Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: Give me a realistic plan to replace Sanchez

  1. #1

    Give me a realistic plan to replace Sanchez

    Tired of repeating this in all the negative threads so here goes.

    Hypothisis: Most here, except the really hard core haters, admit Sanchez plays great and horrible and that's his weakness. I say, the probability of success in cultivating the good and minimizing the bad has the best chance of success over our other options such as:

    1) Replace him with Tebow or McElroy: Do you really think the coaching staff hasn't been evaluating these two and determined they weren't a better option? Do you know more than the people who work with the 3 every day do?

    2) Get another QB: Where? Who can we buy?

    3) Draft a QB: How? We won't get near a contender with our probable record this year. And do you think every drafted QB will work out like RG some of the other successes? How long are you willing to wait, without going into the same "he sucks" rant, before he is successful?

    If you admit he has flashes of brilliance, but makes stupid mistakes and has outright horrible play at times, can you admit that maybe the QB coaching has not been effective over the last few years? Maybe that's where we need the change.

    I don't have the answer, but I do know it's a hell of a lot cheaper and faster to rescue a faltering employee than it is to keep starting over and over.

    How about a thread where people lay out feasible options instead of just commenting he sucks? Might be a refreshing change.

  2. #2
    Philip Rivers, Tony Romo???

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Philip Rivers, Tony Romo???
    Are they available? Can we afford them under the cap?

  4. #4
    Get the sense rivers will be available after this year....That said, do people really want him? His behavior on the field makes holmes look like a leader.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,570
    You can keep Rivers and Romo who have acclomplished less with more playmakers around them.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Philip Rivers, Tony Romo???
    Rivers is an interesting, if not unrealistic, idea. We'd have to offer something huge. Biggest question with him is - his play since 2011, indicative of the player he is now or just a bad stretch while playing for the worst coach in football in a horrible organization? Hard to say. No way Chargers move him though.

  7. #7
    Yikes at the thought of Rivers and Rex together.

  8. #8
    without starting from scratch with a FA QB or a Rookie, the only thing to do is replace the QB coach with a PROVEN COACH! Sanchez flashes A LOT but for every BIGTIME throw, he gives you about 3 'WTF???!!!" moments a game.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    You can keep Rivers and Romo who have acclomplished less with more playmakers around them.
    I would take both over Sanchez - but not at a ridiculous price.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Call John Elway, tell him to gas up the private jet again and we'll swap Tebow for Peyton. Even money with both of them being merchandising magnets. (-;

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,582
    Sanchez is here and starting until 2014. Case Closed. Too much money invested in him until then to cut ties thanks to Tanny's extension. At that time I think we should draft a QB if there is a can't miss prospect and/or bring in a stop gap type of vet.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Sanchez is here and starting until 2014. Case Closed. Too much money invested in him until then to cut ties thanks to Tanny's extension. At that time I think we should draft a QB if there is a can't miss prospect and/or bring in a stop gap type of vet.
    This is the problem... Who? How? Once faced with these questions everyone seems pretty quiet.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,582
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchtime View Post
    without starting from scratch with a FA QB or a Rookie, the only thing to do is replace the QB coach with a PROVEN COACH! Sanchez flashes A LOT but for every BIGTIME throw, he gives you about 3 'WTF???!!!" moments a game.
    If you wanna keep Sanchez then yes this!!! IDK what's the deal with the blind loyalty to Mark Cavanaugh. Dude has done Jacksh*t. Not even a proven track record of developing QB's.

  14. #14
    The Jets should be bringing someone in to be a guru for Sanchez, someone with a proven history of grooming successful QB's.

    Only the Jets would spend $50-$60 million on a "franchise QB" and bring in a career backup QB with an unsuccessful track record of coaching young QB's to be his freaking mentor AND KEEP HIM FOR 4 GD YEARS!!!

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,582
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    This is the problem... Who? How? Once faced with these questions everyone seems pretty quiet.
    Who knows what shakes up in College or in FA in 2 years. I think your question is suggesting there is some way to cut ties with Sanchez sooner rather than later. Unfortunately there isn't a way. We're stuck with Mark for the foreseeable future.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    The Jets should be bringing someone in to be a guru for Sanchez, someone with a proven history of grooming successful QB's.

    Only the Jets would spend $50-$60 million on a "franchise QB" and bring in a career backup QB with an unsuccessful track record of coaching young QB's to be his freaking mentor AND KEEP HIM FOR 4 GD YEARS!!!
    TANNENGENIUS!!!!!! and MASTER REX!!!

  17. #17
    With his guaranteed $ situation, he's here at least through next year (assuming nobody wants to take him off our hands, which probably isn't a reasonable thought). So if you want to talk about replacements, consider what QB's may be free agents after the 2013 season and what QB's may be coming out of school then.

  18. #18
    What QB Coach in the NFL would you want??? Who is available and what would it cost to bring a REAL QB coach here??? These are the questions IMO.

  19. #19
    Tebow or McElroy would have more wins than Sanchez this year. Rex and everyone in the building know it, they just don't have the balls to make the move.

    Jets dont need someone to be great, they just need someone to not be horrible.

  20. #20
    probably will have to acquire one through the draft, unless you take a flier on a Matt Flynn type and it works out, it is very hard to get decent quarterbacks (or any other NFL player really) through a mechanism other than the draft.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us