Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready for Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    He might have sidearmed that one throw, but did you notice that every one of his throws were right on target ?

I'm wondering how you, of all people, can notice when you're practically stuck on his backside 24/7?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm wondering how you, of all people, can notice when you're practically stuck on his backside 24/7?

And I'm wondering at what point you will actually demonstrate that you have a basic fundamental grasp of either logic or that you understand football.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I'm wondering at what point you will actually demonstrate that you have a basic fundamental grasp of either logic or that you understand football.
    Pfft, Football 101: It's better to have a quarterback that throws the ball with the correct motion, and misses, that one that throws it "wrong" but gets it there.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He might have sidearmed that one throw, but did you notice that every one of his throws were right on target ?
    Thank you, Mark would have thrown one too high, one behind the receiver (not caught) and been 1/3.

I don't care how the ball gets there so long as it does. Bernie Kosar had a disgusting looking throw and he was a successful NFL QB. And to boot, Tebow has won at every level he has played, including the NFL. He throws awkwardly, has a slow release, not always accurate all that = Wins.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

For all who think Tebow should not start...

Could he really be much worse than Sanchez? I mean really. Sanchez is amongst the worst QBs in the league. Tebow at least, would add an additional element to the offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Pfft, Football 101: It's better to have a quarterback that throws the ball with the correct motion, and misses, that one that throws it "wrong" but gets it there.

How many QB's out there throw Side-arm and are successful doing it in the NFL?

Hmmmm......

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm......
    I think Tebow is the first. (7-4, 8-5 including playoffs). Hmmm.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm......
    Actually, on quick hitting throws to the slot, a number of QBs drop down to sidearm to make sure the ball gets passed an edge defender.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Thank you, Mark would have thrown one too high, one behind the receiver (not caught) and been 1/3.

I don't care how the ball gets there so long as it does. Bernie Kosar had a disgusting looking throw and he was a successful NFL QB. And to boot, Tebow has won at every level he has played, including the NFL. He throws awkwardly, has a slow release, not always accurate all that = Wins.

He also had a pretty damn good defense hold the fort while he sucked major ass for 56 minutes up to the point where he has his ONE SOLE GOOD DRIVE LATE to steal a victory.

The Jets do not have that Defense. Sorry.

Jets would be down 3 scores by the time the 4th quarter arrives and Tebow does his "sole good drive" of the game.

Stop trying to compare the Broncos with the Jets.

They are differently-run organizations.

AND TEBOW IS NOT AN NFL QB(Neither is Sanchez, IMO, but that's beside the point). He's a Glorified FB/HB *trying* to play QB in the NFL.

Woody didn't get him because he thought he'd be a QB for this team. HE GOT HIM BECAUSE OF THE HEADLINES. LIKE IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN FOR HIM AS OUR FRIGGIN' OWNER.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know, more and more I'm coming around to the idea that Tim's getting better at throwing the football. I mean, he still needs **** loads of work, but there IS improvement. That said, he's not our future, so it's kinda moot.

In any event, I'll side with the Tebowites and present this ONE question: Which is uglier: a( A bad throwing motion that sends the ball to the receiver, or b( A good throwing motion that sends the ball to the defender?

THAT said, Tebowites are the most annoying ****s in the world and can get bent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He also had a pretty damn good defense hold the fort while he sucked major ass for 56 minutes up to the point where he has his ONE SOLE GOOD DRIVE LATE to steal a victory.

Jets would be down 3 scores by the time the 4th quarter arrives and Tebow does his "sole good drive" of the game.

AND TEBOW IS NOT AN NFL QB(Neither is Sanchez, IMO, but that's beside the point). He's a Glorified FB/HB *trying* to play QB in the NFL.
    Last I checked, that guy that you claim "is not an NFL QB" was drafted as an NFL QB, became the starter at NFL QB for Denver last year, went 7-4 in his 11 starts and took a 1-4 team to the playoffs. Once there, he beat the defending AFC champions.

Now, call me silly, but I happen to think that all of the above settles the question of whether or not Tim Tebow is an NFL QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Mr. Moo?

So you're a Cow then, right?

Seriously, though, I couldn't give a rat's ass if they brought out Tebow or not. But if we want a Top 10 Pick, we stick with Sanchez all the way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He could, but at least he'd have some damn confidence in himself.

All that phony "winner" stuff I can do without, but Tim at least believes in himself and is confident. Mark, on the other hand, seems like he's going to burst into tears at any moment.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we didn't have Sanchez's salary guaranteed next year, I'd say what can it hurt? But since we do, if we're not committed to cutting our loss with his contract, I can see why they don't want to completely crush his ego.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anyone thinks tebow shouldn't start anymore. The season is lost. Unless you want to lose out for that little italian boy 'geno smith, why not see what you have with tebow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks tebow shouldn't start anymore. The season is lost. Unless you want to lose out for that little italian boy 'geno smith, why not see what you have with tebow
    That "little italian boy"?

maybe you should rephrase that a bit?

Or am I going to get another post by what's-his-name saying "The Pu$$ification of America Continues" again?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody didn't get him because he thought he'd be a QB for this team. HE GOT HIM BECAUSE OF THE HEADLINES. LIKE IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN FOR HIM AS OUR FRIGGIN' OWNER.

OK, I have many times provided valid arguments on why Tebow would be a successful NFL QB. Let me hear exactly why you think he cannot.

When you do, you must relate those reasons to the successes he has had at every level including almost a full season as an NFL starting QB. All those answers I suspect that you will provide will have to do with throwing motion, slow release, low completion % etc.. But he has always won with all those things at every level. So your answer must include why it will no longer work and why he can't continue to do it, because so far it hasn't happened, even with his little playing time with this team.

So there you go, convince me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    If we didn't have Sanchez's salary guaranteed next year, I'd say what can it hurt? But since we do, if we're not committed to cutting our loss with his contract, I can see why they don't want to completely crush his ego.
    More than half the games this season he's completed less than 50% of his passes. He's completed less than 42% of his passes in the red zone and thrown 4 picks. I just don't see what benching him would change. His ego is completely crushed already.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather my thread get dumped than merged!!!

Signed,
    Angry Giants Fan

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    That is the wrong attitude. Just because your paying the guy doesn't mean you have to start him. Sanchez, Pace, and Scott I don't care how much they are making they are not starter quality players right now. All they do is make us look worse then we really are. Do you think Washington or Minni should have stuck with McNabb? How about Seattle and Flynn? If you base all your moves on who makes the most the team will look. Well like we do right now.