Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Franchise QB or Not ?

Franchise QB or Not ?

I have been a big supporter of Sanchez since he has been here but it's time to realize that Mark is not the type of QB who can win games when he really needs to step up and take charge. The interception and fumble yesterday were only symptoms of a QB who just isn't quite good enough to carry the team over the line. I realize the Jets have a lot of money and time invested in him and if he is what he is than the Jets as team need to get better around him. We need receivers who don't drop passes, we need a very good RB and finally this team desperately needs OL who dont miss their assignments. There is a lot of blame to go around for yesterdays loss but I would argue that a better QB would have won the game for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I have been a big supporter of Sanchez since he has been here but it's time to realize that Mark is not the type of QB who can win games when he really needs to step up and take charge. The interception and fumble yesterday were only symptoms of a QB who just isn't quite good enough to carry the team over the line. I realize the Jets have a lot of money and time invested in him and if he is what he is than the Jets as team need to get better around him. We need receivers who don't drop passes, we need a very good RB and finally this team desperately needs OL who dont miss their assignments. There is a lot of blame to go around for yesterdays loss but I would argue that a better QB would have won the game for us.
    Fair post. A better QB would probably have won. A better WR than Hill to catch that pass and we would have won too. Maybe a better OC to run the ball from inside the 2 yard line instead of calling a pass and we win as well?

NO! Not even a good backup!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    NO! Not even a good backup!
    You going to blame Sanchez for the coin toss as well?

He had one of his better games in a long time yesterday and still had a couple of ghastly errors. No he is not a franchise QB.

So in a game where Sanchez has one of his better games, you create this thread? Or are you running out of material with your weekly useless threads?

No. Add a poll to the thread.

It's so hard to let him go. He's the type of guy I'd be terrified of letting go because he'd end up in Philly when they drop Vick and Andy Reid would turn him into a beast with those skill position players.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    It's so hard to let him go. He's the type of guy I'd be terrified of letting go because he'd end up in Philly when they drop Vick and Andy Reid would turn him into a beast with those skill position players.
    No worries. Sanchez will always be a JAG or worse.

With him at QB, and the Tanny/Rex/Sparano "brian trust" still in charge, we will throw away next year's season, too. Time to dump the trash and, for the myriad time, start anew. SOJ.

Jets Insider VIP
    Definitely a franchise QB for the Jets for the next 8 seasons

GONNA BE FUN

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He had one of his better games in a long time yesterday and still had a couple of ghastly errors. No he is not a franchise QB.
    He was expected to put up some numbers against the Pats. As usual though, too many bad throws and a couple bad decisions. It just wasn't enough from him. He isn't that type of player that can carry the team to a win.

Veteran
    Huh. I just watched the beginning of Sportscenter and Merrill Hoge and Ron Jaworski were given the question: Who deserves the blame for the loss? Mark Sanchez or ...?

Both guys emphatically said that this loss should be placed at the feet of the Wide Receivers, as they were showing highlights of dropped passes throughout the game and particularly in the 4th quarter. They both felt as though Sanchez played possibly his best game of the season yesterday, and without him they wouldn't have been close to winning this game. They also showed how on the last play of the game Hilliard should have stayed in to block on Moore's guy (and in fact, started to engage the D Lineman and inexplicably peeled off of him after he was getting by Moore). In fact, they both praised Sanchez for his efforts on that play.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Huh. I just watched the beginning of Sportscenter and Merrill Hoge and Ron Jaworski were given the question: Who deserves the blame for the loss? Mark Sanchez or ...?

Both guys emphatically said that this loss should be placed at the feet of the Wide Receivers, as they were showing highlights of dropped passes throughout the game and particularly in the 4th quarter. They both felt as though Sanchez played possibly his best game of the season yesterday, and without him they wouldn't have been close to winning this game. They also showed how on the last play of the game Hilliard should have stayed in to block on Moore's guy (and in fact, started to engage the D Linmeman and inexplicably peeled off of him after he was getting by Moore). In fact, they both praised Sanchez for his efforts on that play.

I agree.
    I'd even take it a step further, it was one of the better games of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post

Both guys emphatically said that this loss should be placed at the feet of the Wide Receivers, as they were showing highlights of dropped passes throughout the game and particularly in the 4th quarter. They both felt as though Sanchez played possibly his best game of the season yesterday, and without him they wouldn't have been close to winning this game. They also showed how on the last play of the game Hilliard should have stayed in to block on Moore's guy (and in fact, started to engage the D Lineman and inexplicably peeled off of him after he was getting by Moore). In fact, they both praised Sanchez for his efforts on that play.

I agree.
    sanchez is the jet version of arod. he's the lightening rod for all that is wrong with the team, and rex probably likes that b/c it shifts the heat away from his defense.

He's a fair QB. Can have good momengts and bad. The safety was on him. Plus fumble. But decent completion % yesterday. But against a dreadful defense. eh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did you read about that meningitis outbreak in Michigan??

Damm you Mark Sanchez...ALL YOUR DAMM FAULT!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Odds are he'll be successful back on the West Coast. I could see him backing up Bradford, Russell Wilson, or going to Arizona and doing very well.

Perhaps even Oakland. I'm not buying him anywhere but on the West Coast.

And I think playing for that tool Carroll would be a massive boon since he's emo. Then he can have Rah-rah patting his ass and telling him how "there's no worries, bra."

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No. Add a poll to the thread.
    We should add a Stripper-Pole with a Hottie to this thread instead.

He has the physical tools, but he doesn't have the poise to be a franchise quarterback. After four years in the league, the game still moves too fast for him many times, as was the case with those two ghastly sacks he took yesterday. In both those instances, he was running around in a near panic, oblivious to the game situation and acting out of desperation. He also displays poor field vision. Every qb misses an open receiver now and then, but with Sanchez it seems to be a regular occurrence.

Veteran
    Honestly, the hallmark of the Jets team since Rex Ryan took over was his defense (and "ground and pound" to a lesser extent). The defense - HIS defense - failed in the game when it meant the most, when we had an opportunity to stop Brady again. So whether or not Sanchez was able to step up his game (he was - despite the horrendous INT near the end zone), the defense really let us all down. And for that I blame Rex and Pettine more than anyone else.