Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerley the next Chrebet?

Kerley the next Chrebet?

Watching the game today I turned to my dad, uncle and one of my friends and said I felt like I was watching Wayne Chrebet in his prime except he's black and faster.

He can catch almost anything thrown his way and he's probably the only receiver I have any confidence in at the moment. I'm actually trying to find the China version of his jersey.

He might be one of the VERY few good choices made by Tanny.

I love Chrebet but he would have never made it onto the field with todays concussion rules. The way he played was reckless to his health. He was a warrior and had a ton of heart though. There will never be anther Chrebet

kerley is turning out to be a good one.

Kerley played his ass off yesterday. He's turning into a nice find.

Hall Of Fame
    love Kerley. Big plays in big spots. Him and Hill could be a nice duo.

Kerley has much higher upside than Chrebet. Heck he could easily have a 8 touchdown 1000 yard receiving year this year

All Pro
    Kerley is the reason you don't trade away all of your late draft picks.

Sometimes you find a real contributor in the later rounds, and Kerley is evidence of that. You can't find those players without the draft picks.

Very pleased with Kerley the last couple weeks, starting to look like more then just "a slot guy".

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Kerley is a white Wayne Chrebet.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Very pleased with Kerley the last couple weeks, starting to look like more then just "a slot guy".
    I'll be OK if he turns out to be a really, really good slot guy. Welker is basically that. Sure he can play X Y or Z, but his bread is buttered in the slot.

All League
    had 3 people ask me about kerley at my office today. He is begining to open some eyes out side of jet nation, especially here in Pittsburgh where they have some really good young recievers.

I was hoping we threw to him instead of Stephen Hill. I feel comfortable when I see the ball going his way. I'm glad we never went after a veteran washed up WR and are letting him develop.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I'll be OK if he turns out to be a really, really good slot guy. Welker is basically that. Sure he can play X Y or Z, but his bread is buttered in the slot.
    I think he's more of a deep threat than Welker. He's among the league leaders in yards per catch and Sanchez usually seems to find him downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Yeah, but a guy like Welker just runs short routes (and yes, he's probably the best in the league at it). What Kerley has been doing is attacking the intermediate range, making a lot of nice grabs in the 15-20 yard range. His 17.4 avg is outstanding. Different skillset then Welker, IMO.

Kerley Fries is turning into Mr. Dependable. Great having him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Watching the game today I turned to my dad, uncle and one of my friends and said I felt like I was watching Wayne Chrebet in his prime except he's African-American and faster.
    fixed.

Got to be careful before someone tosses the Race card out here somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    fixed.

Sir, your assumption that I, as an African American, would automatically play the race card is RACIST!

I will see you in COURT!

Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Watching the game today I turned to my dad, uncle and one of my friends and said I felt like I was watching Wayne Chrebet in his prime except he's black and faster.

He can catch almost anything thrown his way and he's probably the only receiver I have any confidence in at the moment. I'm actually trying to find the China version of his jersey.

He might be one of the VERY few good choices made by Tanny.
    The new Wayne Chrebet is clearly Wes Welker.

I like to compare Kerly to Antonio Brown who is one of my favorite receivers.

Stand up and give Mr Kerley an applause. Only one player has shown up every week, made the plays he's supposed to make, always been where he's supposed to be, caught the balls he's supposed to catch, even caught some that would have been excusable to drop. He has been the only, THE ONLY consistent contributor on this team.

hell ill throw it...........

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    fixed.

(thats my job) i loved crebet..........(sitting here listening to patsy cline, gosh what a racist am i)