Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Did anyone watch the same game I did?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone watch the same game I did?

I see alot of you bashing Sanchez he balled out in the second half he made some bad choices in the first half but to say hes the reason we lost is ridiclous. Hes with the right talent around him we will be fine. Get rid of Holmes,Chaz,Slauson get a real running back and another young deep threat reciver and we'll be ready to roll on offense. Although im not ready to give up on this year we're still very much in it. Its way too early to be calling the season over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I see alot of you bashing Sanchez he balled out in the second half he made some bad choices in the first half but to say hes the reason we lost is ridiclous. Hes with the right talent around him we will be fine. Get rid of Holmes,Chaz,Slauson get a real running back and another young deep threat reciver and we'll be ready to roll on offense. Although im not ready to give up on this year we're still very much in it. Its way too early to be calling the season over.
    You are correct but Sanchez (and I have supported him) made crucial mistakes at key moments in that game. Of course the talent around him besides Kerley is suspect but sanchez played an up and down game and we lost.

And that is the way it is....

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You are correct but Sanchez (and I have supported him) made crucial mistakes at key moments in that game. Of course the talent around him besides Kerley is suspect but sanchez played an up and down game and we lost.

And that is the way it is....
    The only 2 plays that stuck to me as Sanchez's fault was the INT Greene was all alone for the checkdown instead he takes a shot and the last play other then that lot of dropped passes running game not looking great etc

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is not consistent enough with decision-making nor execution to elevate the players around him. He most certainly does not have a highly talented bunch, but the problems of success start with him.

Yes, with a betters cast he can almost certainly carve out an Alex Smith type of career - where after a long time being mediocre the system clicks for him and he plays to a higher level. But it took Smith - what 8 years? It may take Sanchez the same amount of time.

There is nothing he's done this year that makes me think he's going to take a big step forward.

I think the Jets should draft a playmaker BPA in the 1st round next year and then spend a 2nd on a sturdy QB choice. This year may be a good one for QB depth, at the draft.

Best case is that with some more talent and seasoning Sanchez does take a step forward, and we have a capable backup on the job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The numbers are very misleading. Like I have said numerous to
    Ed tonight, he made about 7 good throws, everything else was off target. Most of his completions were not accurate, and The receivers had to make adjustments to make the arch when they should have been getting YAC.

F-him. He blew the game with his dumb turnovers and taking sacks. He screwed up a damn handoff that cost us a safety for crying out loud. Don't say it was Greene, watch the replay, Sanchez put the ball on his left shoulder pad. How the f*ck does that happen???? The guy invents ways to lose games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And then in the PC he says that it was a wide play, implying that it was Greens fault. Guess what, Mark. It's YOUR job to HAND-OFF the ball to the running back. That botched hand-off is on YOU, Mark.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    And then in the PC he says that it was a wide play, implying that it was Greens fault. Guess what, Mark. It's YOUR job to HAND-OFF the ball to the running back. That botched hand-off is on YOU, Mark.
    It was a mix of 3 things Bad Handoff Bad grab BEAST blowup by Wilfork.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the fault falls on BOTH Mark *and* Shonn.

Mark, for not making sure that Greene got the ball in the proverbial "bread-basket"

and

Shonn, for attempting to make a move before making sure to secure the football.

THEY BOTH SUCKED there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, Sanchez had better stats than Brady tonight, more yards and more completions\throws.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    The numbers are very misleading. Like I have said numerous to
    Ed tonight, he made about 7 good throws, everything else was off target. Most of his completions were not accurate, and The receivers had to make adjustments to make the arch when they should have been getting YAC.

F-him. He blew the game with his dumb turnovers and taking sacks. He screwed up a damn handoff that cost us a safety for crying out loud. Don't say it was Greene, watch the replay, Sanchez put the ball on his left shoulder pad. How the f*ck does that happen???? The guy invents ways to lose games.