we lost many potential yards after catch. The ball Keller needed a a ladder to catch was illustrative. That play should have hit huge, no one was within 10 yards of him

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    It's frustrating because Sanchez can make some major-league throws. But his decision making is bad:

1) making bad reads - missing open guys and throwing to guys who he shouldn't

2) situational awareness - not scrambling when he could, taking sacks at the absolute worst time, not protecting the football

The mind-set is not there to win. And I think the play calling falls down because they have to plan around Mark.

I think we need a change next year at QB. In this parity league, I think we are capable of building into a great team - but the QB has to change.
    Agreed. Sanchez is too streaky to ever be successful. And I still can't believe he took that sack right before Folk's FG...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Many of his completions were poorly thrown balls too were we lost many potential yards after catch. The ball Keller needed a a ladder to catch was illustrative. That play should have hit huge, no one was within 10 yards of him
    Yes - one other thing I noticed is that Mark often waits a beat too long - he really waits for guys to come open rather than playing with much anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Agreed. Sanchez is too streaky to ever be successful. And I still can't believe he took that sack right before Folk's FG...
    Fine but what are the options? Tebow? Come on... McElroy? Say yes and watch the noodle-arm fanatics (who can't substantiate outside of a few pre-season throws in his first NFL game) decend.

We'll never get near anyone in the draft as we'll have at least a 50-50 season. Think rationally and maybe this QB who can play great and horrible can be taught to stay on the great side. It's really the path of least resisitance.

And please don't respond with "he sucks" without a reasonable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Fine but what are the options? Tebow? Come on... McElroy? Say yes and watch the noodle-arm fanatics (who can't substantiate outside of a few pre-season throws in his first NFL game) decend.

We'll never get near anyone in the draft as we'll have at least a 50-50 season. Think rationally and maybe this QB who can play great and horrible can be taught to stay on the great side. It's really the path of least resisitance.

"He Blows!"

Russell Wilson had 300 yards and 3tds on this horrid pass defense. It is one of the worse pass defenses in the league.....

The part of the stat line that you think looks good isn't even good. The bright side is this is not a very good new England team. Good qb's will destroy them

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Russell Wilson had 300 yards and 3tds on this horrid pass defense. It is one of the worse pass defenses in the league.....

The part of the stat line that you think looks good isn't even good. The bright side is this is not a very good new England team. Good qb's will destroy them
    Russel Wilson got himself out of trouble with his legs and benefitted from hurling hail mary type passes because he can't see over the OL to look down field.

He deserves credit for some of the way he's played this year, but the Pats mailed in that game last week against the Seahawks.

Sanchez picked apart the Pats D all afternoon when the play called for it.

It's completely moronic to label Sanchez' game today as poor and then say the game results were on him when so many other plays that weren't made and should have been contributed to it.

Jets Insider VIP

screw the stats! The only thing important is WINS! Suckchez is now a good loser! Laughing in the clubhouse after the game to me just plain sucks.

If it where Sanchez's first or 2nd year, I would be more patient. The guy is in his 4th year and we've seen him at his best already (which is average at best for an NFL QB). I posted in another thread that our future QB isn't even on this team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post

I think you're missing the point of this thread. I was pointing out that the Stats don't tell the whole story. You're implying that I'm extolling the virtues of Mark's stats. Come on, man....

Jets Insider VIP

all the "experts" like you said that Montana and Brady were both noodle arms! How did they turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    screw the stats! The only thing important is WINS! Suckchez is now a good loser! Laughing in the clubhouse after the game to me just plain sucks.
    OMG! You saw the Presser, too?

I was like "ARE YOU KIDDING ME, MARK?"

I wanted to reach through the TV screen and SMACK Mark upside his dumbass face!!!

The worst part is that if Tebow was up there, he'd do the SAME THING as well!

What is up with this franchise in getting QB's who refuse to get pissed in Pressers??

or at the very least.....Don't LAUGH IT UP with the Media!!!!

What we saw was a Jets QB who DOESN'T give a sh-t about Football, PERIOD. He got his money from that moron, Tanny....And now he's just treating this occupation like a Vacation until they give him the boot.
    Last edited by Vin; 10-21-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Russel Wilson got himself out of trouble with his legs and benefitted from hurling hail mary type passes because he can't see over the OL to look down field.

He deserves credit for some of the way he's played this year, but the Pats mailed in that game last week against the Seahawks.

Sanchez picked apart the Pats D all afternoon when the play called for it.

It's completely moronic to label Sanchez' game today as poor and then say the game results were on him when so many other plays that weren't made and should have been contributed to it.
    You think Sanchez played well? Have you ever watched the better QBs in this league play? His accuracy is atrocious even on completions.

Jets Insider VIP
    I will put 50% of this loss on Sanchez, 30% on Hill and 10% on Special Teams and 10% on Sparano's play calling.

Sanchez 50%
    The interception, the safety those are on Sanchez. But also he was throwing the ball too high for our guys. The pass to Keller when he was wide open if he hits him with a good throw Keller can turn around and still get at least ten more yards. A couple of throws to Kerley were too high too, on one of them we were very lucky that the ball came back to Kerley's hands. Somebody needs to tell this guy that he can throw the ball away, that sack was totally avoidable and the other sack on the last play of the game well we all saw what happen. This is the second winnable game that Sanchez throws away, the other game was the one against the Texans a game that we had a chance to win but because his bad decisions we lost.

Hill 30%
    That drop at the end of the 4th qtr was a killer. But also on Sanchez interception I think he could of played defender and try to come back for the ball instead on waiting for the ball in the end zone.

Special teams 10%
    We are supposed to do that to the opponents not the other way around. Nobody touched the Patsies returner.

Sparano's play calling 10%
    WTF! we can not win games kicking FG's. In the 3rd Qtr. We had 3 & 1 on the 2 and we throw a pass to Schillens? No Greene, no Tebow, no McKnight. Also why don't we play McKnight more? We can have a 1-2 punch if we get him more involved in the game, he's not playing enough.

Any way those are my 2 cents.