Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are you willing to give Revis the money he wants ?

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Only the QB position should command such a mega contract.

Revis isnt even the QB of the Defense.
    SIT DOWN WHEN SHOTS ARE FIRED!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Wish we would've had Revis on Gronkowski yesterday, would've won the game and been sitting in 1st place

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Wish we would've had Revis on Gronkowski yesterday, would've won the game and been sitting in 1st place
    Or we could have had his salary allocated to a rush olb, hit Brady a bit, and won the game

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Or we could have had his salary allocated to a rush olb, hit Brady a bit, and won the game
    There's enough cap room for a OLB too. Pace is making a lot of money iirc, he just isn't good. Get him off the books and draft one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    we did do that a few years ago....did Calvin Pace really make that kind of impact? NO.

Most people think we can just sign a super stud, and switch the impact which is ridiculous.

We have a HOF type player that will still be in his prime for the next 3-4 years. You dont let that player get away. You will never get that impact player in Free agency.

Look at the big contracts we handed out. Faneca, Calvin Pace, and Bart Scott. All got vastly overpaid.

Btw we could discuss this all day, but there is no chance he isnt resigned next year. Thats GM suicide.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    we did do that a few years ago....did Calvin Pace really make that kind of impact? NO.

Most people think we can just sign a super stud, and switch the impact which is ridiculous.

We have a HOF type player that will still be in his prime for the next 3-4 years. You dont let that player get away. You will never get that impact player in Free agency.

Look at the big contracts we handed out. Faneca, Calvin Pace, and Bart Scott. All got vastly overpaid.
    Fair enough, but one could also say we over paid for our own talent with Harris and Brick.

We just have to be smarter with our money in general.

I really also have no idea if they will resign Revis or not. I think strong arguments can be made either way. Me personally, I think it is allocating to much for the position, but I could see where others disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Revis is an incredible player, but as of right now, I get everything I possibly can for him, and deal him. We should get at least a first rounder for him. Put our two high draft picks into a WR and someone who can rush the passer.
    This