Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Give me a realistic plan to replace Sanchez

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Actually, all I want is to stop being bombarded with emotional fire Sanchez takeovers of every thread and challange those posters to come up with a reasonable plan to do so. So far at least, they can't.

Does the cost of a QB coach matter? I don't think it hits the cap and Woody has more money than god, just on his profits from the team. How about the guy who runs that QB camp we heard a lot about during the off season? Sorry I can't remember his name, I'll try and find it on Google.
    His name is Mike McCarthy and he is the HC of the Green Bay Packers. His QB coach was Tom Clements who is now his offensive coordinator. He won't take a demotion let alone a lateral move to work with a QB who has sh*t for brains.

Not that I put much stock in postgame live but if the story is true it's pretty interesting. Did they say why? At the end of the day anyone can be bought.
    No they didn't but I found it interesting as well. It was news to me since apparently they were indeed trying(really trying) to get rid of Cavanaugh but seems like no one wanted the job.

Sounds to me like many of the "candidates" probably didn't think that highly of the Jets, their Coaching staff, or even THE OWNER Woody. We'll never really know their reasons....

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Adam Schein said on Postgame Live that the Jets tried to hire 3 other QB coaches, but it didn't work out so they kept Cavanaugh.
    "it didn't work out"

What does that mean exactly?

Does that mean they didn't want to hire them because they weren't any better than Cavanaugh or maybe it's because they told them that they weren't YES-men and would treat Mark like a Man, not a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    There was a good 4-5 year period where Pennington was widely regarded as the most cerebral and best playaction QB this side of Peyton Manning.

Seriously, how short sighted are some of you guys?

In '02, you had the likes of John Madden and Bill Romanowski heralding Pennington as the closest thing to Joe Montana since Joe Montana for f*ck sake.

Yet Pennington gets tossed under the rug in the eyes of Jets fans in favor of a QB who struggles to complete 50% of his passes and makes stupid rookie mistakes at an alarming rate? Oh, but he was our starting QB on two stacked teams that came up just short. LOL

See...There's the Sanchez Apologists these days. Back then, there were a group known as the Penny Apologists. Penny had the brains, but lacked the arm.

Mark has the arm but lacks the brains.

If we combined the two and put Penny's Brain in Mark's head, we'd have our Franchise QB but alas, that only happens in Cheat mode.

Matt Cavanaugh has never developed a qb

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Do you honestly believe it's Matt Cavanaugh's fault that Sanchez is not performing consistently?

Look at what he did w/ the Ravens... Nothing! I say get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    "it didn't work out"

What does that mean exactly?

Does that mean they didn't want to hire them because they weren't any better than Cavanaugh or maybe it's because they told them that they weren't YES-men and would treat Mark like a Man, not a kid?

See...There's the Sanchez Apologists these days. Back then, there were a group known as the Penny Apologists. Penny had the brains, but lacked the arm.

Mark has the arm but lacks the brains.

If we combined the two and put Penny's Brain in Mark's head, we'd have our Franchise QB but alas, that only happens in Cheat mode.
    This is the Jets. We would wind up with Penny's arm and Marks brain.

Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    This is the Jets. We would wind up with Penny's arm and Marks brain.
    LOL!

Tired of repeating this in all the negative threads so here goes.

Hypothisis: Most here, except the really hard core haters, admit Sanchez plays great and horrible and that's his weakness. I say, the probability of success in cultivating the good and minimizing the bad has the best chance of success over our other options such as:

1) Replace him with Tebow or McElroy: Do you really think the coaching staff hasn't been evaluating these two and determined they weren't a better option? Do you know more than the people who work with the 3 every day do?

2) Get another QB: Where? Who can we buy?

3) Draft a QB: How? We won't get near a contender with our probable record this year. And do you think every drafted QB will work out like RG some of the other successes? How long are you willing to wait, without going into the same "he sucks" rant, before he is successful?

If you admit he has flashes of brilliance, but makes stupid mistakes and has outright horrible play at times, can you admit that maybe the QB coaching has not been effective over the last few years? Maybe that's where we need the change.

I don't have the answer, but I do know it's a hell of a lot cheaper and faster to rescue a faltering employee than it is to keep starting over and over.

How about a thread where people lay out feasible options instead of just commenting he sucks? Might be a refreshing change.
    Sign and Start Kliff Kingsbury, there's the Jets answer at quarterback

cute:

Kliff Kingsbury

Playing stats at NFL.com
    Klifford Kingsbury (born August 9, 1979) is an American football coach and former quarterback in the NFL and NFL Europe, having won a Super Bowl with the New England Patriots in a back-up role, and played for the New York Jets. He is currently the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Texas A&M University, a position he assumed in January 2012 after getting his start in coaching at the University of Houston. Kliff Kingsbury's was named the Offensive Coordinator of the year in College Football after directing the Houston Cougar offense to a record breaking offensive season in 2010. Prior to coaching, Kingsbury, who earned his college degree in Business was pursuing a career in Real Estate until Coach Dana Holgerson, Kingsbury's offensive coordinator at Texas Tech, called and asked Kingsbury to try coaching. In 2008, Kingsbury accepted an entry level coaching position at Houston where he helped implement a new variation of the "Air Raid" offense that was adapted from what Kingsbury learned while a quarterback at Texas Tech under head coach Mike Leach.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    No they didn't but I found it interesting as well. It was news to me since apparently they were indeed trying(really trying) to get rid of Cavanaugh but seems like no one wanted the job.

Sounds to me like many of the "candidates" probably didn't think that highly of the Jets, their Coaching staff, or even THE OWNER Woody. We'll never really know their reasons....
    I bet they love Sanchez, see him as the next Brees, but don't like the personalities of the Jets coaching, in fact none of the 3 or so candidates like Rex, who isn't likable or anything.

Or why for once can't it be the obvious reason, just maybe our qb is not very highly thought of in league circles and no one wanted to risk putting their career on the line for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Realistically? He is here through 2013 b.c of our Accountant that is masquerading as a GM. Which is why Tanny needs to go.

Jets Insider VIP

Hypothisis: Most here, except the really hard core haters, admit Sanchez plays great and horrible and that's his weakness. I say, the probability of success in cultivating the good and minimizing the bad has the best chance of success over our other options such as:

1) Replace him with Tebow or McElroy: Do you really think the coaching staff hasn't been evaluating these two and determined they weren't a better option? Do you know more than the people who work with the 3 every day do?

3) Draft a QB: How? We won't get near a contender with our probable record this year. And do you think every drafted QB will work out like RG some of the other successes? How long are you willing to wait, without going into the same "he sucks" rant, before he is successful?

If you admit he has flashes of brilliance, but makes stupid mistakes and has outright horrible play at times, can you admit that maybe the QB coaching has not been effective over the last few years? Maybe that's where we need the change.

I don't have the answer, but I do know it's a hell of a lot cheaper and faster to rescue a faltering employee than it is to keep starting over and over.

How about a thread where people lay out feasible options instead of just commenting he sucks? Might be a refreshing change.
    If they're going to leave Sanchez in the rest of the year (and I'm sure they are) for the love of God replace the QB coach NOW!

We lost this game because of conservative play calling and the Stephen Hill drop after we recovered that fumble with 2:01 left in the game. Should have gone for the jugular. I thought Sanchez played very well but I guess the bottom line is that they still just don't trust him in that situation.

Tebow or McElroy would have more wins than Sanchez this year. Rex and everyone in the building know it, they just don't have the balls to make the move.

Jets dont need someone to be great, they just need someone to not be horrible.

Jets don't want a QB controversy, they get enough bad press.

Idealistically:

1) Cut Sanchez, Holmes, Scott, Pace, Tebow, Wilson.
    2) The following are untouchable: Mangold, Cromartie, Revis, Hill
    3) Fire Tannenbaum
    4) Hire Kevin Abrams from the Giants as GM. Let him get his own head coach, preferably one who doesn't break out in hives when you bring up offense.
    5) Let Abrams see what he can do. Grant him a 2-3 year window. Allow honest rebuilding. He should be granted entirely free reign and nothing outside of a monthly meeting with Woody as the only communication between the owner and the team.

Realistically:

The sooner the Sanchez era ends, the quicker the Tebow Error begins. The quicker that ends, the quicker the owner is appeased, the larger the chances for an actual rebuild instead of trying to win titles with duct tape and crazy glue seemingly every single year.

Now Tebow??? the guy cant throw...NUFF SAID!

But history shows he does step up in crunch time.