Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More proof that the damn Pats have the refs in their back pocket, biggest play of gm!

More proof that the damn Pats have the refs in their back pocket, biggest play of gm!

I mentioned it in the other thread.

Fans here have been killing the coaching and the play calling, but when dealing with these ****ing refs continually bail out these ****ing Pats, how can they be totally blamed?

Biggest play of the game, after the Folk FG to tie the game, the ensuing kick off, I knew it having mentioned it in the other thread, BEFORE that FG, the clock was around 2:11, and the the kick off wound up being right around the 2:06 mark, it took McCourty only 5 seconds to not only take the KO, but run over 20 yards, make a cut, AND fumble the ball before the refs blew the whistle and the play dead?

Want proof?

How much more obvious can it get? Also, how does McCourty catch the ball, and advance to the 10 yard line in 1 second?

Once, again, shady job by the refs, all proving the article Hubbach released earlier today, the Pats have a completely shady officiating system at that stadium, and the league needs to be doing something about it. On top of it, the late pass interference call by Wilson on Hernandez on that 3rd down play that would have forced a Patriot punt in OT was HUGE, the side judge was RIGHT IN FRONT OF both players, but out comes the late flag 30 yds down field, long after the play was over?

Fans want to blame the coaches and players for **** like this they have to deal with?

There is something fishy going on at that stadium without a doubt. I know people who aren't even Jets fans or Pats haters who have noticed. It's infuriating, because it's always the same story. Bring back the replacements?

This very play resulted in the Jets getting the ball back before the two minute warning when the play should have went long past the 2 minute mark, that was the most critical play of the game, the clock operator saved the Pats in this game right there. The Jets should have gotten the ball back with a first down after the two minute warning, instead, the Pats got an additional time out and stoppage of play, the Pats got an entire play clock's worth of time to have to be able to get the ball back and tie the game to force overtime...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This very play resulted in the Jets getting the ball back before the two minute warning when the play should have went long past the 2 minute mark, that was the most critical play of the game, the clock operator saved the Pats in this game right there. The Jets should have gotten the ball back with a first down after the two minute warning, instead, the Pats got an additional time out and stoppage of play, the Pats got an entire play clock's worth of time to have to be able to get the ball back and tie the game to force overtime...

There is only a conspiracy here if the timekeeper -besides working for the Pats - also knows that McCourty is going to fumble the ball.

It may be slightly shoddy - but on the list of bad calls yesterday this is no better than 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    There is only a conspiracy here if the timekeeper -besides working for the Pats - also knows that McCourty is going to fumble the ball.

It may be slightly shoddy - but on the list of bad calls yesterday this is no better than 3rd.
    not really.

fumble or no fumble, this play should've ended at the two-minute warning.

the Pasts* got a free timeout and 40 seconds of added time from this.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    not really.

fumble or no fumble, this play should've ended at the two-minute warning.

the Pasts* got a free timeout and 40 seconds of added time from this.
    My point isn't that it has no impact at all, but that as a sign of supposed homer-ism from the refs it's a really bad candidate. Putting a extra second on the clock is virtually meaningless - McCourty could have easily spent 5 more secs running it back and then it would've been the two-minute warning anyway.

The facemask call and the PI were far, far worse calls and more critical to the game.

The PI call with the ref being 25,000,000 miles away from the play throwing the flag(while the refs right in front of it didn't) was the MOST EGREGIOUS AND FISHY thing I've ever seen since WarFish's sig.

It's like the ref over there was "WTF are those idiots doing? We're getting a nice fat bonus from Kraft for "doing our jobs"(wink, wink, nudge, nudge) and they're not getting with the program. Better throw the flag to remind them of our position"

Practice Squad
    Umm.. don't you know McCourty ran a 4.0 40? Makes total sense when you look at the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    My point isn't that it has no impact at all, but that as a sign of supposed homer-ism from the refs it's a really bad candidate. Putting a extra second on the clock is virtually meaningless - McCourty could have easily spent 5 more secs running it back and then it would've been the two-minute warning anyway.

The facemask call and the PI were far, far worse calls and more critical to the game.
    You can't be this naive....

Do you not understand this very play gave the Pats 40 more seconds to drive down field to tie the ball game when they got the ball back initially at the 1:37 mark? Because of this play, the pats were able to tie the game.

Veteran
    You can't be this naive....

Do you not understand this very play gave the Pats 40 more seconds to drive down field to tue the ball game when they got the ball back initially at the 1:37 mark? Because of this play, the pats were able to tie the game.
    You're the one who thinks the entire ref staff is on the Kraft payroll, but I am the naive one? Interesting . . .

There are other ways to stop the clock, you must know! Like using a TO, spiking the ball, throwing an incompletion, running out of bounds - to say that this extra second would have left the Pats with 40 less seconds is silly.

All League
    Also, how does McCourty catch the ball, and advance to the 10 yard line in 1 second?
    Ray Ray, do you know anything about football? I mean, at all? Do you know what the term "a 4.4 40" means? Do you know how it's used and why?

Ray Ray it did not give them 40 more seconds, it gave them one more time-out to work with once they got the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Ray Ray it did not give them 40 more seconds, it gave them one more time-out to work with once they got the ball.
    The Pats had two timeouts...

The jets started that drive at the 2:01 mark because of this play and ran their first play before the 2 minute warning. The jets then ran their 2nd and 3rd down plays allowing the pats to burn one of their two timeouts and not potentially both of them where the jets could have run 3 running plays allowing them to run 40 more seconds off the clock before kicking the go ahead FG....

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Ray Ray, do you know anything about football? I mean, at all? Do you know what the term "a 4.4 40" means? Do you know how it's used and why?
    Ummm I know a lot about football, what is the point of your post ?

Ray, if the scoreboard guy started the clock one second later how did he know McCourty was going to fumble and the jet recover with only 1 second to go. During that game at least 20 times players went out of bounds whee the clock did not stop at the very instant.

McCourty ran a 1.5 sec 10 yrd split and he is on the 8 yrd line, seems about right to me.
    Last edited by patman; 10-22-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Regardless of all this, I think we can all agree the PI on Wilson was total BS; they didnt throw the flag until the Pats coaches were bleating at the refs:

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Ray, if the scoreboard guy started the clock one second later how did he know McCourty was going to fumble and the jet recover with only 1 second to go. During that game at least 20 times players went out of bounds whee the clock did not stop at the very instant.

McCourty ran a 1.5 sec 10 yrd split and he is on the 8 yrd line, seems about right to me.
    The time keeper ran it late with the intent to give the pats the 2 min timeout, regardless of the out come of the play. With the fumble happening, and the scramble to get it, it should have been past the 2 min mark. It was obviously stopped early. 6 sec for all that to happen....BS.

Regardless of when the clock started look at when the ref signals for the clock to stop...it is at least a full second or two after the clock did stop.

Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    The time keeper ran it late with the intent to give the pats the 2 min timeout, regardless of the out come of the play. With the fumble happening, and the scramble to get it, it should have been past the 2 min mark. It was obviously stopped early. 6 sec for all that to happen....BS.
    Exactly, it wasn't just about delaying the start of the clock, it was about making sure the clock did not reach the two minute warning. Watch the replay of the fumble, the clock sticks at 2:01 too, even before the ref waives to stop the clock!

All League
    I'm all for conspiracies, but I just re-watched it. It wasn't that bad. Was the timekeeper anxious to stop the clock prior to 2 minutes b/c Kraft agreed to make his next car payment for him? Possibly. But, not as glaring as I want it to be. Sorry, Ray.