Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What we now know

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    i actually would have liked to see Tebow in that situation
    better than handing it to greene who will just run into the back of the oline
    This year Greene is 6 for 6 on 3d and 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    i actually would have liked to see Tebow in that situation
    better than handing it to greene who will just run into the back of the oline
    I would have had no problem with Tebow under center there - just not a shot gun..

I would say if you put Tebow under center for a sneak he get's the first 99 out of 100 times. That play call was mind boggling.

In all honesty, may have been the worst play call I have ever seen a Jet OC make.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The most fustrating thing is that we need him to be a "game manager"
    i disagree. i think he's better in those intense, crazy games where he gets hot and drives the team down the field. he's not a game manager. he made mistakes yesterday but so did every other part of the team. coaching, defense, wrs, rbs, special teams all messed up. that was a team loss.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill’s drop was beyond awful and hopefully wont impact him in the long term, but “the drops” have plagued him throughout college which is very concerning. That being said, our offense is completely different when he is on the field; he pushes the safeties back, opening things underneath for keller and kerley and even the running game (if we had a back that could actually get to the 2nd or 3rd level).

7.As for this season, I honestly believe Rex is developing a real “TEAM” here, which is why I think they can make a run in the 2nd half. Losing holmes was a god send for the locker room and losses like yesterday can either make or break a team and a season, and for some reason I think it could help solidify what appears to be building in the locker room.
    I think people don't realize that first point enough - the speed we have in Hill and Schillens is definitely starting to open up the middle of the field. Adding just a single playmaker who can play in that area - whether a TE, RB or slot WR - would make this offense take a big step forward.

I also agree - Rex is showing that he deserves to stay. In a parity league, playing as a team is a huge advantage. There are far too few special players to make up for a team that's not well-coached.

The injuries and new guys getting playing time is going to create an interesting off-season, as the Jets are getting a look at a new core of players and a new identity. They may have the 'emotional' flexibility to do more this offseason than we had expected.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have had no problem with Tebow under center there - just not a shot gun..

I would say if you put Tebow under center for a sneak he get's the first 99 out of 100 times. That play call was mind boggling.

In all honesty, may have been the worst play call I have ever seen a Jet OC make.

Tebow is surely misused by this organization.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Looks like Sanchez was not 'coached up' for certain situations. After all the games that he has played it is on him to do better.

His play to me is just 'inconsistent' at this point with much room for improvement.

Still he gives the NY Jets the best chance to win and there is no other QB on the horizon
    Good assessment.

No one here except for the biggest blind cheerleaders thinks that Sanchez is a great QB.

At the same time, no one except for the purest haters thinks he's horrible and can't be an NFL starter.

The fact is exactly what you said, he can look like a true leader and franchise QB in one game then completely incompetent in the next. It's maddening.

Sanchez's future success will come down to his ability to reduce mental errors and make better decisions with the football. I've seen incremental signs that he's doing this from one year to the next. It can be hard to tell what kind of progress he's truly making when, like last year, we downgraded from Edwards to Burress at WR and had Wayne Hunter at RT (even then, Sanchez had better numbers in 2011 than 2012). Then we get to this year and he plays in several games with no Holmes, Keller or Hill...throwing to guys like Konrad Rueland and Clyde Gates.

Yesterday was the closes we've come since Week 1 to having a full compliment of offensive talent around Sanchez. Even with no Holmes, there are some guys to throw to and yesterday Sanchez racked up 328 yards and a 90.3 QB rating. We can win with Mark Sanchez, but he can't lead an undermanned team to victories simply with his arm.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good points.

I would also add that we have learned how important a healthy Dustin Keller is to the Jets offense.