Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Facemask call on the Punt

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    You are obviously not aware of the following NFL rules

1) it is a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for hurling your challenge flag on a play automatically reviewed....unless you are Belichick

2) you are banned for life from the NFL when caught cheating for 8 years after receiving a written warning to desist....unless you are Belichick

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    not really auto, don't listen to the talking heads.

Coach's challenge

A coaches challenge baggy is a cloth bag that is thrown on the field of play.

A head coach can challenge any call on the field of play, even fumbles. The coach throws the challenge flag onto the field of play to challenge a fumble. Each team's head coach during a game is allowed to challenge two plays during regulation, and one more is added in the event of overtime. However, if a team has no timeouts remaining, they are not able to challenge a call on the field. If a challenge occurs and the coach is correct, the play is overturned; but the challenge is upheld, the team loses a timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    6 calls I counted
    1 the face mask the sack that ended the play (the brady rule a defensive player can not tackle the qb below the knees)
    2 the face mask one
    3 the fumble and the challenge by Bellicheat that is a 15 yarder for trying to challenge a play that was going to be reviewed
    3 tripping on jones then a phantom hold on moore
    4 the hit by spike leading with his helmet on a defenseless receiver
    5 spikes again for continuing to rough up the rb after the whistle
    6 the PI against the Wilson when the ref 4 yrds away did not call it

this game stinks to high heaven of cheating and the NFL needs to release a statement on the poor officiating on this I tweeted the nfl commish and wrote the JETs. I encourage everyone else here to do the same.
    6 calls 3 which lead to scores one ended the game call 4 of the 6 and that is 60 yards in penalties alone
    If I performed my job in the same manner I would be fired
    I agree with all except I dont know for sure but I think the play was legal that ended the game. As far as I understood you are allowed to tackle a QB below the knees, so long as you are not doing it from when you are already on the ground to make the tackle. The defender reached Sanchez's feet on his first dive. If he landed a foot short of his feet, and then tackled him from the ground, that would be a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    I agree with all except I dont know for sure but I think the play was legal that ended the game. As far as I understood you are allowed to tackle a QB below the knees, so long as you are not doing it from when you are already on the ground to make the tackle. The defender reached Sanchez's feet on his first dive. If he landed a foot short of his feet, and then tackled him from the ground, that would be a penalty.
    You can't hit a qb below the knee- not tackle him. You can grab a qb's foot/ankle/calf and yank him down. You just can't hit him with your body below the knee.

I watched the face mask play several times after the game. The penalty occurred immediately after the ball left the kickers foot. If it was reviewable, I could see being upset because it is pretty clear in slo-mo. But during a game, at actual speed, I can understand a ref believing it occurred during the kick. I'll check it out again tonight if I get a chance, but I think that there were more egregious errors made by the officials.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    6 calls I counted
    1 the face mask the sack that ended the play (the brady rule a defensive player can not tackle the qb below the knees)
    2 the face mask one
    3 the fumble and the challenge by Bellicheat that is a 15 yarder for trying to challenge a play that was going to be reviewed
    3 tripping on jones then a phantom hold on moore
    4 the hit by spike leading with his helmet on a defenseless receiver
    5 spikes again for continuing to rough up the rb after the whistle
    6 the PI against the Wilson when the ref 4 yrds away did not call it

this game stinks to high heaven of cheating and the NFL needs to release a statement on the poor officiating on this I tweeted the nfl commish and wrote the JETs. I encourage everyone else here to do the same.
    6 calls 3 which lead to scores one ended the game call 4 of the 6 and that is 60 yards in penalties alone
    If I performed my job in the same manner I would be fired

I agree it is a disgrace and if it continues I will stop watching football. Because if there are two sets of rules for certain teams and players etc. it is tantamount to fixing games!!!

If just three of those "calls" were made in thier typical fashion the Jets win!!

It is a disgrace!