Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The loss hurts, but I still think this Jets team turned some heads...

The loss hurts, but I still think this Jets team turned some heads...

Look, the loss hurts, I know many are pissed, we all are, but I still think this team proved a lot of people wrong about them, so after killing them and giving them no shot to even win the game much less have a chance to win the game, I don't think it's fair for you to kill them for the mistakes that were made that contributed to the loss.

Jets did a lot to hurt themselves in this game, they had several opportunities to win the game

Sanchez has to get rid of the ball, can't take sacks

Hill can't drop that pass

The play call on 3rd and 1 inside the five has to be a run, Pats were on their heels

Disagree with the playcalling after the fumble after the Jets tied the game

Going into prevent on the final drive

The clock management on the drive to tie the game, not letting the clock run down to the two minute mark

Getting the break with the fumble on the KR after tying the game, and not going for the win

But...

The Jets came prepared, it was a great game plan on both sides of the ball, Sanchez played very well despite some key mistakes, McKnight is a ****ing warrior for playing a game with a high ankle sprain.

The Jets were everything several on this board, namely SAR said they wouldn't be, and Rex Ryan had this team ready to play, and they were confident and believed they not only belonged, but were a team that can win a game like this, against the mighty Pats, in their house.

So many injuries, the Jets came to play, as a Jets fan, as much as the loss hurts, there is a LOT that the Jets can build on in a game like this, a game nobody thought the Jets had a prayer to win

The Pats aren't the vaunted team many try to make them out to be, they are still bad on defense, and despite the fact Brady is Brady, the offense has a lot of holes.

And once again, the OT drive, the Jets make a play, force 4th down, out comes the flag from 25 yards down field to BAIL them out, it happens EVERY ****ing time. Kraft and his referees were there to bail them out.

It happened in regulation too, but the OT penalty was the most shameful.

I'm sick and tired of these Patriots getting bailed out, the refs did everything in their power to help the Pats during regulation, and then again in OT.

I'm still proud of the team, and I'm excited about some of the younger players who emerged today, namely Kerley.

Having Keller back was huge

McKnight, what more needs to be said? I'll say this, when he's healthy, he needs to be a bigger part of the offense.

I know some of you are killing Sparano, I still think Tony is trying to figure out what he has on this team, still feeling out his talent, and with so many injuries, he's had to shuffle so much with the game plan.

Sure, it's easy for you and I to see what they are doing, but the decisions before the play occurs, so much of that depends on the talent available, the scouting of the Patriots defense, and the game plan.

Despite the mistakes, I felt the game plan was VERY good on both sides of the ball.

The irony, the KR after the Jets go up after 7-0 was huge, I know that didn't have that much of an impact on the game at the end, but I feel the Jets have a different swagger if they have a chance to play defense instead of giving up a great start to the game that quickly

Even still, they battled, some yonger players earned a couple of stripes, Sanchez had one of his better games when too many are trying to write him off. Did he make some mistakes, yes, did he take the sacks when he shouldn't have? Yes. But there were so many that had Sanchez being replaced, and he showed a LOT in this game today.

Flame away, I can't blame one player, one coach.

I applaud the confidence and the job by Ryan to regroup this team after losing several KEY players to injury, and still dealing with injured players in-game. Make no mistake, the McKnight and Greene injuries in-game ALSO impacts the play calling and some of the decisions Sparano wound up making.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-21-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Look, the loss hurts, I know many are pissed, we all are, but I still think this team proved a lot of people wrong about them, so after killing them and giving them no shot to even win the game much less have a chance to win the game, I don't think it's fair for you to kill them for the mistakes that were made that contributed to the loss.

Jets did a lot to hurt themselves in this game, they had several opportunities to win the game

The play call on 3rd and 1 inside the five has to be a run, Pats were on their heels

The clock management on the drive to tie the game, not letting the clock run down to the two minute mark

Getting the break with the fumble on the KR after tying the game, and not going for the win

But...

The Jets came prepared, it was a great game plan on both sides of the ball, Sanchez played very well despite some key mistakes, McKnight is a ****ing warrior for playing a game with a high ankle sprain.

The Jets were everything several on this board, namely SAR said they wouldn't be, and Rex Ryan had this team ready to play, and they were confident and believed they not only belonged, but were a team that can win a game like this, against the mighty Pats, in their house.

So many injuries, the Jets came to play, as a Jets fan, as much as the loss hurts, there is a LOT that the Jets can build on in a game like this, a game nobody thought the Jets had a prayer to win

The Pats aren't the vaunted team many try to make them out to be, they are still bad on defense, and despite the fact Brady is Brady, the offense has a lot of holes.

And once again, the OT drive, the Jets make a play, force 4th down, out comes the flag from 25 yards down field to BAIL them out, it happens EVERY ****ing time. Kraft and his referees were there to bail them out.

I'm sick and tired of these Patriots getting bailed out, the refs did everything in their power to help the Pats during regulation, and then again in OT.

I'm still proud of the team, and I'm excited about some of the younger players who emerged today, namely Kerley.

McKnight, what more needs to be said? I'll say this, when he's healthy, he needs to be a bigger part of the offense.

I know some of you are killing Sparano, I still think Tony is trying to figure out what he has on this team, still feeling out his talent, and with so many injuries, he's had to shuffle so much with the game plan.

Sure, it's easy for you and I to see what they are doing, but the decisions before the play occurs, so much of that depends on the talent available, the scouting of the Patriots defense, and the game plan.

Despite the mistakes, I felt the game plan was VERY good on both sides of the ball.

The irony, the KR after the Jets go up after 7-0 was huge, I know that didn't have that much of an impact on the game at the end, but I feel the Jets have a different swagger if they have a chance to play defense instead of giving up a great start to the game that quickly

Even still, they battled, some yonger players earned a couple of stripes, Sanchez had one of his better games when too many are trying to write him off. Did he make some mistakes, yes, did he take the sacks when he shouldn't have? Yes. But there were so many that had Sanchez being replaced, and he showed a LOT in this game today.

I applaud the confidence and the job by Ryan to regroup this team after losing several KEY players to injury, and still dealing with injured players in-game. Make no mistake, the McKnight and Greene injuries in-game ALSO impacts the play calling and some of the decisions Sparano wound up making.
    We lost...we should have won. We played well enough to win. I won't fault any one person but our pass rush is non existent and Sanchez is NOT the problem.

the safety was the difference...... I am drained emotionally but proud of the way we played.

But...

Oh god, enough with the moral victories.

This is ridiculous. The team could have won this game. In fact, they SHOULD have wo it. But what is the one factor that EVERY one of these losses have in common?

MARK SANCHEZ - He f*cks us every time you put the ball in his hands. He left so many very obvious big plays on the field it's pathetic.

Before I clicked this thread, I said to myself, I bet he is gonna blame the refs... sighhh

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

This is ridiculous. The team could have won this game. In fact, they SHOULD have wo it. But what is the one factor that EVERY one of these losses have in common?

MARK SANCHEZ - He f*cks us every time you put the ball in his hands. He left so many very obvious big plays on the field it's pathetic.
    Yeah...he dropped that Hill pass, gave up the safety, didn't tackle on multiple 3rd downs.

Oh...he didnt sack Brady either. he sucks.

Perhaps if he killed a deer you would be happy.

Hall Of Fame
    No moral victories. We are not the Colts.

Though I wish we were.

All Pro
    We've lost so many games like this. I can't really say we turned heads. We would of accomplished that with a W.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Before I clicked this thread, I said to myself, I bet he is gonna blame the refs... sighhh

The official right on the play doesn't throw a flag, no nothing, and he was, then the official 30 yards down the field throws a late flag to give the Pats a PI and a whole new set of downs, which results in what turns out to be the game winning FG

Just being real, if you think the Pasts didn't get the calls, then you're just a hater

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    And you still would have been wrong

I didn't blame the refs for the Jets losing the game, I blamed them for bailing out the Pats again...

If you don't think this is true, you are lost.

This is not a thread about moral victories, it is a thread to remind those out there that didn't give the team a chance, want to fire Ryan, think that Ryan has lost the team, think Sanchez sucks, so on and so forth.

Amazing how the offense has improved dramatically now that key players have come back from injury, especially Keller.

All League

every loss that the jets have had since Mark Sanchez has been the QB has been with Mark Sanchez at QB. True story.

I'm telling you right now, a random freaking team is going to stumble their way into Houston in mid-January for the AFC Title game. Tell me it can't be the Jets. The only teams eliminated from that equation to me are KC, Oakland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, and Indianapolis. Any other team could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Yeah...he dropped that Hill pass, gave up the safety, didn't tackle on multiple 3rd downs.

Oh...he didnt sack Brady either. he sucks.

Perhaps if he killed a deer you would be happy.
    I laughed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    every loss that the jets have had since Mark Sanchez has been the QB has been with Mark Sanchez at QB. True story.
    you have to use pictures with him. His understanding of the game is at a 10 year old level. Blame the QB..... Our offensive calls were questionable. Hill drop, safety, no pass rush.

He will never learn.

Veteran
    We lost...we should have won. We played well enough to win. I won't fault any one person but our pass rush is non existent and Sanchez is NOT the problem.

This

the safety was the difference...... I am drained emotionally but proud of the way we played.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

But...

Adding "Sanchez really needs to hit wide open receivers" to your list would really give a boost to your credibility Ray Ray.

Your anti-Sanchez agenda is obvious, credit lost!

Only a hater watches a game like today and suggest Sanchez lost the game, he had one of hi better ames of his career. He wasn't flawless, he DID make a couple of mistakes, but he was efficient for the most part, he did a LOT of the little things that in the past he didn't do. The INT was a play that he should have put more on the ball, Hill wasn't his first read, but he has to make a better throw, it was both mechanics on that throw, as well as a late read, it was a mistake, but he threw the ball 40 timees, he had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Adding "Sanchez really needs to hit wide open receivers" to your list would really give a boost to your credibility Ray Ray.
    If you're referring to the INT, I just commented above, I agree, Sanchez has to make a better throw and a quicker read, Hill wasn't his first read, it looked like he was his 3rd option in the highlight, his mechanics were off with his footwork when shifting his weight, and he has to make a better throw.

We lost...we should have won.

This is ridiculous. The team could have won this game. In fact, they SHOULD have wo it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    We've lost so many games like this. I can't really say we turned heads. We would of accomplished that with a W.
    This about covers it.