Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pats trolls.... Time to man up.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Was there a loss to the Jets in that 6?

In any event I think the years of the Pats being an elite team every year are pretty much done at this point. Maybe there is some more juice in the lemon but I am not sure I am buying it.
    My prediction was based on an average O-Line and a really ****ty defensive secondary. I didn't do a team by team W/L. So short answer is: It could have been.

For what, I never said the jets were as bad as most of the fans here thought they were. The pats did not play a good game, but pulled it out when it mattered.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I couldn't care less about trolls. I'd like an apology from Sparano.

I'm still waiting...............

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I couldn't care less about trolls. I'd like an apology from Sparano.

^THIS

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Most football games come down to 3 or 4 plays.

The Jets didn't make them, the Pats did. Even all the Pats fans say their secondary is awful, and we still didn't get it done.

Dropping a handoff for a fumble and a safety. Dropping a wide open pass to ice the game. Missing a wide open WR by being late and throwing a pick. Missing a wide open RB on the same play. Losing your lane on a kick off. Throwing on 3rd and 1 to freakin Chaz Schillens.
    That about sums it up.

And it's not like the Pats STILL didn't do their best to try to give your team more opportunities like the usually sure handed Llyod suddenly growing hands of stone, among others.

Either our team is WAYYYYY better than you thought it was our your team sucks as badly as ours does. Either way you owe this board an apology.
    An apology for what? Because the talking heads and the betting line predicted a blow out?

I certainly did not. The Jets showed up to play a football game. That is what I expected to see all along.

In the NFL there are no gimme games, every game can go either way, as we witness almost every week. The standings show wins and losses. There is nothing for moral wins or moral losses or better than expected wins or losses.

The Jets played well yesterday. The Patriots played both well and poorly. Thanksgiving night most likely will be a totally different type of game. I hope it is close and tough and well played and the Patriots win.

Seriously?

Demanding an apology from fans of the team that beat us, because they didn't beat us as bad as those fans thought they might?

Have we REALLY sunk this low?

Here are the people I want apologies from: The Refs and Mark Suckchez. I've had my fill of both of them this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Go root for your redskins

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Seriously?

Demanding an apology from fans of the team that beat us, because they didn't beat us as bad as those fans thought they might?

Here are the people I want apologies from: The Refs and Mark Suckchez. I've had my fill of both of them this year.
    Fish, you have the sense of humor of a piece of cardboard sometimes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Patriot View Post
    An apology for what? Because the talking heads, the ENTIRE PATS FAN NATION INCLUDING THE JI CHAPTER and the betting line predicted a blow out?

I certainly did not. The Jets showed up to play a football game. That is what I expected to see all along.

In the NFL there are no gimme games, every game can go either way, as we witness almost every week. The standings show wins and losses. There is nothing for moral wins or moral losses or better than expected wins or losses.

The Jets played well yesterday. The Patriots played both well and poorly. Thanksgiving night most likely will be a totally different type of game. I hope it is close and tough and well played and the Patriots win.
    Fixed.

The Jets self destructed in numerous ways yesterday. Congrats on the win but it really should have been a 2TD or 3TD win for the visitors.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    My prediction was based on an average O-Line and a really ****ty defensive secondary. I didn't do a team by team W/L. So short answer is: It could have been.
    I took a peek at the preseason predictions on Patsfansdotcom and I think the LOWEST prediction that I remember seeing was 13-3.

Fish, you have the sense of humor of a piece of cardboard sometimes.
    No, I'm simply tired of the Trollobsession my friend. Why anyoen gives a **** what they say or think has boggled my mind since the day I registered here. This thread gives them EXACTLY the ammunition and attention they so deeply crave and thrive on.

There is one solution to trolls. Ignore them.

We have a few Patsy trolls, and a few good Patsy Fans worth exchanging with. Ignore the trolls, and enjoy the goods. Save the threads demanding apologies for the Refs and Mark Sanchez, both of whom owe Jets fans an apology.

Rookie
    I took a peek at the preseason predictions on Patsfansdotcom and I think the LOWEST prediction that I remember seeing was 13-3.
    You must have missed my 11-5 prediction. Still quite feasible IMHO.

Jets ALWAYS play Pats like it's the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post

I was at 12-4, which now looks suspect, yet still possible. 11-5 looks more reasonable.

But I was also at 7-9 for the Jets which still seems about right.

Seriously?

I think the thread was meant to be a big STFU about how great your team is and how awful the Jets are, which I think is fair given one particular frequent Pats poster who cannot shut up about how great his team is and how bad ours is.

The Pats have come back to the pack, they are not a special or even good team right now. They were fortunate to win yesterday, they didn't look like the better team. Maybe Mark Sanchez and the Jets cannot make themn pay for playing mediocre football, but other teams can (and will)

Really, Warfish? REALLY?

So You're not asking Sparano for an apology?

You think it was a "great call" to NOT run the ball with Greene at 3rd and freakin' 1 at the Pats 3-yard-line???

You're not asking the Special Teams for an apology in giving up that TD that IMMEDIATELY took the momentum away from the Jets???

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You're one of them.
    McGinley is a realist, but certainly not a troll. In fact, he's pretty objective with his views and is definitely a fan of the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    No, I'm simply tired of the Trollobsession my friend. Why anyoen gives a **** what they say or think has boggled my mind since the day I registered here. This thread gives them EXACTLY the ammunition and attention they so deeply crave and thrive on.

There is one solution to trolls. Ignore them.

We have a few Patsy trolls, and a few good Patsy Fans worth exchanging with. Ignore the trolls, and enjoy the goods. Save the threads demanding apologies for the Refs and Mark Sanchez, both of whom owe Jets fans an apology.
    Actually I kind of enjoy the input we get from the Pats fans on here but they do suffer from a degree of (over?) confidence in their team that is the result of a decade of pretty much uninterrupted excellence. I think that confidence may be misplaced here in 2012 and I was having a bit of fun at their expense.

I was also having a bit of fun at the expense of our own band of resident idiots who are forever asking for this person or that person to be banned simply because this person or that person does not share the same opinions that they do.

I am with you on the coaching yesterday and our sorry excuse for a QB who I thought played poorly once again. Yesterday really should not have been close. The defense did all they needed to do (sans the last two drives). The offensive line made holes for the running game and kept Sanchez' jersey pretty clean all day long. Sanchez overthrowing, under throwing and outright missing receivers all day long. Even 250LB tight ends with continent sized open spaces in the middle of the field. So yes, I am with you on Sanchez. He is a disaster and the degree to which some people on here are still trying to find excuses for him is disturbing quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post

I said 12-4 myself. I always put a caveot that I can see the Pats can finish a game or two higher or lower than my prediction every season.

Rookie
    Alot of rookies that were/are unknown commodities tempered my prediction.

Brady is hot and cold and Lloyd's body of work is maddening. Did he use stickum in Denver?

What happened to BB's use of Blitz?

Lots of head scratching so far this season.

Pats could suddenly get hot but they also struggle along and finish 8-8 or 9-7.

But Jets seem more likely the team to go .500 for the season than the Pats.