Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 177

Thread: The loss hurts, but I still think this Jets team turned some heads...

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    RahRah.. I agree with you here.

    Let's be honest with ourselves.. at 4pm today who thought the Jets had a chance to even cover the spread?

    The team played hard. They made it a game.

    Sure, they lost (and made mistakes while doing so) but the team showed they belong on the same field as the Pats... which is something the majority of the board didnt believe a few hours ago.

    We already know Sanchez isn't a HOF QB. We know Hill can't catch a pass. We know that the Jets can't stop TEs. We know that we dont have much of a pass rush.. but this team showed heart today. The youngsters looked pretty good, and besides some bad play calling, the Jets probably should've won.

    After the 49ers game, I thought the season was lost. Now.. after some tough losses to Houston and NE, not so much. Win the games they should win and finally win a game here or there that they shouldn't, and we're looking at the playoffs.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Look, the loss hurts, I know many are pissed, we all are, but I still think this team proved a lot of people wrong about them, so after killing them and giving them no shot to even win the game much less have a chance to win the game, I don't think it's fair for you to kill them for the mistakes that were made that contributed to the loss.

    Jets did a lot to hurt themselves in this game, they had several opportunities to win the game

    Sanchez has to get rid of the ball, can't take sacks

    Hill can't drop that pass

    The play call on 3rd and 1 inside the five has to be a run, Pats were on their heels

    Disagree with the playcalling after the fumble after the Jets tied the game

    Going into prevent on the final drive

    The clock management on the drive to tie the game, not letting the clock run down to the two minute mark

    Getting the break with the fumble on the KR after tying the game, and not going for the win

    But...

    The Jets came prepared, it was a great game plan on both sides of the ball, Sanchez played very well despite some key mistakes, McKnight is a ****ing warrior for playing a game with a high ankle sprain.

    The Jets were everything several on this board, namely SAR said they wouldn't be, and Rex Ryan had this team ready to play, and they were confident and believed they not only belonged, but were a team that can win a game like this, against the mighty Pats, in their house.

    So many injuries, the Jets came to play, as a Jets fan, as much as the loss hurts, there is a LOT that the Jets can build on in a game like this, a game nobody thought the Jets had a prayer to win

    The Pats aren't the vaunted team many try to make them out to be, they are still bad on defense, and despite the fact Brady is Brady, the offense has a lot of holes.

    And once again, the OT drive, the Jets make a play, force 4th down, out comes the flag from 25 yards down field to BAIL them out, it happens EVERY ****ing time. Kraft and his referees were there to bail them out.

    It happened in regulation too, but the OT penalty was the most shameful.

    I'm sick and tired of these Patriots getting bailed out, the refs did everything in their power to help the Pats during regulation, and then again in OT.

    I'm still proud of the team, and I'm excited about some of the younger players who emerged today, namely Kerley.

    Having Keller back was huge

    McKnight, what more needs to be said? I'll say this, when he's healthy, he needs to be a bigger part of the offense.

    I know some of you are killing Sparano, I still think Tony is trying to figure out what he has on this team, still feeling out his talent, and with so many injuries, he's had to shuffle so much with the game plan.

    Sure, it's easy for you and I to see what they are doing, but the decisions before the play occurs, so much of that depends on the talent available, the scouting of the Patriots defense, and the game plan.

    Despite the mistakes, I felt the game plan was VERY good on both sides of the ball.

    The irony, the KR after the Jets go up after 7-0 was huge, I know that didn't have that much of an impact on the game at the end, but I feel the Jets have a different swagger if they have a chance to play defense instead of giving up a great start to the game that quickly

    Even still, they battled, some yonger players earned a couple of stripes, Sanchez had one of his better games when too many are trying to write him off. Did he make some mistakes, yes, did he take the sacks when he shouldn't have? Yes. But there were so many that had Sanchez being replaced, and he showed a LOT in this game today.

    Flame away, I can't blame one player, one coach.

    I applaud the confidence and the job by Ryan to regroup this team after losing several KEY players to injury, and still dealing with injured players in-game. Make no mistake, the McKnight and Greene injuries in-game ALSO impacts the play calling and some of the decisions Sparano wound up making.
    As usual, great post! Spot on.

    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    We lost...we should have won. We played well enough to win. I won't fault any one person but our pass rush is non existent and Sanchez is NOT the problem.



    the safety was the difference...... I am drained emotionally but proud of the way we played.

    Agree 100%

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh god, enough with the moral victories.

    This is ridiculous. The team could have won this game. In fact, they SHOULD have wo it. But what is the one factor that EVERY one of these losses have in common?

    MARK SANCHEZ - He f*cks us every time you put the ball in his hands. He left so many very obvious big plays on the field it's pathetic.
    You either didnt watch the game, dont understand it or are delusional in all due respects. Sanchez was NOT the problem.

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, VA
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The irony of this rant

    The Jets are a team that is playing with a lot of rookies and younger players at key positions that they will have to rely on this year due to injuries to players like Revis and Holmes. Add the injuries of Pouha and Ellis, this team is playing with a LOT of young players.

    Jesus, do some of you think before you post?
    If you were playing with a young core of guys I'd give that to you. THAT ISN'T THE CASE HERE. Sure, there are some young guys on the field...but the core of this team, while not old, sure as hell aren't rookies. If you want to throw a party for losing a game the Jets had in the palm of their hand, go right ahead...I'm not stopping you. I'm just sick of sifting through losses for things to be happy about. Is all lost? Clearly not. If you look back I've been the guy saying to get to the bye at 4-4 and anything is possible. That said, this was a win...and it got pissed away. I'm sorry if I can't take solace in the fact that we nearly had it.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Look, the loss hurts, I know many are pissed, we all are, but I still think this team proved a lot of people wrong about them, so after killing them and giving them no shot to even win the game much less have a chance to win the game, I don't think it's fair for you to kill them for the mistakes that were made that contributed to the loss.

    Jets did a lot to hurt themselves in this game, they had several opportunities to win the game

    Sanchez has to get rid of the ball, can't take sacks

    Hill can't drop that pass

    The play call on 3rd and 1 inside the five has to be a run, Pats were on their heels

    Disagree with the playcalling after the fumble after the Jets tied the game

    Going into prevent on the final drive

    The clock management on the drive to tie the game, not letting the clock run down to the two minute mark

    Getting the break with the fumble on the KR after tying the game, and not going for the win

    But...

    The Jets came prepared, it was a great game plan on both sides of the ball, Sanchez played very well despite some key mistakes, McKnight is a ****ing warrior for playing a game with a high ankle sprain.

    The Jets were everything several on this board, namely SAR said they wouldn't be, and Rex Ryan had this team ready to play, and they were confident and believed they not only belonged, but were a team that can win a game like this, against the mighty Pats, in their house.

    So many injuries, the Jets came to play, as a Jets fan, as much as the loss hurts, there is a LOT that the Jets can build on in a game like this, a game nobody thought the Jets had a prayer to win

    The Pats aren't the vaunted team many try to make them out to be, they are still bad on defense, and despite the fact Brady is Brady, the offense has a lot of holes.

    And once again, the OT drive, the Jets make a play, force 4th down, out comes the flag from 25 yards down field to BAIL them out, it happens EVERY ****ing time. Kraft and his referees were there to bail them out.

    It happened in regulation too, but the OT penalty was the most shameful.

    I'm sick and tired of these Patriots getting bailed out, the refs did everything in their power to help the Pats during regulation, and then again in OT.

    I'm still proud of the team, and I'm excited about some of the younger players who emerged today, namely Kerley.

    Having Keller back was huge

    McKnight, what more needs to be said? I'll say this, when he's healthy, he needs to be a bigger part of the offense.

    I know some of you are killing Sparano, I still think Tony is trying to figure out what he has on this team, still feeling out his talent, and with so many injuries, he's had to shuffle so much with the game plan.

    Sure, it's easy for you and I to see what they are doing, but the decisions before the play occurs, so much of that depends on the talent available, the scouting of the Patriots defense, and the game plan.

    Despite the mistakes, I felt the game plan was VERY good on both sides of the ball.

    The irony, the KR after the Jets go up after 7-0 was huge, I know that didn't have that much of an impact on the game at the end, but I feel the Jets have a different swagger if they have a chance to play defense instead of giving up a great start to the game that quickly

    Even still, they battled, some yonger players earned a couple of stripes, Sanchez had one of his better games when too many are trying to write him off. Did he make some mistakes, yes, did he take the sacks when he shouldn't have? Yes. But there were so many that had Sanchez being replaced, and he showed a LOT in this game today.

    Flame away, I can't blame one player, one coach.

    I applaud the confidence and the job by Ryan to regroup this team after losing several KEY players to injury, and still dealing with injured players in-game. Make no mistake, the McKnight and Greene injuries in-game ALSO impacts the play calling and some of the decisions Sparano wound up making.
    Oakland is a great team. Don't you know, they lost by 3 to Atlanta last week?

  5. #45
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

    Flame away, I can't blame one player, one coach.


  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    If you were playing with a young core of guys I'd give that to you. THAT ISN'T THE CASE HERE. Sure, there are some young guys on the field...but the core of this team, while not old, sure as hell aren't rookies. If you want to throw a party for losing a game the Jets had in the palm of their hand, go right ahead...I'm not stopping you. I'm just sick of sifting through losses for things to be happy about. Is all lost? Clearly not. If you look back I've been the guy saying to get to the bye at 4-4 and anything is possible. That said, this was a win...and it got pissed away. I'm sorry if I can't take solace in the fact that we nearly had it.
    So who was this "core" you are referring to that was out on the field tonight?

  7. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    If you're referring to the INT, I just commented above, I agree, Sanchez has to make a better throw and a quicker read, Hill wasn't his first read, it looked like he was his 3rd option in the highlight, his mechanics were off with his footwork when shifting his weight, and he has to make a better throw.
    On he int, he had Greene WIdE open by like 20 yards in the flat. Sanchez played horribly today. He,s turning into the rest of the team, where they play there worst at the biggest moments. Before he would be bad for most of the game, but when we needed a play he would make one. This Is what made mark usable as our qb, and what gave us hope he would turn out ok.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Oakland is a great team. Don't you know, they lost by 3 to Atlanta last week?
    You've mastered the art of douchebaggery and trolling, how about actually talking football, or responding to football posts intelligently?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You've mastered the art of douchebaggery and trolling, how about actually talking football, or responding to football posts intelligently?
    Your personal attack has been reported.

    I'm not allowed to think that Oakland is a good team for only losing by 3 to a 5-0 Falcons team? Sorry buddy, you need to look yourself in the mirror first.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, VA
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So who was this "core" you are referring to that was out on the field tonight?
    Have you looked at the Jets Defense lately? You mean to tell me the mainstays on that defense are rookies? ...really? On offense, Sanchez, Greene, Keller, the O-Line. Yes, Hill is a rook. But THAT is cause for a mulligan? No, it's not time to scrap things like the other idiots are saying, but it sure as hell isn't time to be patting the offense on the back for coming up short.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    On he int, he had Greene WIdE open by like 20 yards in the flat. Sanchez played horribly today. He,s turning into the rest of the team, where they play there worst at the biggest moments. Before he would be bad for most of the game, but when we needed a play he would make one. This Is what made mark usable as our qb, and what gave us hope he would turn out ok.
    Sanchez didn't play horribly today, that statement is so far off base, it's almost pathetic that is made.

    Fans just really don't understand football and realize that Sanchez played a pretty good game. It wasn't flawless, he did make some mistakes, but take a look around the league today and tell me who had better games?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Sanchez didn't play horribly today, that statement is so far off base, it's almost pathetic that is made.

    Fans just really don't understand football and realize that Sanchez played a pretty good game. It wasn't flawless, he did make some mistakes, but take a look around the league today and tell me who had better games?
    Greene wasn't standing wide open in the flat on that play?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The irony of this rant

    The Jets are a team that is playing with a lot of rookies and younger players at key positions that they will have to rely on this year due to injuries to players like Revis and Holmes. Add the injuries of Pouha and Ellis, this team is playing with a LOT of young players.

    Jesus, do some of you think before you post?
    You obviously don't--The Jets are playing with three wasted first round draft choices---two aging and useless LB's and a 4th year quarter back who still makes the mistakes of a rookie. By the way RAH RAH---most teams in the NFL suffer key injuries and guess what---those who have depth and good coaching somehow manage to survive.

    You are now officially a cartoon character.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    Have you looked at the Jets Defense lately? You mean to tell me the mainstays on that defense are rookies? ...really? On offense, Sanchez, Greene, Keller, the O-Line. Yes, Hill is a rook. But THAT is cause for a mulligan? No, it's not time to scrap things like the other idiots are saying, but it sure as hell isn't time to be patting the offense on the back for coming up short.
    Let's stick with the offense, since you are blaming this loss on Sanchez.

    Greene had to leave the game in the 2nd half due to a head injury, they were playing with a banged up McKnight. On offense, at the skill positions, who was this core of players that you are referring to?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    You obviously don't--The Jets are playing with three wasted first round draft choices---two aging and useless LB's and a 4th year quarter back who still makes the mistakes of a rookie. By the way RAH RAH---most teams in the NFL suffer key injuries and guess what---those who have depth and good coaching somehow manage to survive.

    You are now officially a cartoon character.
    Who are the wasted three first round picks?

    4th year QB's don't only make mistake? Look at Eli Manning, he made one of the more bonheaded plays on an INT that I've seen all year. If the Redskins actually play a little prevent, the Giants probably lose that game today.

    You don't think injuries hurt a team, especially with the number of injuries the Jets have had to deal with?

    The only chartoon character is that thing in your head you call a brain.

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chester, VA
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Let's stick with the offense, since you are blaming this loss on Sanchez.

    Greene had to leave the game in the 2nd half due to a head injury, they were playing with a banged up McKnight. On offense, at the skill positions, who was this core of players that you are referring to?
    Where did I say that I blamed Sanchez? I said it's time to stop giving free passes. I never said I blame one guy in particular. If anyone I DO blame the one rookie on offense...Hill. Dude HAS to make that catch.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    the Giants probably lose that game today.
    But they didn't, did they? Good teams don't lose games like that, bad teams do. Everybody is so surprised that Oakland played Atlanta so close last week- and the reason why is because it's the NFL. Teams play close games, even a bad team is capable of going on the road and playing a close game. What it comes down to is good teams win, and bad teams lose. The Giants are a good team, so the fact that if if's and buts were candy and nuts they might've lost the game today, but fortunately if's and buts aren't candy and nuts, and they didn't lose. Just like the Jets didn't win.

    Good teams win, bad teams lose, really simple as that. Or who knows, maybe Oakland is a great team, they only lost be 3 to a 6-0 team, not to a 3-3 team?

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Greene wasn't standing wide open in the flat on that play?
    I've already said, in this thread, that the INT play was a bad play by Sanchez, what is your point?

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Look, the loss hurts, I know many are pissed, we all are, but I still think this team proved a lot of people wrong about them, so after killing them and giving them no shot to even win the game much less have a chance to win the game, I don't think it's fair for you to kill them for the mistakes that were made that contributed to the loss.

    Jets did a lot to hurt themselves in this game, they had several opportunities to win the game

    Sanchez has to get rid of the ball, can't take sacks

    Hill can't drop that pass

    The play call on 3rd and 1 inside the five has to be a run, Pats were on their heels

    Disagree with the playcalling after the fumble after the Jets tied the game

    Going into prevent on the final drive

    The clock management on the drive to tie the game, not letting the clock run down to the two minute mark

    Getting the break with the fumble on the KR after tying the game, and not going for the win

    But...

    The Jets came prepared, it was a great game plan on both sides of the ball, Sanchez played very well despite some key mistakes, McKnight is a ****ing warrior for playing a game with a high ankle sprain.

    The Jets were everything several on this board, namely SAR said they wouldn't be, and Rex Ryan had this team ready to play, and they were confident and believed they not only belonged, but were a team that can win a game like this, against the mighty Pats, in their house.

    So many injuries, the Jets came to play, as a Jets fan, as much as the loss hurts, there is a LOT that the Jets can build on in a game like this, a game nobody thought the Jets had a prayer to win

    The Pats aren't the vaunted team many try to make them out to be, they are still bad on defense, and despite the fact Brady is Brady, the offense has a lot of holes.

    And once again, the OT drive, the Jets make a play, force 4th down, out comes the flag from 25 yards down field to BAIL them out, it happens EVERY ****ing time. Kraft and his referees were there to bail them out.

    It happened in regulation too, but the OT penalty was the most shameful.

    I'm sick and tired of these Patriots getting bailed out, the refs did everything in their power to help the Pats during regulation, and then again in OT.

    I'm still proud of the team, and I'm excited about some of the younger players who emerged today, namely Kerley.

    Having Keller back was huge

    McKnight, what more needs to be said? I'll say this, when he's healthy, he needs to be a bigger part of the offense.

    I know some of you are killing Sparano, I still think Tony is trying to figure out what he has on this team, still feeling out his talent, and with so many injuries, he's had to shuffle so much with the game plan.

    Sure, it's easy for you and I to see what they are doing, but the decisions before the play occurs, so much of that depends on the talent available, the scouting of the Patriots defense, and the game plan.

    Despite the mistakes, I felt the game plan was VERY good on both sides of the ball.

    The irony, the KR after the Jets go up after 7-0 was huge, I know that didn't have that much of an impact on the game at the end, but I feel the Jets have a different swagger if they have a chance to play defense instead of giving up a great start to the game that quickly

    Even still, they battled, some yonger players earned a couple of stripes, Sanchez had one of his better games when too many are trying to write him off. Did he make some mistakes, yes, did he take the sacks when he shouldn't have? Yes. But there were so many that had Sanchez being replaced, and he showed a LOT in this game today.

    Flame away, I can't blame one player, one coach.

    I applaud the confidence and the job by Ryan to regroup this team after losing several KEY players to injury, and still dealing with injured players in-game. Make no mistake, the McKnight and Greene injuries in-game ALSO impacts the play calling and some of the decisions Sparano wound up making.
    excellent post

    **** the naysayers


  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    But they didn't, did they? Good teams don't lose games like that, bad teams do. Everybody is so surprised that Oakland played Atlanta so close last week- and the reason why is because it's the NFL. Teams play close games, even a bad team is capable of going on the road and playing a close game. What it comes down to is good teams win, and bad teams lose. The Giants are a good team, so the fact that if if's and buts were candy and nuts they might've lost the game today, but fortunately if's and buts aren't candy and nuts, and they didn't lose. Just like the Jets didn't win.

    Good teams win, bad teams lose, really simple as that. Or who knows, maybe Oakland is a great team, they only lost be 3 to a 6-0 team, not to a 3-3 team?
    The Giants weren't playing the Patriots, they were playing the Redskins.

    Last year, the Giants lost both games to a very average Redskins team.

    Good teams don't always win.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us