Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, Does Rex Ryan still own the Patriots?

So, Does Rex Ryan still own the Patriots?

Or is it safe to say yet that even with that sparkling 3-5 record against them, that he's about as good against them as Herman Edwards or Eric Mangini were?

All League
    Who was saying that? Even Rex doesn't say that.

Don't you get the feeling that if Rex is still coaching here 2-3 years from now, we're still going to be talking about that 2010 playoff victory over the Pats? The Thanksgiving game is going to be huge for Rex in many ways...you cannot get swept by this team back to back years.

You know who the last Jets coach was that swept the Pats in a season.....Al Groh!

All Pro
    So you mean to tell me he "owned" them at ANY point in time?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Don't you get the feeling that if Rex is still coaching here 2-3 years from now, we're still going to be talking about that 2010 playoff victory over the Pats? The Thanksgiving game is going to be huge for Rex in many ways...you cannot get swept by this team back to back years.
    Thank you, you got the point to the exact tee!!!! How long is Rex going to be able to live off of that one win? In some people's minds, probably forever. After that game it was, ah, see Rex is 3-2 against the Patriots, he can beat them, blah blah blah (nevermind that New England lost that game by 7, and had they gotten one more offensive possesion, it would've ended the same as today's game, but give credit to the fact that the Jets did win the game). He's now 3-5 against them, and staring down 3-6, so I guess maybe we better lower our standards for what exactly constitutes being good against another team.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    So you mean to tell me he "owned" them at ANY point in time?
    That's the point. But if you checked JI Circa January 2011, you'd think they did own them.

No one owns the patriots.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Thank you, you got the point to the exact tee!!!! How long is Rex going to be able to live off of that one win? In some people's minds, probably forever. After that game it was, ah, see Rex is 3-2 against the Patriots, he can beat them, blah blah blah (nevermind that New England lost that game by 7, and had they gotten one more offensive possesion, it would've ended the same as today's game, but give credit to the fact that the Jets did win the game). He's now 3-5 against them, and staring down 3-6, so I guess maybe we better lower our standards for what exactly constitutes being good against another team.
    Why not staring down 4-5?

Still not sure who says we own the pats.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Robert Kraft?

Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Robert Kraft?
    Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Why not staring down 4-5?
    Take a guess

All League
    Take a guess
    No, tell me.

No, tell me.
    Stay tuned to that game, and then you'll see for yourself I guess.

All League
    So, after the end of the next jets /pats game, I'll know what our record against them will be? Got it.

So, after the end of the next jets /pats game, I'll know what our record against them will be? Got it.
    Possibly

The league owns the Patriots, that's why they get all the damn calls...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The league owns the Patriots, that's why they get all the damn calls...
    Maybe, but it ain't gonna change any time soon, is it? I agree, they get more questionable calls than anybody, but ya can't fight city hall, so everybody has to deal with it. Mangini and Herman Edwards had to deal with it, so Rex Ryan has to also, and try to overcome it. So far he's 3-5 and counting.

And you did!!!!

But, the Jets did have that big win against them two years ago where they won by 7 points by the skin of their teeth so isssalll good!!!!!!!

Just realized we're actually pretty shltty in division games under the Rex era.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    The New York Football Giants maybe.....