Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gronk's 1st TD

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Gronk's 1st TD

We lost should've won etc etc. The life of a Jet fan. That being said how is Gronk's 1st td not reviewed? Looking at it that ball looked like it hit the ground. The game is over we move on but was wondering if anyone knows if the refs or NFL have said anything.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    We lost should've won etc etc. The life of a Jet fan. That being said how is Gronk's 1st td not reviewed? Looking at it that ball looked like it hit the ground. The game is over we move on but was wondering if anyone knows if the refs or NFL have said anything.
    All scoring plays are reviewed, including that one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    All scoring plays are reviewed automatically.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ball did hit the ground, but it looked like he had complete control of it. have to credit to the other team on that one - great throw and catch.. Landry had really good position and there wasnt anything he could do

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I said that in the Hampur thread right after it happened. Bull****

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    ball did hit the ground, but it looked like he had complete control of it. have to credit to the other team on that one - great throw and catch.. Landry had really good position and there wasnt anything he could do
    The fact the ball did hit the ground it should've went to a booth review. Probably don't overrule it but a closer look would've made me alot happier. Life goes on but did upset me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if they review it there is 0 chance the change that call on the Pats, 0 chance catch or not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a great throw and although the point of the ball barely touches the ground, I thought TD. Hated it, but don't dispute that one.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    All scoring plays are reviewed automatically.
    Kraft reviewed it, said it looked OK.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Kraft reviewed it, said it looked OK.
    LOLz.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. I thought that td should have been looked into a bit longer. Def looked like the ball touched the ground when Gronk went down. BS!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ball did hit the ground, but that has no effect on the play as long as the ball was still in both his hands. If the ball would have rotated or slid or something then maybe there could be a cause for a beef. You don't have to have your hands so far underneath to not have the ball touch the ground, just that you have to maintain control of the ball once it touches.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a clear TD.

The incompetent pat loving refs made enough blatantly bad calls favoring their Patriots...but this wasn't one of them

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calvin Johnson's no TD a couple of years ago was more in control of the ball than Gronk's yesterday. It's how the rule is interpreted by the referee.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    And this is why the Jets lose. The Pats players made some out of the ordinary plays. Gronk's diving TD catch from a pressured Brady. A great play by both of them was needed for the TD to occur, and they delivered. Ninkovich's strip sack of Sanchez to end the game was another play where a player did something more than simply what is expected to alter the outcome of the game.

Where the Jets "plays"? Which player, other than possibly Folk, delivered a play that was beyond ordinary? Sadly, if they actually successfully executed all the ordinary plays, rather than screwing up a few, the Jets would have won anyway. The screw ups on ordinary plays include Sanchez's inability to throw the ball away when under pressure (which is odd when compared to he proclivity for throwing wildly into the defense while he is being tackled in order to avoid a sack), Sanchez failure to target the correct receiver on a few plays, players simply catching balls that hit them in the hands (Hill and Cromartie), and not calling for a fair catch inside the 10 yard line (Mr. Kerley -- as I am sure your coaches have told you a number of time, stand on the 10, if you have to backpedal for the ball, let it go because the odds are that it will result in a touchback).

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The rule of a reception is that as long as the receiver maintains possession through the process of going to the ground, the ball can hit the ground and be ruled a reception. It is clear that Gronk maintains control through the catch. That is why there was no reason to review it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    The rule of a reception is that as long as the receiver maintains possession through the process of going to the ground, the ball can hit the ground and be ruled a reception. It is clear that Gronk maintains control through the catch. That is why there was no reason to review it.
    the reason is that all scoring plays get reviewed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the reason is that all scoring plays get reviewed.
    No reason for a BOOTH review. They did review it upstairs and saw it was an obvious TD which didn't need a review. Gronk maintained control of the ball all the way through the catch. It is irrelevant that it hit the ground.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    No reason for a BOOTH review. They did review it upstairs and saw it was an obvious TD which didn't need a review. Gronk maintained control of the ball all the way through the catch. It is irrelevant that it hit the ground.
    I know. still reviewed.

I think the complaint is that it appeared no effort was made to review it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know. still reviewed.

I think the complaint is that it appeared no effort was made to review it.
    Only to people who don't know that all scoring plays are reviewed.