Thread: Cut Chaz Schilens, like yesterday! A total waste of space.

Veteran

Cut Chaz Schilens! Schilens= Matthew Hatchette

Schilens is complete and utter garbage. He had no business making the final roster. The only reason he is even in the league is because he must be tight with Sanjay Lal, the Jets WR coach that brought Schilens with him from Oakland. Nothing good happens when they target him. He either fails to get separation, drops the ball, or stops his route. I don't even think he plays special teams. If he does, he never makes a play. I don't recall ever seeing Schilens even throw a quality block. Help me out, you "all-22" video guys. Does he contribute in any way at all? The Jets would have been better keeping Patrick Turner or anyone else. Schilens is friggin' Matthew Hatchette all over again...
    Last edited by RoadFan; 10-22-2012 at 12:26 AM.

RoadFan, I agree 100000%!

I mean.....all I heard is "Chaz can be very good so long as he stays healthy."

Well....he's stayed healthy but has done NOTHING for us. He really is a total waste of space. I bet even the departed Patrick Turner could outplay him at this point.

People keep killing the slant to him in the RZ, but the ball was there and Shilens just plain old short-armed it. I could see killing the call because Shilens was the intended receiver to begin with, but it was executed well and the throw was on target.

Chaz is a Good Backup. Draft another wr in april and have him as a backup. thats it. the guy SHOULDNT be starting but hes all we got.

All League
    Schilens can be effective as a 3rd or 4th receiver. But to think you can count on him as a regular contributor:

Veteran
    I can almost guarantee if the Jets were on Hard Knocks, we would have seen an angry Mike Westhoff expressing his opinion that Schilens does not belong on the roster. Totally worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Schilens is complete and utter garbage. He had no business making the final roster. The only reason he is even in the league is because he must be tight with Sanjay Lal, the Jets WR coach that brought Schilens with him from Oakland. Nothing good happens when they target him. He either fails to get separation, drops the ball, or stops his route. I don't even think he plays special teams. If he does, he never makes a play. I don't recall ever seeing Schilens even throw a quality block. Help me out, you "all-22" video guys. Does he contribute in any way at all? The Jets would have been better keeping Patrick Turner or anyone else. Schilens is friggin' Matthew Hatchette all over again...
    At least Plaxico was money in the redzone, despite being useless between the 20's. This guy hasn't panned out and based on his on-field play is a lazy good-for-nothing.

Jets Insider VIP
    I really don't understand why Chaz tries to catch slant throws with his elbows rather than his hands. That's the worst way to try to catch those kind of throws.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I can almost guarantee if the Jets were on Hard Knocks, we would have seen an angry Mike Westhoff expressing his opinion that Schilens does not belong on the roster. Totally worthless.
    He'd probably say :

"Chaz Schilens? FUK HIM!"

'Chaz" is a cool name though...

Plus you can give him a good nick name.

Chillen like a villan Schillens....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I really don't understand why Chaz tries to catch slant throws with his elbows rather than his hands. That's the worst way to try to catch those kind of throws.
    It's alligator arms short and simple.....