Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez kept us in this game

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I have a complete grasp of the last four years with Sanchez as QB. Sanchez--in his supposed "break out year"--is still trying to throw the ball as he's being driven into the ground on a sack (did it three times yesterday) and/or throwing up balloon balls which become easy INTs/drive/scoring killers.

You like ethe guy? Fine, I don't. Enough of this clod. Face it, he's a dope with marginal QB skills.
    and if he did it a fourth time on the last play of the game, it wouldn't have ended.

you can't have it both ways.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Most people didn't think they would be in the game long enough for Sanchez to cost them the game with a turnover.

He played a pretty good game and great in the 4th quarter. Every NFL analyst and expert I've seen this morning agrees.
    Every NFL analyst and expert seems to praise the QB who just played the Pats D every week, notice that? Last week we heard how great Wilson was, then he played a better D this week and was garbage. The same will happen with Sanchez. Next 3 games he plays 3 good Ds. Don't expect big things.

Sanchez had guys wide open all day. If he can't put up 300 yards when that is the case, he shouldn't even be in the league. He had some nice throws, but as others have pointed out, made the mistakes that cost us the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    and if he did it a fourth time on the last play of the game, it wouldn't have ended.

you can't have it both ways.
    What? He was trying to throw it on the last play (the "third time" I am referencing, BTW), which is why he fumbled. Sanchez needs to tuck the ball on a sack, not try to get off a hero throw.

Incidentally, earlier in the game, Sanchez is being taken to the ground and he flips the ball up right into the middle of the field. It easily could have gone for a pick six. It's year four of his "career" right now, and he should not still do something thais mind numbingly idiotic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously DDNY why not let Jet fans discuss what is or isn't needed.

I don't know which NFL team you like but it's clear to everyone that it's not the Jets.There's not a thing you don't absolutely loathe about them from top to bottom

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Time for a NEW Avatar. IMO..Sparano is the guilties of all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing Mark Sanchez keeps us in, is turnover-prone mediocrity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He had a 70% comp yesterday, that is very good, that is accurate, that is efficient, everything the haters/detractors kill him for, he was yesterday, and you still complain.

The INT was a bad throw, but it was more to do with his footwork and mechanics and making his transgression late, Hill wasn't his first option, he first looked left, then scanned the field middle, and then right, saw Hill, and didn't properly reset his feet, that happens all the time in the NFL.

Taking the sacks was bad, no argument, he has to get rid of the ball in those situations. But that isn't a rookie mistake, it happens to a lot of QB's, but it's still a bad play.

This is just wrong, on many levels, and last night was proof of that.

Sanchez carried the offense yesterday, brought the team back twice.

If Hill catches that pass, the Jets probably go in for a TD, Jets win, and we are all applauding Sanchez' game yesterday, that is how good he was, but the couple of mistakes that were made shouldn't take away from his overall performance.
    I can NOT believe I am in lock step with the double Ray on this.

Play calling killed us. We had this game...twice in less than 2 minutes and we cant run the clock.

Where is Dick Curl????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Sanchez apologists should be banned from this board. They obviously have no idea about football.
    Yeah well you're not a mod. Stop trying to be one.

Sanchez apologists will apologize.

Sanchez Haters will Hate.

That's how we roll here at the strip.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two guys running in the flat WIDE open and he throws that pass, and late. Moron.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Time for a NEW Avatar. IMO..Sparano is the guilties of all.
    He did his job and put Sanchez in a favorable position to succeed. Hill was wide open on that play. Numerous times players were wide open and Sanchez was being Sanchez.

If Tebow started, we win yesterday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez played a very good game but he made 2 really bad decisions that he needs to correct going forward. The pass to Hill was awful (I assume it slipped out of his hand) and the fumble on the last play of the game. Take the sack and you still have two plays to gain 16-18 yards.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Why stop there? Just ban any poster that even entertains the thought of posting anything that even resembles a positive remark about this team. Then we can change the name of the board to a more accurate representation of what it has become...something like WhineyB*tchFansInsider.com or ImTheReasonOtherFansHateJetsFansInsider.com.
    I'd call it GreenSpleen.com but those are nice, too.

Seriously, though.... It appears no one is allowed to say anything Positive about Mark Sanchez 'cause if you do, then you're labeled an apologist. Well to those that say that, GFY!!

I know you people(the ones against Mark) want him gone. I GET IT! I'd like to have a Franchise QB myself but it's not happening during Game 7(now going on Game 8) of the 2012 season. Nor will it happen in 2013 either. Unless(or until) Mark is no longer a NY Jet, I will continue to support him and his efforts in helping the team win 'cause(like it or not) he's our Quarterback...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can NOT believe I am in lock step with the double Ray on this.

Play calling killed us. We had this game...twice in less than 2 minutes and we cant run the clock.

Where is Dick Curl????
    fans are set to blame sanchez whenever they lose. after all, when a team loses, the qb has made at least a few bad plays. but jet fans are content to ignore all the other gaffes, as if 1 guy, sanchez, is supposed to play perfect or else he sucks.

sanchez made mistakes but also did enough to win. he's a 6'2" qb in his 4th year who needs help. who on the jets played such a perfect game that we can honestly say they didn't deserve any blame.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's especially awful about that play is that not only was he late on the Hill throw and, thus, shouldve known not to throw it, he had McKnight WIDE OPEN in the flat which wouldve been a 20 yd catch and run.

But again, that wasn't a bad throw per se, it was a bad decision. Sanchez has to know then that he missed his window and not to throw it. If he threw it a second or 2 earlier it is an easy TD. Once that's gone, he can't throw the ball.

And that was Reuland wide open, not Keller. Sanchez throws it to Keller when he's triple covered. You better believe he'd throw it when he's open.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

The worst kind of fan
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Seriously DDNY why not let Jet fans discuss what is or isn't needed.

I don't know which NFL team you like but it's clear to everyone that it's not the Jets.There's not a thing you don't absolutely loathe about them from top to bottom

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Anything I said that is unjustified?

Perhaps I should hope for one of our players to get hurt, like you sg3. Would that make me a good fan? Would that prove my love of the Jets?

I have no attachment to any single player or coach. I root for the laundry. And as long as the player is wearing a Jets uniform I will root for him. I want to win. Don't care who is wearing the jersey and pushing the buttons, I think we deserve better from everyone.

Expectations are a good thing. Sorry if I do not want to settle for mediocrity. IMO yesterday, we were at least 10 points better on the road. Yet we found a way to lose. In years 1 and 2 we won those type of games.

But now . . .

SOJ is alive and well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anything I said that is unjustified?

Perhaps I should hope for one of our players to get hurt, like you sg3. Would that make me a good fan? Would that prove my love of the Jets?

I have ZERO allegiance to any single player of coach. I root for the laundry. I want to win. Don't care who is wearing the jersey and pushing the buttons, I think we deserve better from everyone.

Expectations are a good thing. Sorry if I do not want to settle for mediocrity. IMO yesterday, we were at least 10 points better on the road. Yet we found a way to lose. In years 1 and 2 we won those type of games.

But now . . .

SOJ is alive and well.
    "As it shall always be, into perpetuity."

--Yahweh

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Sanchez played well enuf to win, Sparano calls can't finish 'em

Sanchez is the main reason we were in this game. Throws to Keller, Kerley no top receivers and this kid stuck in their.

Jaws agrees as do most QB analysts.

You Sanchez haters sound like women complaining. He sucks etc... no understanding of the total game.

We had 2 opportunities to win this game. On the 3 yard line, down 23 -20 a TD puts the game away and we still can get a 1st down but we dont use Tebow?

On their 20 after the fumble and we burn almost NO TIME off the clock?

THAT Friends is poor coaching and Sparano.
    GARY MYERS OF DAILY NEWS SPORTS AGREES WITH YOU.... they don't trust Mark Sanchez--- But i don't trust Sparano to call a correct game- We had the Pats on the ropes.!
    ...www.nydailynews.com

.. These are not the Patriots who won three Super Bowls from 2001-04 or lost Super Bowls to the Giants in two of the last five seasons. They were all but begging the Jets to beat them. But when the Jets had a chance to step on the Patriotsí throat after recovering a fumbled kickoff at the Patriots 18 with 2:01 left after they had tied the game on Nick Folkís 43-yard field goal, they literally ran scared of Mark Sanchez just when he was tearing apart New Englandís pass defense.

Even though the Jets are depleted without Darrelle Revis, their best player, and Santonio Holmes, their only accomplished playmaker, Sunday was their chance to take out the Patriots.

Ultimately it came down to the Jets leaving points on the field and too much time on the clock at the end of regulation

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2A2U5gB79

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of Sanchez's best games as a pro. The media of course is whining about how Sanchez is actually good following this game....

Meanwhile:

1) Pats defense is awful against the pass.

2) WATCH THE GAMES:

Sanchez gives up massive quantities of YAC via errant completions. There were at least 5 yesterday.

3) Real Sanchez: 4th quarter throw to WIDE OPEN HILL:

10 yards short, woefully underthrown, exceedingly slow read despite him being WIDE WIDE WIDE open.

4) 20 yard out. Sanchez might as well have done a full pitchers wind-up to get the ball out there.

Not buying. Do not want.

Also:

LOL@ looking at Jaworski for valuable analysis. He's a complete buffoon.

Sparano should be shot for not running the ball repeatedly on the tying drive. Granted, all of the RB's were beat to crap, that doesn't change the fact that Tebow should've been thrown in and the clock should been wound down more than it was.

They should not have been doing anything but running the ball considering the QB.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 10-22-2012 at 10:48 AM.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Yesterday's performance by Sanchez was more about the Pats D being awful than it was about Sanchez playing well.
    ...and Sanchez's performance against SF was more about the SF defense being great than it was about Sanchez playing afwul....right?