Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The loss hurts, but I still think this Jets team turned some heads...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope for your sake that you guys only win two more games and don't drop out of the top 10 draft choices. With the #5 to #9 draft spot, which can be parlayed to multiple picks to speed along the rebuild.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rah Rah, I don't think the Jets are going to win the 12 games you predicted. How about 10 wins? Do you think we can get there?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    REALITY: The Jets lost by 21 points. Jet fans are not impressed, not a single Seahawk fan has a newfound respect for our team.

No heads were turned.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh god, enough with the moral victories.

This is ridiculous. The team could have won this game. In fact, they SHOULD have wo it. But what is the one factor that EVERY one of these losses have in common?

MARK SANCHEZ - He f*cks us every time you put the ball in his hands. He left so many very obvious big plays on the field it's pathetic.
    A-FREAKIN-MEN!!!
    woulda coulda shoulda is bulsh!t and for looooosers. That what this team is. Rex saying Mark made some good throws during the game is a looooosers mentality. Not realizing that Rex has destroyed his own team still amazes me. Rex took over a solid team from a coach that tried putting square pegs in round holes, but Rex has lost this team. He didn't lose it again, he never got it back.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    REALITY: The Jets lost by 21 points. Jet fans are not impressed, not a single Seahawk fan has a newfound respect for our team.

No heads were turned.
    He must of ment all the whiplash from the laughter, so now they can't turn their heads.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btw look at what buffalo did. People play new England close this year.

Sanchez and the jets did nothing but the standard that game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    CAN WE PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD WITH FIRE?
    We tried, but Sanchez was in charge of shooting the thread....and missed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Btw look at what buffalo did. People play new England close this year.

Sanchez and the jets did nothing but the standard that game.
    DL bat down passes, passes turn around targets on short routes, red zone INT, #6 clinches loss with unnecessary TO during sack.

Yep, all too standard.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Look, the loss hurts, I know many are pissed, we all are, but I still think this team proved a lot of people wrong about them, so after killing them and giving them no shot to even win the game much less have a chance to win the game, I don't think it's fair for you to kill them for the mistakes that were made that contributed to the loss.

Jets did a lot to hurt themselves in this game, they had several opportunities to win the game

Sanchez has to get rid of the ball, can't take sacks

Hill can't drop that pass

The play call on 3rd and 1 inside the five has to be a run, Pats were on their heels

Disagree with the playcalling after the fumble after the Jets tied the game

Going into prevent on the final drive

The clock management on the drive to tie the game, not letting the clock run down to the two minute mark

Getting the break with the fumble on the KR after tying the game, and not going for the win

But...

The Jets came prepared, it was a great game plan on both sides of the ball, Sanchez played very well despite some key mistakes, McKnight is a ****ing warrior for playing a game with a high ankle sprain.

The Jets were everything several on this board, namely SAR said they wouldn't be, and Rex Ryan had this team ready to play, and they were confident and believed they not only belonged, but were a team that can win a game like this, against the mighty Pats, in their house.

So many injuries, the Jets came to play, as a Jets fan, as much as the loss hurts, there is a LOT that the Jets can build on in a game like this, a game nobody thought the Jets had a prayer to win

The Pats aren't the vaunted team many try to make them out to be, they are still bad on defense, and despite the fact Brady is Brady, the offense has a lot of holes.

And once again, the OT drive, the Jets make a play, force 4th down, out comes the flag from 25 yards down field to BAIL them out, it happens EVERY ****ing time. Kraft and his referees were there to bail them out.

It happened in regulation too, but the OT penalty was the most shameful.

I'm sick and tired of these Patriots getting bailed out, the refs did everything in their power to help the Pats during regulation, and then again in OT.

I'm still proud of the team, and I'm excited about some of the younger players who emerged today, namely Kerley.

Having Keller back was huge

McKnight, what more needs to be said? I'll say this, when he's healthy, he needs to be a bigger part of the offense.

I know some of you are killing Sparano, I still think Tony is trying to figure out what he has on this team, still feeling out his talent, and with so many injuries, he's had to shuffle so much with the game plan.

Sure, it's easy for you and I to see what they are doing, but the decisions before the play occurs, so much of that depends on the talent available, the scouting of the Patriots defense, and the game plan.

Despite the mistakes, I felt the game plan was VERY good on both sides of the ball.

The irony, the KR after the Jets go up after 7-0 was huge, I know that didn't have that much of an impact on the game at the end, but I feel the Jets have a different swagger if they have a chance to play defense instead of giving up a great start to the game that quickly

Even still, they battled, some yonger players earned a couple of stripes, Sanchez had one of his better games when too many are trying to write him off. Did he make some mistakes, yes, did he take the sacks when he shouldn't have? Yes. But there were so many that had Sanchez being replaced, and he showed a LOT in this game today.

Flame away, I can't blame one player, one coach.

I applaud the confidence and the job by Ryan to regroup this team after losing several KEY players to injury, and still dealing with injured players in-game. Make no mistake, the McKnight and Greene injuries in-game ALSO impacts the play calling and some of the decisions Sparano wound up making.
    you must be nuts

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    I'm telling you right now, a random freaking team is going to stumble their way into Houston in mid-January for the AFC Title game. Tell me it can't be the Jets. The only teams eliminated from that equation to me are KC, Oakland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, and Indianapolis. Any other team could do it.
    They have to hit rock bottom first. I hope yesterday was it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    funny like shrinkage
    Followed by "dysfunction".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And ifthe queen had b#*ls she would be king
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    If only the Dolphins hadn't recovered that onside kick, if only they hadn't blocked that punt, if only Sanchez hadn't fumbled that ball, if only that field goal kick hadn't been blocked, if only they could tackle Reggie Bush , if only they could've scored a touchdown before halftime. If only Clyde Gates hadn't gotten tripped up by his own guy on the kickoff return, if only the Jets didn't go under center on 3rd down to allow Miami to bring pressure right up the middle forcing an errant pass, if only the Jets could've covered the Dolphins receivers, if only Ryan Tannehill didn't get injured, if only the Jets had gotten more pressure on the quarterback (despite that one HUGE sack they got by Calvin Pace), if only Sanchez didn't throw that interception, I think the Jets would've won the game. If only those things didn't happen. This team is on the brink of greatness, they're playing so well, and if just a few of these things had gone differently today, the Jets would be standing at a very prideful 4-4. We'll get em 2 weeks from now in Seattle, if only some things don't go against the Jets!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    And ifthe queen had b#*ls she would be king
    yup. that's the point

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Sanchez didn't play horribly today, that statement is so far off base, it's almost pathetic that is made.

Are you blind or just that stupid?

Your love child was 9/22 for a measley 124 yards with a QB rating of 40.7, not to mention his 4th INT in the red zone.

But accordingly to you "he didn't play horribly"

Jets fans laugh their ass off at you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Your love child was 9/22 for a measley 124 yards with a QB rating of 40.7, not to mention his 4th INT in the red zone.

You getting senile old man? Rah Rah's post that you quoted is from 3 weeks ago.

I'm sure if he came out of hiding he'd post something similar, but until then you need to hold your horses.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

For all intents and purposes, you're arguing with a ghost. I have a feeling Ray Ray is going to be scarce around here for a little while.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not very good at the reading comprehension. You are so determined to mock RayRay, among other people, you may not have read very closely.

Other times you seem to be moderate. But this is trolling for trolling's sake, and in the case, you are blind or just stupid.

You are responding to a post that he wrote after the Jets Patriots game.
    You don't have to be an ass all of the time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

TX, you are such a joke.

Sorry man but you pride yourself at believing that you post intelligent comments.....but then you go and post that response to RayRay WITHOUT LOOKING AT WHEN THAT POST OF HIS WAS CREATED!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    They have to hit rock bottom first. I hope yesterday was it.
    No way. We're still in free fall. Bottom arrives Thanksgiving night at the earliest....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Kansas City Chiefs turned some heads tonight.