Thread: Guess who we don't miss?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Was Ed Reed there?
    He's a safety.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Jets are not winning the Super Bowl next year. Lets be real here. Letting him play out the deal on a team that is basically going .500 give or take is nuts. Yes we get a comp pick but trading Revis this offseason will net us more then just a 3rd or 4th round comp pick.

Better this year with Revis is not the point. But next year when we can turn Revis into 3 potential starters at other positions of need is where im going with this. There are no guarantees in draft picks I know but this has to be our direction as Revis doesn't guarantee anything either. Last year is a good example.

What do you think the Jets could get when trading a guy who just tore his ACL? I don't think he has any trade value until other teams see that he's healthy.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    It's crazy to think that the Jets don't miss Revis
    So with a healthy Revis do you think we beat Houston, SF and NE?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    What do you think the Jets could get when trading a guy who just tore his ACL? I don't think he has any trade value until other teams see that he's healthy.
    We will get at least a 2nd and another conditional pick. And like I said, what we get in return is not the only gain. The cap space he eats up will allow us to retool in more important areas of need. We need RB, TE(Keller is a FA, 2 OLBS, O-Line, safety(both our starters are FA after this year), and maybe a QB. Revis has to be gone.

So with a healthy Revis do you think we beat Houston, SF and NE?
    Great chance we beat NE today with Revis.

Are you telling me with a healthy Revis the D doesn't make one more stop today?

I say we pay him.

I'm sick of letting our PTPers walk.

Abraham, Riggins, Douglas, Farrior, Vilma, JOEL DREESEN!

Let's pay this one for once

He's a safety.
    So what?

He might as well be a Cornerback, too. Must be nice to have one of those ELITE players.....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Great chance we beat NE today with Revis.

Are you telling me with a healthy Revis the D doesn't make one more stop today?
    We were 8-8 with the best CB in the league last year. We also sucked on 3rd down last year. So yeah, im telling you that. We did not lose today because of our CB play.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Who were the cornerbacks on the 2000 Ravens defense?
    Chris McAlister and Duane Starks, two outstanding corners (especially McAlister).

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    On one hand, I agree. The last few games have shown us that we shoudnt pay Revis.

The issue is that Cro uses his athleticism to play CB. As the years go by, is Cro going to be as effective? Probably not. I'd hate to trade Revis next year and in 2014 have Cro past his prime, Wilson cut, and the Jets without a CB
    This. Revis will last a lot longer than Cro because Cro relies on sheer freak athleticism, and that will be lost long before instincts, technique, and work will.