Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The loss hurts, but I still think this Jets team turned some heads...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Giants weren't playing the Patriots, they were playing the Redskins.

Last year, the Giants lost both games to a very average Redskins team.

Good teams don't always win.

That's right, they don't always win, but they win most of the time, regardless of score. The great thing is that as a fan you can sit back and point to U,V,W,X,Y an Z as the things that shouldn't have happened but did happen, and if only they didn't, in a 3 point game the team would've won, or if none of those things happened, they would've won in a blowout, but the fact is, those things DID happen. Good teams end up winning the games more often than not, bad teams don't. That's why the Jets are 3-4, and that's why Houston is 6-1, San Francisco 5-2, etc etc. You are what your record is, no?

Sure, sometimes a game might get totally messed up by a completely egregious call by a referee, particularly on the last play of the game, where the entire game had been played, but by calling that last play wrong, it changed the outcome of the game, compared to how the game was played on the field (i.e. Seattle vs Green Bay), but in the end, you're either good or you're not. Oakland played Atlanta to the brink, and it shocked everybody, but this is the NFL, teams are capable of playing a close game and losing, even if they aren't very good. What is Belichick's famous comment, something like 90% of NFL games aren't actually won by a team, but rather lost by the other team? There's a reason he said that, the good ones end up winning, more often than not. The Jets are 3-4, and with good reason too. Year 44 is in the books folks, no Super Bowl this year, good chance no playoffs. Maybe year 45 is the one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    That's right, they don't always win, but they win most of the time, regardless of score. The great thing is that as a fan you can sit back and point to U,V,W,X,Y an Z as the things that shouldn't have happened but did happen, and if only they didn't, in a 3 point game the team would've won, or if none of those things happened, they would've won in a blowout, but the fact is, those things DID happen. Good teams end up winning the games more often than not, bad teams don't. That's why the Jets are 3-4, and that's why Houston is 6-1, San Francisco 5-2, etc etc. You are what your record is, no?

Sure, sometimes a game might get totally messed up by a completely egregious call by a referee, particularly on the last play of the game, where the entire game had been played, but by calling that last play wrong, it changed the outcome of the game, compared to how the game was played on the field (i.e. Seattle vs Green Bay), but in the end, you're either good or you're not. Oakland played Atlanta to the brink, and it shocked everybody, but this is the NFL, teams are capable of playing a close game and losing, even if they aren't very good. What is Belichick's famous comment, something like 90% of NFL games aren't actually won by a team, but rather lost by the other team? There's a reason he said that, the good ones end up winning, more often than not. The Jets are 3-4, and with good reason too. Year 44 is in the books folks, no Super Bowl this year, good chance no playoffs. Maybe year 45 is the one?
    LOL, so now it's "well they win most of the time..."

Yes, they do.

Jets have fallen victim of one of the most injured teams in the league this year, that more than anything has had the biggest contribution to their current record, injuries with key players, star players, depth players, reserve players, at every level on both sids of the ball.

The loss today sucked, but nobody, and I can't almost guarantee YOU are one of them, gave the Jets even a chance today.

This Jets team is not as bad many want to think they are.

If Hill doens't drop that pass, if they run the ball on 3rd and 1, if the ref doesn't pull the flag out of his ass 30 yds down field, etc etc etc, the Jets win this game.

The problem with fans like you, every year that the team doens't go 16-0, it's a lost year, even before it ends, fans like you don't get it, you're too starved for a Superbowl, and you dont' realize how hard it is for teams to get there.

In a sport where the battle of attrition reigns supreme the Jets are already operating with a severe handicap, but they were on the field today and played more than good enough to win in a game nobody thought they had a chance.

The season is far from over.

All League
    I must say the RAH RAH tag is one of the better things I've seen coined on JI.

Though loss but at the moment I feel better bout this team going forward then I did two weeks ago.

All League
    Speaking of turning heads that game was further proof that the Patriot's secondary is incapable of turning their heads to look for the ball.

All League
    Look, the loss hurts, I know many are pissed, we all are, but I still think this team proved a lot of people wrong about them, so after killing them and giving them no shot to even win the game much less have a chance to win the game, I don't think it's fair for you to kill them for the mistakes that were made that contributed to the loss.

Jets did a lot to hurt themselves in this game, they had several opportunities to win the game

Sanchez has to get rid of the ball, can't take sacks

Hill can't drop that pass

The play call on 3rd and 1 inside the five has to be a run, Pats were on their heels

Disagree with the playcalling after the fumble after the Jets tied the game

Going into prevent on the final drive

The clock management on the drive to tie the game, not letting the clock run down to the two minute mark

Getting the break with the fumble on the KR after tying the game, and not going for the win

But...

The Jets came prepared, it was a great game plan on both sides of the ball, Sanchez played very well despite some key mistakes, McKnight is a ****ing warrior for playing a game with a high ankle sprain.

The Jets were everything several on this board, namely SAR said they wouldn't be, and Rex Ryan had this team ready to play, and they were confident and believed they not only belonged, but were a team that can win a game like this, against the mighty Pats, in their house.

So many injuries, the Jets came to play, as a Jets fan, as much as the loss hurts, there is a LOT that the Jets can build on in a game like this, a game nobody thought the Jets had a prayer to win

The Pats aren't the vaunted team many try to make them out to be, they are still bad on defense, and despite the fact Brady is Brady, the offense has a lot of holes.

And once again, the OT drive, the Jets make a play, force 4th down, out comes the flag from 25 yards down field to BAIL them out, it happens EVERY ****ing time. Kraft and his referees were there to bail them out.

It happened in regulation too, but the OT penalty was the most shameful.

I'm sick and tired of these Patriots getting bailed out, the refs did everything in their power to help the Pats during regulation, and then again in OT.

I'm still proud of the team, and I'm excited about some of the younger players who emerged today, namely Kerley.

Having Keller back was huge

McKnight, what more needs to be said? I'll say this, when he's healthy, he needs to be a bigger part of the offense.

I know some of you are killing Sparano, I still think Tony is trying to figure out what he has on this team, still feeling out his talent, and with so many injuries, he's had to shuffle so much with the game plan.

Sure, it's easy for you and I to see what they are doing, but the decisions before the play occurs, so much of that depends on the talent available, the scouting of the Patriots defense, and the game plan.

Despite the mistakes, I felt the game plan was VERY good on both sides of the ball.

The irony, the KR after the Jets go up after 7-0 was huge, I know that didn't have that much of an impact on the game at the end, but I feel the Jets have a different swagger if they have a chance to play defense instead of giving up a great start to the game that quickly

Even still, they battled, some yonger players earned a couple of stripes, Sanchez had one of his better games when too many are trying to write him off. Did he make some mistakes, yes, did he take the sacks when he shouldn't have? Yes. But there were so many that had Sanchez being replaced, and he showed a LOT in this game today.

Flame away, I can't blame one player, one coach.

I applaud the confidence and the job by Ryan to regroup this team after losing several KEY players to injury, and still dealing with injured players in-game. Make no mistake, the McKnight and Greene injuries in-game ALSO impacts the play calling and some of the decisions Sparano wound up making.
    Great post RayRay.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Though loss but at the moment I feel better bout this team going forward then I did two weeks ago.
    10 weeks to turn that corner. I get more confident every week that this team will begin to find ways to win. Giants were 9-7 and beat those teams they lost close games too last year in the playoffs. Its all about playing your best football after Thanksgiving.

Down 14-7 we get a safety I thought it was about to become a rout. I know i wasn't the only one.
    I felt worse about this team after winning the Miami Game then I do now. You can see the teams confidence growing. Continue that growth and we are set up to do really well down the stretch.

Rookie
    Hate to break it to Ray but EVERY team has to play with players injured, even the Patriots.

Patriots were playing without Mankins as well as a good rookie RB in Bolden. Also missing BOTH starting Safeties Chung and Gregory. Hernandez is still recovering from his ankle injury. Rookies Dennard, Dowling and Wilson saw alot of PT in the DB.

Not saying the Patriot secondary is any better or worse off with the rookies but Sanchez got over 300 yds passing and probably could have had over 400yds and another TD or more if he was an average QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Giants weren't playing the Patriots, they were playing the Redskins.

Last year, the Giants lost both games to a very average Redskins team.

Good teams don't always win.
    The Giants were playing the Redskins at home and recieved at least two very questionable calls. The calls they got reminded me of Pats calls. It was disgraceful

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Hate to break it to Ray but EVERY team has to play with players injured, even the Patriots.

Patriots were playing without Mankins as well as a good rookie RB in Bolden. Also missing BOTH starting Safeties Chung and Gregory. Hernandez is still recovering from his ankle injury. Rookies Dennard, Dowling and Wilson saw alot of PT in the DB.

Not saying the Patriot secondary is any better or worse off with the rookies but Sanchez got over 300 yds passing and probably could have had over 400yds and another TD or more if he was an average QB.
    like Brady.

Sanchez didn't play horribly today, that statement is so far off base, it's almost pathetic that is made.

Fans just really don't understand football and realize that Sanchez played a pretty good game. It wasn't flawless, he did make some mistakes, but take a look around the league today and tell me who had better games?
    Tom Brady
    Last edited by GandWFan; 10-22-2012 at 09:09 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Yeah...he dropped that Hill pass, gave up the safety, didn't tackle on multiple 3rd downs.

Oh...he didnt sack Brady either. he sucks.

Perhaps if he killed a deer you would be happy.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    like Brady.
    You're not serious, right?

Brady leads the #1 Offense in the NFL and has the 3rd most passing yds of any NFL QB this season.

Sanchez ranks #23. for comparison.

You got to try harder if you want to bash the Pats. Pick on their pass D and you might get agreement that they suck.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    You're not serious, right?

Brady leads the #1 Offense in the NFL and has the 3rd most passing yds of any NFL QB this season.

Sanchez ranks #23. for comparison.

You got to try harder if you want to bash the Pats. Pick on their pass D and you might get agreement that they suck.
    I'm prodding.

However, you were talking about #s he could have put up in this game. Just pointing out that he put up better #s than Brady.

I know Tom Brady is the bestest ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Tom Brady
    Actually, Sanchez outplayed Brady yesterday, look up the stats.

Next..

Rookie
    Actually, Sanchez outplayed Brady yesterday, look up the stats.

Next..
    Outplayed?

You mean outfumbled.

Brady has decimated other teams with his passing and still LOST .

But you knew that, right?

Veteran
    LOL, so now it's "well they win most of the time..."

Yes, they do.

Jets have fallen victim of one of the most injured teams in the league this year, that more than anything has had the biggest contribution to their current record, injuries with key players, star players, depth players, reserve players, at every level on both sids of the ball.

The loss today sucked, but nobody, and I can't almost guarantee YOU are one of them, gave the Jets even a chance today.

This Jets team is not as bad many want to think they are.

If Hill doens't drop that pass, if they run the ball on 3rd and 1, if the ref doesn't pull the flag out of his ass 30 yds down field, etc etc etc, the Jets win this game.

The problem with fans like you, every year that the team doens't go 16-0, it's a lost year, even before it ends, fans like you don't get it, you're too starved for a Superbowl, and you dont' realize how hard it is for teams to get there.

In a sport where the battle of attrition reigns supreme the Jets are already operating with a severe handicap, but they were on the field today and played more than good enough to win in a game nobody thought they had a chance.

The season is far from over.
    IF...the queen had balls she'd be king...IF our coaches didn't get so damn conservative(something Rex claimed he wouldn't upon his arrival) ..we have been losing these types of games for years...

The loss hurts, but I still think this Jets team turned some heads...
    For sure!!!! What an admirable performance! After today, it might be safe to say that the league is on notice, and HERE COME THE JETS!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Where is Rah Rah?

He's usually spinning up a storm by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    For sure!!!! What an admirable performance! After today, it might be safe to say that the league is on notice, and HERE COME THE JETS!!!!
    And you see Maybin's non-stop motor out there again today? That guy is f**kin' stellar. Stellar, I tell you. What a sack machine. No wonder he was talkin' so much smack about Miami this week. Awesome job again, Mayhem.