Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ready for Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Pts per game isn't really a good barometer as the QB doesn't get the points for passing TDs. For example, last year, Aaron Rodgers accounted for 1.2 ppg
    Mk. Point taken.

What was Denver's PPG with Tebow? How many PPG was the D allowing? How many game winning FGs did Prater make?

Tebow is MASSIVELY overrated (by his fanbase) and has been given close to ALL the credit for Denver's 2011 success.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    As long as we're adding completions to improve his completion percentage, let's add more INTs to skew his TD/INT ratio and INT% stats.

And again, you're dragging Mark into this when I never even brought him up in the first place. What barring does Mark's stats have on this discussion? We're discussing TEBOW being bad, breh. Try to keep up.
    Guys, Guys! This thread is called "Ready for Tebow". Not trash Tebow. "Ready for Tebow". Don't make me come over there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Guys, Guys! This thread is called "Ready for Tebow". Not trash Tebow. "Ready for Tebow". Don't make me come over there.
    You're breaking me smalls, man.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mk. Point taken.

What was Denver's PPG with Tebow? How many PPG was the D allowing? How many game winning FGs did Prater make?

Tebow is MASSIVELY overrated (by his fanbase) and has been given close to ALL the credit for Denver's 2011 success.
    Who gives a crap what a team's PPG is if it works for them?

Not every team needs a top offense to win games in the NFL. Pittsburgh Steelers, 49ers and plenty of other teams use a conservative approach to the game.

You have conservative, run first, defensive heavy teams, middle of the line balanced teams, and high powered offenses with poor defenses.

There's no right or wrong way of going about it. Tom Brady won Superbowls on final kicks of his kicker. Someone still had to put them in position. Likewise the higher scoring PPG offense DIDN'T win the superbowl last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Who gives a crap what a team's PPG is if it works for them?

Not every team needs a top offense to win games in the NFL. Pittsburgh Steelers, 49ers and plenty of other teams use a conservative approach to the game.

You have conservative, run first, defensive heavy teams, middle of the line balanced teams, and high powered offenses with poor defenses.

There's no right or wrong way of going about it. Tom Brady won Superbowls on final kicks of his kicker. Someone still had to put them in position. Likewise the higher scoring PPG offense DIDN'T win the superbowl last year.
    Conservative is fine, but Tim is downright ineffective. Sure, he'll burst some nice runs, but that's generally gonna happen late in the game in which the score is very close. What happens when our D can't keep the opposing O out of the EZ? Or what happens when Folk isn't banging in these huge ass FGs? Tim is going to have to put up points, and he simply cannot do it. Yes, he's had moments where he's made some clutch plays, but that is not who Tim is. Tim is this: If the D can play lights out and keep this game EXTREMELY close, I can get Prater around midfield to get points.

Sorry, but I'm not signing up for that gimmick. And believe me, I don't want the Sanchez project either. I want a normal ****ing QB who can lead an offense and isn't gonna turn the ball over like a *****. Neither Tim or Mark are those guys.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conservative is fine, but Tim is downright ineffective. Sure, he'll burst some nice runs, but that's generally gonna happen late in the game in which the score is very close. What happens when our D can't keep the opposing O out of the EZ? Or what happens when Folk isn't banging in these huge ass FGs? Tim is going to have to put up points, and he simply cannot do it. Yes, he's had moments where he's made some clutch plays, but that is not who Tim is. Tim is this: If the D can play lights out and keep this game EXTREMELY close, I can get Prater around midfield to get points.

Sorry, but I'm not signing up for that gimmick. And believe me, I don't want the Sanchez project either. I want a normal ****ing QB who can lead an offense and isn't gonna turn the ball over like a *****. Neither Tim or Mark are those guys.

Considering he had a top 5 TD/TO scoring efficiency and a top 5 int % which lead to 7-4. record...I'd say that proved he WAS efficient.

Mark Sanchez may have had 26 touchdowns, but his 18 interceptions made him INEFFICIENT.

More points, less efficient overall.

He did as much bad as he did good. All Tebow will ever be and should be is a solid game manager as a passer who won't turn over the ball. But as a dual rush QB that's all he really needs to be. His rushing ability is what puts his quarterbacking over the top. You have to take that into consideration, because it's part of his QUARTERBACK play and part of his offense.

He is a rushing quarterback. He will give you 65% of his production in passing but the other 35% comes from his rushing. Most pocket passers have a 95%/2% ratio.

You have to look at the entire package with dual rush quarterbacks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering he had a top 5 TD/TO scoring efficiency and a top 5 int % which lead to 7-4. record...I'd say that proved he WAS efficient.

Mark Sanchez may have had 26 touchdowns, but his 18 interceptions made him INEFFICIENT.

He did as much bad as he did good. All Tebow will ever be and should be is a solid game manager as a passer who won't turn over the ball. But as a dual rush QB that's all he really needs to be. His rushing ability is what puts his quarterbacking over the top. You have to take that into consideration, because it's part of his QUARTERBACK play and part of his offense.

He is a rushing quarterback. He will give you 65% of his production in passing but the other 35% comes from his rushing. Most pocket passers have a 95%/2% ratio.

Fine. Start him. I just don't give a **** enough anymore. I mean, the season is over anyway, so we might as well let the league and the country laugh at us some more by having Tebow as our QB. Who cares if his D and Kicker got him to the playoffs? Let's send this fake "winner" out onto the field so he can secure us a good draft position.

Yea. Tebow time. Right.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mk. Point taken.

I keep hearing about how Tebow was given all the credit. Could have sworn that Von Miller got DROTY, and that Dawkins and Champ were selected for the Pro Bowl. Could have also sworn that just about anyone who follows football knows that Prater made some huge kicks, and that Wilis MaGahee resurrected his career last year. Also pretty sure that a hell of a lot more people came to know the names Decker and Demaryius Thomas, compared to their previous anonymity.

I'm pretty sure that I've explained this before, but the "credit" generally always goes to the QB unless the defense scores the game winning TD. Hell, let's look at John Elway. What's one of the things that he is most noted for ? "The Drive: against Cleveland in the AFCC game in 86/87. John Elway drove Denver 92 yards down the field to win the game.

Oh, wait, that's not what happened. Elway drove down the field for a TD, and Rich Karlis TIED the game with the extra point, sending the game into overtime. There, Rich Karlis WON the game with a 33 yard FG.

Denver was aided by a good defense and 2 Ints and 1 fumble by the Browns. One of those INTs gave Denver the ball at the Browns freaking 9 yard line. Denver had to settle for a FG, but that was ok as on the follwing kickoff, Cleveland fumbled the ball and Denver recovered on Cleveland's 37 yard line.

But who gets the credit and who gets remembered for the heroics ? The QB of course, John Elway.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep hearing about how Tebow was given all the credit. Could have sworn that Von Miller got DROTY, and that Dawkins and Champ were selected for the Pro Bowl. Could have also sworn that just about anyone who follows football knows that Prater made some huge kicks, and that Wilis MaGahee resurrected his career last year. Also pretty sure that a hell of a lot more people came to know the names Decker and Demaryius Thomas, compared to their previous anonymity.

I'm pretty sure that I've explained this before, but the "credit" generally always goes to the QB unless the defense scores the game winning TD. Hell, let's look at John Elway. What's one of the things that he is most noted for ? "The Drive: against Cleveland in the AFCC game in 86/87. John Elway drove Denver 92 yards down the field to win the game.

Oh, wait, that's not what happened. Elway drove down the field for a TD, and Rich Karlis TIED the game with the extra point, sending the game into overtime. There, Rich Karlis WON the game with a 33 yard FG.

Denver was aided by a good defense and 2 Ints and 1 fumble by the Browns. One of those INTs gave Denver the ball at the Browns freaking 9 yard line. Denver had to settle for a FG, but that was ok as on the follwing kickoff, Cleveland fumbled the ball and Denver recovered on Cleveland's 37 yard line.

But who gets the credit and who gets remembered for the heroics ? The QB of course, John Elway.
    Except for the fact that, you know....that's no excuse. Prater had more to do with Denver's success than Tim did, mate. I'll give Tim credit for a clutch throw in OT against Pitt, but I will NOT give him all the credit for the season when it was PRATER and the DEFENSE that was bailing his ass out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Great posts. I think this is the wave of the future for the NFL. Congrats for holding your own against McG - he can throw some big punches

Yep, the lead singer of the rock band always gets laid and the QB gets all the credit for the wins. But all that really matters is whether or not we win the game. Tebow wins.

I read an article today - I think the headline was "Jets Searching for an Identity", and I thought What a load of crap this is. The Jets have Tim Tebow. Whether you think he's great, good, or awful, he believes in working his butt off and loves to play football. He's got a cannon of an arm, and the charisma and personality of Brett Favre or Broadway Joe in their heyday. He can win games for the Jets and be exciting to watch for years to come, but he won't even be given the chance to try. Jets fans have already decided that he sucks, without even letting him start a single game for them. You gave Sanchez 4 years as starter, but you give Tebow - nothing. Absolutely nothing. And he is giving everything he has to you right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except for the fact that, you know....that's no excuse. Prater had more to do with Denver's success than Tim did, mate. I'll give Tim credit for a clutch throw in OT against Pitt, but I will NOT give him all the credit for the season when it was PRATER and the DEFENSE that was bailing his ass out.
    Umm, ok, who on the defense drove the ball 95 yards against the Jets for the go ahead TD ??

Don't tell me about the pick 6. It was necessary, but even with that, Denver was still behind and would have lost.

Next, the Miami game. The onside kick was huge, as was Prater's FG in overtime, but they wouldn't have been in overtime had Tebow not driven 80 yds for a TD, followed up by a 50+ yd drive for another TD, AND a 2 pt conversion.

Bears game. Yeah, Barber being driven out of bounds on a good play by the D and Barber getting stripped of the ball on another great play by the D were huge. BUT, Tebow still had to drive 63 yards for a TD, then another 39 yards down the field in short order for Praters 59 yard FG, then another 33 yards for the game winning FG.

As was pointed out, the Pats won a couple of SBs on late "game winning FGs", but somehow, that's never used as a knock against Brady. I've certainly never seen someone here knock the fact that Folk kicked the game winning FG against the Colts in the 2010 WC game. Nope, they just talk about how Sanchez beat Manning on the road.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Umm, ok, who on the defense drove the ball 95 yards against the Jets for the go ahead TD ??

Don't tell me about the pick 6. It was necessary, but even with that, Denver was still behind and would have lost.

Next, the Miami game. The onside kick was huge, as was Prater's FG in overtime, but they wouldn't have been in overtime had Tebow not driven 80 yds for a TD, followed up by a 50+ yd drive for another TD, AND a 2 pt conversion.

Bears game. Yeah, Barber being driven out of bounds on a good play by the D and Barber getting stripped of the ball on another great play by the D were huge. BUT, Tebow still had to drive 63 yards for a TD, then another 39 yards down the field in short order for Praters 59 yard FG, then another 33 yards for the game winning FG.

As was pointed out, the Pats won a couple of SBs on late "game winning FGs", but somehow, that's never used as a knock against Brady. I've certainly never seen someone here knock the fact that Folk kicked the game winning FG against the Colts in the 2010 WC game. Nope, they just talk about how Sanchez beat Manning on the road.
    "Ok, ok, but, but TEBOW DOE".

No one uses those things against Brady because Brady is, I don't know, A COMPETENT QB WHO IS GOING INTO THE HALL OF ****ING FAME.

As for Sanchez? His Pick-6ers are just as delusional as the Tebowites. The **** do you expect from them? Everyone knows it was the Defense that got him into the playoffs......just like this other guy I know....