Thread: man falls at metlife in critical condition.

man falls at metlife in critical condition.

EAST RUTHERFORD A 42-year-old man remains in critical condition after toppling off an escalator and falling 21 feet while exiting a New York Giants home game in East Rutherford this afternoon, a New Jersey State Police spokesman said.

A small stage set up near Met Life Stadium's Verizon Gate broke the man's fall and prevented him from landing on a concrete sidewalk. An investigation into the cause of the fall is ongoing, Sergeant Adam Grossman said.

Football fans took to Twitter to exclaim their shock over witnessing the fall. One user tweeted, "I heard it. And saw him too. I didn't look any closer and just got out of there. @MetLife_Stadium what happened?"

Officials from the stadium could not be reached for comment. A spokesman for the Giants, who beat the Redskins 27-23, referred all inquires to the stadium's public relations contact.

Grossman said the man was airlifted to Hackensack University Medical Center for treatment, but would not comment on the man's identity or place of residence.

A spokeswoman from the hospital said she could not release any information about the man's condition.

Hall Of Fame
    My friend texted me as it happened. Said he heard a loud sound, and then saw blood everywhere and the guy layed out. Not good.

if this was a jets game it would be all over the news. the new stadium sucks. hope the guy is ok.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if this was a jets game it would be all over the news. the new stadium sucks. hope the guy is ok.
    This has nothing to do with the Jets/Giants. It has happened a ton of times already and its barely on the news.

My friends text said "Pretty sure I just saw a dead guy", he's pretty freaked out by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    This has nothing to do with the Jets/Giants. It has happened a ton of times already and its barely on the news.

My friends text said "Pretty sure I just saw a dead guy", he's pretty freaked out by it.
    if neither team was playing would he still be at the stadium?

show me proof of other times.

it most certainly has to do with either team.

Hall Of Fame
    if neither team was playing would he still be at the stadium?

it most certainly has to do with either team.
    Not what I meant. You're trying to imply it would be some huge story if it happened during a Jet game. It wouldn't. Odds are the guy was drunk being stupid and fell. Who cares where it happened, the question is why did it happen and hopefully he's ok and his family doesn't have to lose a loved one due to some freak accident.

Not what I meant. You're trying to imply it would be some huge story if it happened during a Jet game. It wouldn't. Odds are the guy was drunk being stupid and fell. Who cares where it happened, the question is why did it happen and hopefully he's ok and his family doesn't have to lose a loved one due to some freak accident.
    if this happened at a jets game it most certainly be headlines and a huge story.

Hall Of Fame
    if this happened at a jets game it most certainly be headlines and a huge story.
    Agree to disagree out of respect and hope that this fan is alright.

Jets Insider VIP
    Amen

Hopefully he recovers.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

but how is your friend? I think I can speak on behalf of everyone to say our chief concern is the well being of your friend who may have seen the body of the guy who died.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    but how is your friend? I think I can speak on behalf of everyone to say our chief concern is the well being of your friend who may have seen the body of the guy who died.
    Pretty sure he's over it seeing as his last update on Status was CRUUUZZZZZZ.....sure everyone cares. D ick.