Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We've got to win next week but...

We've got to win next week but...

If we do, would people be happy with 4-4 (3-1)? I would. And I probably would've signed up for it before the season.

Look, after the bye we've got:

@SEA (tough, but coming off a bye makes it much easier)
    @STL (Schotty...nuff said)
    Pats
    Arizona
    @Jax
    @Ten
    SD (in december at home against a team that'll probably have checked out for the year)
    @Buf

All 8 games are VERY winnable, especially the last 4. While I obviously hope for 8-0, I really don't think 6-2 is an unreasonable expectation.

10-6 will be more than enough to win the wildcard this year, maybe even challenge for the division.

One last thing: Pats have @Jets @Mia SF Hou all in a row. 1-3 is very possible in that stretch (which would put them at 6 losses)

Quote Originally Posted by leonwashington2 View Post
    If we do, would people be happy with 4-4 (3-1)? I would. And I probably would've signed up for it before the season.

Pats
    Arizona
    @Jax
    @Ten
    SD (in december at home against a team that'll probably have checked out for the year)
    @Buf

All 8 games are VERY winnable, especially the last 4. While I obviously hope for 8-0, I really don't think 6-2 is an unreasonable expectation.

10-6 will be more than enough to win the wildcard this year, maybe even challenge for the division.

One last thing: Pats have @Jets @Mia SF Hou all in a row. 1-3 is very possible in that stretch (which would put them at 6 losses)
    6-2? The team has lost 3 of 4. Beat Miami because of missed FGs. Flashes of being solid but can't put it all together. Any road game should probably be penciled as a loss at this point. This team just does not do enough things well to count any opponent as an automatic win.

We're going to shlt the bed next week.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    6-2? The team has lost 3 of 4. Beat Miami because of missed FGs. Flashes of being solid but can't put it all together. Any road game should probably be penciled as a loss at this point. This team just does not do enough things well to count any opponent as an automatic win.
    And 3 of those losses were against SF, Houston, and now New England.

Do you think before you post?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And 3 of those losses were against SF, Houston, and now New England.

Do you think before you post?
    I would ask the same of you but it would probably be rhetorical. Why do you think this team is great? The fact that you still blindly support and promote Sanchez alone shows me you have no knowledge about football. You're a blind homer. That's just who you are. I call it like I see it. And the Jets are not a good football team.

At this point the next game is all that needs to be talked about. It is do or die if the jets want any chance at the division. No need to look ahead past that

Veteran
    If the Jets can win this coming week, they'll be in good shape. The last 7 games of the schedule are all winnable. Realistically, there's almost no shot they win in Seattle, but I like their chances in every other game.

Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    If the Jets can win this coming week, they'll be in good shape. The last 7 games of the schedule are all winnable. Realistically, there's almost no shot they win in Seattle, but I like their chances in every other game.
    what makes you think they can't win in seattle? especially coming off a bye?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by njherdfan View Post
    While, if asked right now, I wouldn't predict a Jets win, I don't see them as having "almost no shot" to beat the Seahawks. What makes you believe this?

Can't start counting wins before we play the games, especially with a team that's average at best.

But if we get to 4-4, the schedule is manageable. The only top 10 team we play is the Pats at home. The rest of the teams are average or poor. With the AFC extremely mediocre this year, we can hope to sneak into the playoffs, especially with a win next week. Not gonna put money on it, but there's a chance.

Not too long ago, in 2009 we started 4-6 and got in to the playoffs, and to the AFC Championship game, at 9-7. I don't think this team is nearly as good as that one, but anything can happen.

All League
    what makes you think they can't win in seattle? especially coming off a bye?
    My thoughts exactly. They may very well lose - but "almost no shot" seems a little premature at this point.
    Last edited by simijet; 10-21-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Can't start counting wins before we play the games, especially with a team that's average at best.

But if we get to 4-4, the schedule is manageable. The only top 10 team we play is the Pats at home. The rest of the teams are average or poor. With the AFC extremely mediocre this year, we can hope to sneak into the playoffs, especially with a win next week. Not gonna put money on it, but there's a chance.

Not too long ago, in 2009 we started 4-6 and got in to the playoffs, and to the AFC Championship game, at 9-7. I don't think this team is nearly as good as that one, but anything can happen.
    this is simply my point. the afc is beyond down this year and we have an easy schedule on the back half. today (against the best offense well see for the rest of the YEAR) the d looked like it figured things out. the sky isn't falling people. not yet at least

I could see us being tied with the Pats at 10-6 an it coming down to AFC record as the tiebreaker.

I would ask the same of you but it would probably be rhetorical. Why do you think this team is great? The fact that you still blindly support and promote Sanchez alone shows me you have no knowledge about football. You're a blind homer. That's just who you are. I call it like I see it. And the Jets are not a good football team.
    When did I ever say the team was great?

Fans like you, there is no middle ground, it doesn't always have to be one side of the spectrum.

The Jets are not as bad as you are trying to make them out to be. They played a Texan team that blew the Ravens out of the stadium team a lot tougher than Ravens did. They beat a Colts team coming off of a win over the Packers. Spin it all you want, the Jets should have won the game today, they had it, on the road in hostile territory.

I never said the team was great, I've said that despite all of their injuries, they are still a team that is competitive and playing well enough to win against good teams and at least in the last couple of weeks, they seem to have recovered from a rough start.

There is a lot to build on today's game, the season is far from over.

Sanchez played well, his stats prove this, the fact that the Jets had a chance to win the game at the end proves this. That 92 yard TD to bring the game back to 23-20 was huge, and that was all Sanchez.

Sanchez has been playing all year with very young and inexperienced players around him, or players who are hurt and aren't even on the damn field.

You are a blind Sanchez hater, and I'm calling it how I see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    With Keller on the field, Mark seems to be less sucky so perhaps we can eke out a win next week without the CRAPPY-NESS of the last meeting between the two teams.

Pats
    Arizona
    @Jax
    @Ten
    @Buf

The schedule does look easy, but as others as pointed out, there are no sure wins. I do think the AFC is so weak, 9-7 should get a WC spot. I think division title is very unlikely now....Pats play the same teams the Jets do.

If they don't win next week...

season over....

Going to the break at 3-5 and they are toast.

They would need to go 7-1 or at worst 6-2 to make the playoffs.

W/ the afc down this year 9-7 probably gets in, but I don't think the Jets can go 6-2.

Not consistant enough at all... I can't pencil in guaranteed wins w/ this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Similar to 2010. Rough loss in New England the week prior, Miami comes in to Metlife and shocks the Jets. Sounds about right

even if we had won today, the Miami game would've been a must win.

gotta rebound from this tough loss and go into the bye with some positive momentum.

Totally agree. The Jets are NOT a good football team.

Evidence to support that statement is the FACT that they have not beat a team with a WINNING record in over 1 1/2 YEARS.

It pains me to say it, but its the truth.

Now, lets please Draft a QB next year and keep drafting them until we hit one, they don't bust the cap. Sanchez does not pass the "sight test" of what a Franchise QB is; neither did Ken O'Brien and he was 10x the QB Sanchez is...sad. But lets not wait on Sanchez for 10 years.