Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tweets, Updates and Info - 10.22.12

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He is the exact opposite of what i thought he would be coming out of college. Kid plays hurt and runs hard. I think he could be a really productive stater if given the chancec.
    On a Bill Bellicheat coached team? No doubt. With Rex and Sparano? No shot.

All League
    mcknight left it all on the field yesterday, kid has a lot more heart than any of us could ever imagine.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Joe is a damn soldier.
    But his detractors are fast to say that Joe McKnight threw up three years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    But his detractors are fast to say that Joe McKnight threw up three years ago!
    I have a feeling most of us would do the same if we stepped into an NFL field too.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I have a feeling most of us would do the same if we stepped into an NFL field too.
    another tanny former bust who is improving.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    another tanny former bust who is improving.
    I think that might be why teams don't give up on guys as quick as fans do. Hell, I think there were guys here implying that Coples is a bust already.

The problem with a lot of fans is they don't manage expectations very well. To them, it's either HoF or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    "It was one missed tackle. That was it. They didn't do anything the rest of the day. They couldn't even get it out to the 20."

-- Mike Westhoff on Jets kick coverage against Patriots
    Unfortunately, that turned out to be a HUGE 7 points in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    mcknight left it all on the field yesterday, kid has a lot more heart than any of us could ever imagine.
    +1.

He had a few chances to run the ball, and he ran HARD. I really hope he gets a chance to run the ball more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Unfortunately, that turned out to be a HUGE 7 points in their favor.
    That's why I blame special teams mainly for yesterday. They cost us points on multiple occasions with a bad penalty and a return for a touchdown.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    He has become one of my favorite players.

Yesterday on one leg the kid played his heart out and still made plays.

After the bye,they really need to get him more touches on offense.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    He has become one of my favorite players.

Yesterday on one leg the kid played his heart out and still made plays.

After the bye,they really need to get him more touches on offense.
    Man, if the Jets could ever just learn to run that bubble-screen [to Welker] that the Pats do. I think McKnight would excel at finishing it.

Anyone else sense this in the X and O's?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    AGAIN!!! Like many games over the course of Rex's 3+ seasons here his D can't close the game out for a W!
    this 10000 times over.

Rexes defenses suck at closing games. If our offense didn't close out the half I have no doubts be would have scored on their final drive.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    AGAIN!!! Like many games over the course of Rex's 3+ seasons here his D can't close the game out for a W!
    That's because it's a pass rush that's normally required to close out a game...see Pats last play for latest example.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    In this game we displayed most of our weak areas:

Our D can't get a stop when they need to. 4 years and still can't cover a TE or generate a pass rush.

Our QB is woefully inconsistent and has piss poor fundamentals. No feel, no awareness at crucial junctures.

Our OC is not a good play caller. Schotty with sunglasses.
    And we're no longer able to consistently produce a strong running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    That's because it's a pass rush that's normally required to close out a game...see Pats last play for latest example.
    This isn't just about yesterday's game. It's been the MO of Rex's D since he got here The genius Rex always likes to say how his D always finishes in the top 5. Top 5 Ds are supposed to close out games for Ws!

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    TE Jeff Cumberland has a dislocation of right hand, per source. He will miss Dolphins game. Jets hope he will be back after bye week. #nyj

NFL finds no improper act by Belichick after Hernandez fumble/nonfumble, I'm told. League found no evidence that BB threw the challenge flag.
    well I guess the national tv announcers calling the game is not evidence?
    fing ass hat nfl