Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 132

Thread: Ready for Tebow.

  1. #101
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    If you think that "sucks", you know NOTHING about football
    And you do?



    You know about as much about Football as the next guy in this forum. No one is less knowledgeable about the sport here than the other.


    We each have our own takes and opinions on things so it's all good.


    That's why JI is, IMO, the BEST Jets Messageboard/Forum on the Net, HANDS DOWN!

  2. #102
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    And you do?
    I know enough and more than that guy.

  3. #103
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ read my updated post above.

  4. #104
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't using opinions. Those are facts.

  5. #105
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    I know enough and more than that guy.
    Nooo, you're a fanboy who can't see any opinion other than your own being correct.
    Someone like Demos, whom I consider a pal, knows more than me and is very thorough in his analysis of Tim than most of you Tebowites. See, what Demos does is try to present things in a way that could pursued a person to see things his way. And in doing so, he's made me agree with him on occasion. Ask him yourself. You, on the other hand, present nothing but fanboy talking points and talk down to people if they disagree with you.

    There's a good way to debate and pursued people. Demos understands this; you don't.

  6. #106
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Nooo, you're a fanboy who can't see any opinion other than your own being correct.
    Someone like Demos, whom I consider a pal, knows more than me and is very thorough in his analysis of Tim than most of you Tebowites. See, what Demos does is try to present things in a way that could pursued a person to see things his way. And in doing so, he's made me agree with him on occasion. Ask him yourself. You, on the other hand, present nothing but fanboy talking points and talk down to people if they disagree with you.

    There's a good way to debate and pursued people. Demos understands this; you don't.
    Once again, I didn't use opinions. I used facts.

    You used opinions. "he sucks".

    That's an opinion. And a poor one at that. And your only rebuttal is calling me a "fanboy" which is pretty typical of anyone that has ever responded to anybody making an intelligent pro argument regarding Tebow. As if that, in your ignorant mind, somehow discounts all of those facts or any other reasonable argument .

    It doesn't.

  7. #107
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Once again, I didn't use opinions. I used facts.

    You used opinions. "he sucks".

    That's an opinion. And a poor one at that. And your only rebuttal is calling me a "fanboy" which is pretty typical of anyone that has ever responded to anybody making an intelligent pro argument regarding Tebow. As if that, in your ignorant mind, somehow discounts all of those facts or any other reasonable argument .

    It doesn't.
    A big part of your argument against my opinion WAS an opinion, lol. Tebow led that team to the playoffs? Yes, Tebow was holding defenses to 13-16 points and kicking 50 yard game winning/tying field goals. Oh wait; that wasn't him at all. Actually, I'm certain he was the guy leading constant 3nOs and a 16 ppg offense, no?

    Look, Tebow can be given SOME credit. The issue is he's being given ALL the credit when he deserves very little. Has he made some plays? Yes. Does that negate the rest of his lousy play? No.

    Fact of the matter is that you ARE a fanboy, mate. I'm willing to give Tim some credit, but that's not good enough for you. You want him to have ALL the credit while we chant "TEBOW!".

    I'm sorry if you can't deal with that, but that's not my issue. Sorry, breh.

  8. #108
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    A big part of your argument against my opinion WAS an opinion, lol. Tebow led that team to the playoffs? Yes, Tebow was holding defenses to 13-16 points and kicking 50 yard game winning/tying field goals. Oh wait; that wasn't him at all. Actually, I'm certain he was the guy leading constant 3nOs and a 16 ppg offense, no?

    Look, Tebow can be given SOME credit. The issue is he's being given ALL the credit when he deserves very little. Has he made some plays? Yes. Does that negate the rest of his lousy play? No.

    Fact of the matter is that you ARE a fanboy, mate. I'm willing to give Tim some credit, but that's not good enough for you. You want him to have ALL the credit while we chant "TEBOW!".

    I'm sorry if you can't deal with that, but that's not my issue. Sorry, breh.
    Defense did its job, but last time I checked the offense scored the points. And you need that to win games.

    You don't know anything about me to call me a fanboy. I have made less than 25 posts on this website. I'm a Tebow fan, but that doesn't make me a fanboy although I will put money I know quite a bit more facts about Tebow than you from what it sounds.

    And sure the offense was low scoring, but efficient and you CAN win that way. But efficient scoring, low turnover % and efficient rushing isn't good enough for you because the offense isn't high scoring enough.

    You'd prefer what you have...which is horrible inefficiency, high turnover % and inefficient rushing ALONG with a low scoring offense anyway.

    That's fantastic.
    Last edited by ytfootballfan; 11-17-2012 at 09:52 PM.

  9. #109
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Nooo, you're a fanboy who can't see any opinion other than your own being correct.
    Someone like Demos, whom I consider a pal, knows more than me and is very thorough in his analysis of Tim than most of you Tebowites. See, what Demos does is try to present things in a way that could pursued a person to see things his way. And in doing so, he's made me agree with him on occasion. Ask him yourself. You, on the other hand, present nothing but fanboy talking points and talk down to people if they disagree with you.

    There's a good way to debate and pursued people. Demos understands this; you don't.
    Demos has got swag, despite the fact I'd prefer he take his Tebow-worshipping and "swag" elsewhere.


    yt, sorry man but you lack the "Demos" swag.....



    BTW, McGinley.....Whatever happened to that vinnie poster? You know the one I'm referring to.....The one claiming to be a Long-time Jets fan?

    How very...INTERESTING that this yt-poster appears out of nowhere and the vinnie-poster disappears.... Hmmmm.
    Last edited by Vin; 11-17-2012 at 09:58 PM.

  10. #110
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Demos has got swag, despite the fact I'd prefer he take his Tebow-worshipping and "swag" elsewhere.


    yt, sorry man but you lack the "Demos" swag.....



    BTW, McGinley.....Whatever happened to that vinnie poster? You know the one I'm referring to.....The one claiming to be a Long-time Jets fan?

    How very...INTERESTING that this yt-poster appears out of nowhere and the vinnie-poster disappears.... Hmmmm.


  11. #111
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow passing 2011: 271 att/126 comp (46.5% comp), 107.4 ypg, 12 TDs/ 6 INTs.

    Tebow rushing 2011: 122 att for 660 yds, 6 TDs/6 fum/2 fuml.

    Tebow PPG: 2.9
    Prater PPG: 5.4

    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/12/1...eakout-season/

    Now get off my dick. Tebow isn't a good QB, mate. Stay rustled.


    edit: actually, another stat says Tim fumbled 13 times and lost it 6 times.
    Last edited by McGinley; 11-17-2012 at 10:57 PM.

  12. #112
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Demos has got swag, despite the fact I'd prefer he take his Tebow-worshipping and "swag" elsewhere.


    yt, sorry man but you lack the "Demos" swag.....



    BTW, McGinley.....Whatever happened to that vinnie poster? You know the one I'm referring to.....The one claiming to be a Long-time Jets fan?

    How very...INTERESTING that this yt-poster appears out of nowhere and the vinnie-poster disappears.... Hmmmm.
    Vinniekt? Yeah, I know who you're taking about, lol. He's like a Christian teacher or something who likes Tim as a role model. The way he posts, you'd think he was Tim's mom.

  13. #113
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    That's why JI is, IMO, the BEST Jets Messageboard / Forum on the Net, HANDS DOWN!
    Absolutely! This is the best Jets Messageboard. Even if you guys think Tebow blows, you still welcome Tebow fans and argue amiably enough with us. There's no Gestapo moderator like another lesser board has, banning posters simply because they post something positive about Tebow. Thank you! Thank you Soothsayer!

    Go Jets! Hey, somebody bring me a beer!

  14. #114
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Tebow passing 2011: 271 att/126 comp (46.5% comp), 107.4 ypg, 12 TDs/ 6 INTs.

    Tebow rushing 2011: 122 att for 660 yds, 6 TDs/6 fum/2 fuml.

    Tebow PPG: 2.9
    Prater PPG: 5.4

    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/12/1...eakout-season/

    Now get off my dick. Tebow isn't a good QB, mate. Stay rustled.
    You forgot he also played in the playoffs.

    FYI, kickers are usually the highest scores on most NFL teams. BTW, please tell me you didn't just look at the column under scoring where only rushing touchdowns count for a quarterback cause in that case...

    2012:

    Stephen Gostkowski - 10.3 PPG.
    Tom Brady - 1.3 PPG

    LOL. Your ignorance shows with flying colors.

    Also there's 2 other statistical categories you conveniently left out

    TD/Int ratio 2011
    Tebow 2.0 (top 5 NFL)
    Sanchez: 1.4 (average)

    Interception %
    Tebow: 2.2%(top 5 NFL)
    Sanchez 3.3% (bottom).

    Tebow was also #1 in the NFL in air yards efficiency in 2011.

    Also it's easy to point at a 49% completion percentage but it's taken out of context. The fact is you are talking about a guy averaging 19.4 attempts per game. Two extra completions per game gives Tebow a 56% completion percentage. Same as Sanchez last year. Also worth noting Denver was one of the leading teams in drops last year.

    What would you rather have: 2 fewer completions per game, a 2-1 TD/Int ratio, a 2.2% interception ratio or 12 extra interceptions? Sanchez had 18.

    Not even close. You can win plenty of games with 2 fewer completed passes. You will lose a lot more games with 12 extra interceptions.
    Last edited by ytfootballfan; 11-17-2012 at 10:30 PM.

  15. #115
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    You forgot he also played in the playoffs.

    FYI, kickers are usually the highest scores on most NFL teams. BTW, please tell me you didn't just look at the column under scoring where only rushing touchdowns count for a quarterback cause in that case...

    2012:

    Stephen Gostkowski - 10.3 PPG.
    Tom Brady - 1.3 PPG

    LOL. Your ignorance shows with flying colors.

    Also there's 2 other statistical categories you conveniently left out

    TD/Int ratio 2011
    Tebow 2.0 (top 5 NFL)
    Sanchez: 1.4 (average)

    Interception %
    Tebow: 2.2%(top 5 NFL)
    Sanchez 3.3% (bottom).

    Tebow was also #1 in the NFL in air yards efficiency in 2011.

    Also it's easy to point at a 49% completion percentage but it's taken out of context. The fact is you are talking about a guy averaging 19.4 attempts per game. Two extra completions per game gives Tebow a 56% completion percentage. Same as Sanchez last year.

    What would you rather have: 2 fewer completions per game, a 2-1 TD/Int ratio, a 2.2% interception ratio or 12 extra interceptions? Sanchez had 18.

    Not even close. You can win plenty of games with 2 fewer completed passes. You will lose a lot more games with 12 extra interceptions.
    So we're magically giving Tim more completions now? Lol, ok. Say what you will, the stats show that Tim is bad. Hell, this isn't even a Sanchez vs. Tebow argument, so why you're bringing him up is odd.

    If you want to stick to comparing him to Sanchez, fine. Let's just point this out: you're comparing your boy to one of the worst QBs in the league in order to make him look good/better. THINK ABOUT THAT.

    As much as you don't want to believe it, Tim just isn't a good QB. You're gonna have to come to grips with that.

    Sidenote: cute how you conveniently don't even mention Prater's game winners. Prater had more to do with Denver's success than Tim, lol.
    Last edited by McGinley; 11-17-2012 at 10:41 PM.

  16. #116
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,648
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must be able to stand in the pocket and take wallop if necessary a good part of the time in this league. QB's with greater skill sets like McNabb and Vick could only take their teams so far, Tebow will never ever win a SB with his current approach, ever.

  17. #117
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    More like :



  18. #118
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So we're magically giving Tim more completions now? Lol, ok. Say what you will, the stats show that Tim is bad. Hell, this isn't even a Sanchez vs. Tebow argument, so why you're bringing him up is odd.

    If you want to stick to comparing him to Sanchez, fine. Let's just point this out: you're comparing your boy to one of the worst QBs in the league in order to make him look good/better. THINK ABOUT THAT.

    As much as you don't want to believe it, Tim just isn't a good QB. You're gonna have to come to grips with that.

    Sidenote: cute how you conveniently don't even mention Prater's game winners. Prater had more to do with Denver's success than Tim, lol.
    I didn't magically add anything. I'm simply putting it into context which you should certainly do when using stats.

    Which stats show he is bad? 1? I showed you plenty of others that shows he isn't just good, but GREAT! You can ignore them all you want. I didn't. I simply presented plenty of other MORE IMPORTANT stats that carry more direct weight on winning and losing than 2 freaking completions a game.

    Top 5 in int%
    Top 5 in TD/Int ratio.
    Top 5 in rushing efficiency.
    #1 in air yardage efficient.
    Etc, etc.

    Bottom in completion %.

    So he's 2 completions short of a 55% completion percentage and that negates everything else? That 1 stat means he is bad? That's all there is to being an NFL quarterback? Interesting...how many other quarterbacks do you use this excellent logic on?

    Because if completion % is everything to you, certainly Mark is the worst quarterback in the NFL. If you want to accuse Tebow of being a conservative quarterback you can. If you want to say he is ultra conservative which leads to a low completion % you can. But that doesn't change the fact he was a very efficient scorer, very efficient in turnovers and a very efficient rusher.

    It's simply a different approach to the game, but it can be effective. Just boring. And rarely flashy in the passing department. Just look at Seattle and Wilson. It's basically the same approach. And both Tebow's team last year and Wilson's this year had no issue in beating the Jets. Would be nice if Sparano figured out how to do that too.

    PS: I also don't think there's any point in further discussing stats with you when you can't even do basic math or pay attention when reading tables. Tebow had 16 touchdowns last season in 11 games as a starter which by my math is 8.7PPG, not 2.9.
    Last edited by ytfootballfan; 11-17-2012 at 11:38 PM.

  19. #119
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    I didn't magically add anything. I'm simply putting it into context which you should certainly do when using stats.

    Which stats show he is bad? 1? I showed you plenty of others that shows he isn't just good, but GREAT! You can ignore them all you want. I didn't. I simply presented plenty of other MORE IMPORTANT stats that carry more direct weight on winning and losing than 2 freaking completions a game.

    Top 5 in int%
    Top 5 in TD/Int ratio.
    Top 5 in rushing efficiency.
    #1 in air yardage efficient.
    Etc, etc.

    Bottom in completion %.

    So he's 2 completions short of a 55% completion percentage and that negates everything else? That 1 stat means he is bad? That's all there is to being an NFL quarterback? Interesting...how many other quarterbacks do you use this excellent logic on?

    Because if completion % is everything to you, certainly Mark is the worst quarterback in the NFL.
    As long as we're adding completions to improve his completion percentage, let's add more INTs to skew his TD/INT ratio and INT% stats.

    And again, you're dragging Mark into this when I never even brought him up in the first place. What barring does Mark's stats have on this discussion? We're discussing TEBOW being bad, breh. Try to keep up.

  20. #120
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Tebow passing 2011: 271 att/126 comp (46.5% comp), 107.4 ypg, 12 TDs/ 6 INTs.

    Tebow rushing 2011: 122 att for 660 yds, 6 TDs/6 fum/2 fuml.

    Tebow PPG: 2.9
    Prater PPG: 5.4

    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/12/1...eakout-season/

    Now get off my dick. Tebow isn't a good QB, mate. Stay rustled.


    edit: actually, another stat says Tim fumbled 13 times and lost it 6 times.
    Pts per game isn't really a good barometer as the QB doesn't get the points for passing TDs. For example, last year, Aaron Rodgers accounted for 1.2 ppg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us