Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    If Tebow started, we win yesterday.
    this is a joke right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock48nj View Post
    this is a joke right?
    Baseless hypotheticals are the friends of Jet fans everywhere.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What? He was trying to throw it on the last play (the "third time" I am referencing, BTW), which is why he fumbled. Sanchez needs to tuck the ball on a sack, not try to get off a hero throw.

Incidentally, earlier in the game, Sanchez is being taken to the ground and he flips the ball up right into the middle of the field. It easily could have gone for a pick six. It's year four of his "career" right now, and he should not still do something thais mind numbingly idiotic.
    +1000. He just doesnt learn. He is still making the same mistakes he has made since day 1 in this league. He either doesnt care or has mush between his ears.

People are acting like its some accomplishment to throw 300 yards against the pats defense. In a league where you cant play pass defense 300 yard games should be the norm.

And while Sanchez does make some throws he continues to leave plays and yards on the field. They showed numerous replays during the game demonstrating this. His vision, touch and placement are poor and have not gotten any better.

He is an average QB at best. The Jets have not and will not win a game because of Mark Sanchez and in this league, as it is currently constituted, your QB NEEDS to be the difference maker.

EDIT: He got Greene killed yesterday who was playing a great game IMHO
    Last edited by kennedy fried Toon; 10-22-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was bad.

Both green and the other guy(who was practically BEGGING Mark to see him and throw to him) were WIDE OPEN and he throws that pass toward Hill? wow.

I'm thinking he was looking to go Deep all the way and paid ZERO attention to any receivers nearby.

He did his job and put Sanchez in a favorable position to succeed. Hill was wide open on that play. Numerous times players were wide open and Sanchez was being Sanchez.

If Tebow started, we win yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So where does the defense and special teams fit in?

Mark could have played better, no doubt, but to put this loss solely at his feet is crazy.
    He ALWAYS plays the same that is the point. no matter if we have goo or bad play elsewhere he fritters away big plays and turns it over, usually in horrible fashion.

A Qb has to be one of two things in my mind. 1) An offensive gunslinger that makes mistakes but also makes a lot of big plays and racks up tds, yards and completions ala Favre, Cutler. or 2) A guy who can manage the game, make the plays that are there and is very safe with the football ala pennington.

Sanchez is simply not accurate enough or good enough to withstand the number of times he turns it over.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    One of Sanchez's best games as a pro. The media of course is whining about how Sanchez is actually good following this game....

Meanwhile:

1) Pats defense is awful against the pass.

2) WATCH THE GAMES:

Sanchez gives up massive quantities of YAC via errant completions. There were at least 5 yesterday.

3) Real Sanchez: 4th quarter throw to WIDE OPEN HILL:

10 yards short, woefully underthrown, exceedingly slow read despite him being WIDE WIDE WIDE open.

4) 20 yard out. Sanchez might as well have done a full pitchers wind-up to get the ball out there.

Not buying. Do not want.

Also:

LOL@ looking at Jaworski for valuable analysis. He's a complete buffoon.

Sparano should be shot for not running the ball repeatedly on the tying drive. Granted, all of the RB's were beat to crap, that doesn't change the fact that Tebow should've been thrown in and the clock should been wound down more than it was.

They should not have been doing anything but running the ball considering the QB.
    So I think I speak for most of this board when i say, "Huh?"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    if sanchez was so terrible yesterday, why did the jets get to OT?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    One of Sanchez's best games as a pro. The media of course is whining about how Sanchez is actually good following this game....

Meanwhile:

1) Pats defense is awful against the pass.

2) WATCH THE GAMES:

Sanchez gives up massive quantities of YAC via errant completions. There were at least 5 yesterday.

3) Real Sanchez: 4th quarter throw to WIDE OPEN HILL:

10 yards short, woefully underthrown, exceedingly slow read despite him being WIDE WIDE WIDE open.

4) 20 yard out. Sanchez might as well have done a full pitchers wind-up to get the ball out there.

Not buying. Do not want.

Also:

LOL@ looking at Jaworski for valuable analysis. He's a complete buffoon.

Sparano should be shot for not running the ball repeatedly on the tying drive. Granted, all of the RB's were beat to crap, that doesn't change the fact that Tebow should've been thrown in and the clock should been wound down more than it was.

They should not have been doing anything but running the ball considering the QB.
    Ron Jaworski. Complete buffoon.

PMarsico9. Objective Visionary. Message board poster Extraordinaire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To further reiterate :

First DOWN!, let me say this to you :

If Tebow started, the game would've been over AT THE HALF!!

Let's be honest about things here.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if sanchez was so terrible yesterday, why did the jets get to OT?
    New England has perhaps the worse secondary in all of football. And Sanchez was not terrible....for him. He threw a lot of good balls. Once again this is the problem with him. He played well for him and still made 5 or 6 horrendously awful plays in a game where one mistake can cost you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The Patriots anemic secondary was the main reason we were in this game. Throws to Keller, Kerley no top receivers and this kid stuck in their.
    Fixed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    New England has perhaps the worse secondary in all of football. And Sanchez was not terrible....for him. He threw a lot of good balls. Once again this is the problem with him. He played well for him and still made 5 or 6 horrendously awful plays in a game where one mistake can cost you.
    so sanchez makes 5 or 6 bad plays and he's the goat, but the rest of the team can make as many bad plays, from coaching blunders to dropped passes to lame qb pressure to prevent defense disasters to bad penalties, etc. and this is all ok.

newsflash: nobody is perfect. this is a great example of a team loss. sanchez is not arod.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Ron Jaworski. Complete buffoon.

PMarsico9. Objective Visionary. Message board poster Extraordinaire.
    I always considered Jaws to be one of, if not the best analyst when it came to breaking down film and showing the fans how and why a play worked/did not work. I learned alot from watching him on the old Edge NFL Matchup over the years. Apparently we were tricked all these years

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    ...and Sanchez's performance against SF was more about the SF defense being great than it was about Sanchez playing afwul....right?
    You answered your own question clown. Sanchez can play half way decent against BAD defenses but pisses down his leg against good ones.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anything I said that is unjustified?

Perhaps I should hope for one of our players to get hurt, like you sg3. Would that make me a good fan? Would that prove my love of the Jets?

I have no attachment to any single player or coach. I root for the laundry. And as long as the player is wearing a Jets uniform I will root for him. I want to win. Don't care who is wearing the jersey and pushing the buttons, I think we deserve better from everyone.

Expectations are a good thing. Sorry if I do not want to settle for mediocrity. IMO yesterday, we were at least 10 points better on the road. Yet we found a way to lose. In years 1 and 2 we won those type of games.

But now . . .

SOJ is alive and well.
    I have no attachment to any player, so you can take that spin and shove that too

I root for the team, the jersey, will always be the case, but I can't sit here and let all of our internet GM and head coaches rue the forum with their bashing and knee-jerk overreaction without a response.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez threw a duck on that int
    he should have held on to the ball in OT

so no matter what i say below doesn't absolve what he did.
    with that in mind:

• why did sanchez get sacked right away in OT? our right side of the line flopped. moore got beat bad
    • what other skill offensive players came ready to play? kerley, DK, Hillard
    • greene sucks. when sanchez is in trouble, he does not have a dump off pass. greene cant catch nor break a damn tackle.
    • st gave up the KO return TD
    • defense couldnt stop brady when it counted

coaching had them ready to play. sparano called a good game (actually would have liked to seen Tebow a bit more, closer to the goal line. keep in mind i was admittedly against the tebow trade)

point being, team and individuals played great at times and terrible in others.
    team game and we lost as a team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Stephen Hill doesn't drop that third down pass, the Jets win the game. Just sayin'.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He ALWAYS plays the same that is the point. no matter if we have goo or bad play elsewhere he fritters away big plays and turns it over, usually in horrible fashion.

A Qb has to be one of two things in my mind. 1) An offensive gunslinger that makes mistakes but also makes a lot of big plays and racks up tds, yards and completions ala Favre, Cutler. or 2) A guy who can manage the game, make the plays that are there and is very safe with the football ala pennington.

Sanchez is simply not accurate enough or good enough to withstand the number of times he turns it over.
    Again, at what point does the defense share in any blame for yesterday?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i believe the culture of the team is slanted so that sanchez takes the blame when they lose. it shifts blame from rex's defense and rex knows that everyone will jump on that bandwagon. plus, rex didn't draft sanchez so it implicitly throws tanny under the bus whenever sanchez falls on his sword even when you give up 2 key fg drives, give up a ko for a td, drop passes, etc. rex won't get canned if sanchez is blamed, tanny will.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Defense held the Pats O to 20 points.