Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The loss hurts, but I still think this Jets team turned some heads...

the pats still have a tough schedule ahead
    maybe the door is still wide open
    we play them again
    9-7 or 10 and 6 could win division
    this could still get turned around

Hall Of Fame
    Ray, you are right about one thing. This game did turn some heads.

I did turn my head away from the screen on that Sanchez INT. And the sack/fumble.

Surprise--Ray Ray spinning for the organization!

Veteran
    Play for the tie against the Pats and you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    If you're referring to the INT, I just commented above, I agree, Sanchez has to make a better throw and a quicker read, Hill wasn't his first read, it looked like he was his 3rd option in the highlight, his mechanics were off with his footwork when shifting his weight, and he has to make a better throw.
    Fair enough. But missing a wide open receiver in the end zone and instead throwing a interception is about as costly a mistake as a QB can make. Well, except for maybe botching a handoff for a safety or fumbling on the final drive.

But other than his mistakes that effectively gave the opponent 9 points and the game, he was great!

Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    Play for the tie against the Pats and you lose.
    Sanchez said as much in his PC, for those that are killing either Sanchez or Sparano, they know they needed a TD at the end of that game, there is another team on the field that is doing their part to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Surprise--Ray Ray spinning for the organization!
    What did I spin?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, you are right about one thing. This game did turn some heads.

I did turn my head away from the screen on that Sanchez INT. And the sack/fumble.

Sanchez said as much in his PC, for those that are killing either Sanchez or Sparano, they know they needed a TD at the end of that game, there is another team on the field that is doing their part to stop it.
    So your saying the Pats D came up big?

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4657218]

Your anti-Sanchez agenda is obvious, credit lost!

Only a hater watches a game like today and suggest Sanchez lost the game, he had one of hi better ames of his career. He wasn't flawless, he DID make a couple of mistakes, but he was efficient for the most part, he did a LOT of the little things that in the past he didn't do. The INT was a play that he should have put more on the ball, Hill wasn't his first read, but he has to make a better throw, it was both mechanics on that throw, as well as a late read, it was a mistake, but he threw the ball 40 timees, he had a good game.[/QUOTE]

All the above is a paragraph making excuses for a terrible QB and yet I'm the one with the Sanchez agenda?! I swear you have no sense of the obvious.

Put Sanchez's career with the Jets on trial to ANYONE, jets fans and other teams fans alike, and 98% of them would say he sucks and he needs to be relieved of his duties.

It's only cake eaters, Kool-Aid drinkers, like yourself that have NO sense of objectivity that actually still think Sanchez is Johnny Unitas.

It is so predictable to see you start to get nasty and defensive when someone suggests anything even slightly off color about the mighty Jets.

If your mother said something bad about the Jets, would you threaten to beat her senseless? Because that's the feeling I'm getting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    So your saying the Pats D came up big?
    GFY troll

we didn't turn any head. ..WTF. ....non-Jets fans say what we say as fans. ..SAME OLD JETS

All Pro

Your anti-Sanchez agenda is obvious, credit lost!

Only a hater watches a game like today and suggest Sanchez lost the game, he had one of hi better ames of his career.
    If that was one of Sanchez' better games of his career, then we are taking a QB VERY high next year.

I get supporting your team, but Sanchez is not the future of this team....sorry Ray. This is coming from a guy who hoped for the best, but never wanted him drafted in the first place.

All League
    Why are the trolls still here? Pats game is over you pathetic fkn losers, move on to the next team and get a life.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

RahRah.. I agree with you here.

Let's be honest with ourselves.. at 4pm today who thought the Jets had a chance to even cover the spread?

The team played hard. They made it a game.

Sure, they lost (and made mistakes while doing so) but the team showed they belong on the same field as the Pats... which is something the majority of the board didnt believe a few hours ago.

We already know Sanchez isn't a HOF QB. We know Hill can't catch a pass. We know that the Jets can't stop TEs. We know that we dont have much of a pass rush.. but this team showed heart today. The youngsters looked pretty good, and besides some bad play calling, the Jets probably should've won.

After the 49ers game, I thought the season was lost. Now.. after some tough losses to Houston and NE, not so much. Win the games they should win and finally win a game here or there that they shouldn't, and we're looking at the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    If that was one of Sanchez' better games of his career, then we are taking a QB VERY high next year.

I get supporting your team, but Sanchez is not the future of this team....sorry Ray. This is coming from a guy who hoped for the best, but never wanted him drafted in the first place.
    We would be so much better off with Flacco, Dalton, Bradford etc....

maybe we could trade for Cassel?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post

Game on the road in one of the more hostile environments he will play in given the rivalry between our two teams...

330 yds, passing, 70% comp, a 92 yd critical drive to get the team back into position to get back into the game.

I don't get the Sanchez hate by some unless they are just buying into the media rhetoric. Sanchez has had his faults, he has also had numerous injuries that hampered the offense all year, including tonight with McKnight not 100% and Greene out in the second half, that was critical. Keller being back tonight was HUGE.

Let's give this offense a chance to get healthy, the kids are growing up, Kerley had a huge game, Hill flashed a lot, despite a critical drop.

Sanchez by MOST accounts played a very good game, his mistakes hurt, but all QB's make them, and given the conditions of the game tonight, a game that most didn't even give Sanchez and the team a chance...

Rookie
    Enough of the moral victory crap. The jets are not a team full of rookies. They blew a win they had in their back pocket....there is no pat on the back for that. Close the sale, and turn heads that way.

Would have turned heads if we won. Instead, the story is the Jets were once again not good enough to get past NE. Who cares about moral victories. We've been notching them for years, with what to show for it?

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    Enough of the moral victory crap. The jets are not a team full of rookies. They blew a win they had in their back pocket....there is no pat on the back for that. Close the sale, and turn heads that way.
    The irony of this rant

The Jets are a team that is playing with a lot of rookies and younger players at key positions that they will have to rely on this year due to injuries to players like Revis and Holmes. Add the injuries of Pouha and Ellis, this team is playing with a LOT of young players.

Jesus, do some of you think before you post?