Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Morning after: moral victory and optimism

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    This is true, and the Jets are a bad team right now.

    But I think this post is highlighting the reasons why the team might be able to get it together and become a good team, maybe even before the end of the year.

    Hill, Kerley, and the continuous improvements in the running game on a week-to-week basis makes this a much better team than the one we saw in Weeks 2-4.
    There are positives on this team for sure. Kerley has been great. Hill is promising despite the drops. Running game has a bit of hope. Pass D is still one of the best units in the league. But the team's most important player remains a negative to me, and that casts a cloud over everything.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I have no morals.

    So what exactly does yesterday's "victory" mean to me?
    It means you get to whine about things like the rest of the masses here at JI.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    looking forward to a thrashing of the stinking sardines on Sunday at Jet Life Stadium and the 4-4 record heading into the bye

    second half of season winnables

    @St Louis
    Arizona
    @Jacksonville
    @Tennessee
    San Diego
    @Buffalo

    and the remaining two games --

    New England
    @Seattle

    will be tough but certainly NOT impossible


    this season is FAR from over and the sky is FAR from falling

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    looking forward to a thrashing of the stinking sardines on Sunday at Jet Life Stadium and the 4-4 record heading into the bye

    second half of season winnables

    @St Louis
    Arizona
    @Jacksonville
    @Tennessee
    San Diego
    @Buffalo

    and the remaining two games --

    New England
    @Seattle

    will be tough but certainly NOT impossible


    this season is FAR from over and the sky is FAR from falling
    If Miami is "sinking" why do they have a better record than us? 12-4 here we come, right?

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    at least 10-6


    sorry, I know how any sort of success for the Jets makes you feel utterly miserable

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    at least 10-6


    sorry, I know how any sort of success for the Jets makes you feel utterly miserable
    I don't define sitting at 3-4 and an OT loss to our most bitter rival as "success." It's obvious you care very little about the product on the field, as long as you can mindlessly beat your chest and trash talk upcoming opponents during the week. Keep predicting Jet blowout victories, your track record there is stellar

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,892
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    That loss really hurts, and I know there is no such thing as a moral victory... but there are some positives to take away from this.

    -the run game is back for real. The Colts game was no fluke.
    -offense movedup and down the field.
    -Kerley is developing into a real player.
    -Sanchez looked in control in crunch time.
    -the D played well again, aside from when Rex put them in prevent.
    -McKnight is a legit RB who deserves more carries.
    -Hill, despite the killer drop, has skills and is getting better as a route runner

    last but not least
    -the Pats are very average and they once again gave away a big 4th quarter lead.
    you forgot that guys are stepping up.

    we might make the playoffs if the improvement continues...

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I don't define sitting at 3-4 and an OT loss to our most bitter rival as "success." It's obvious you care very little about the product on the field, as long as you can mindlessly beat your chest and trash talk upcoming opponents during the week. Keep predicting Jet blowout victories, your track record there is stellar
    It is what it is!
    We lost, we're 3-4 & need to get this next game.
    We lost 4 games & 2 of them were to the only teams in the AFC with winning records & the Steelers who haven't lost at home.

    The other was to a team that will win the NFC western division & probably be in the NFC championship.
    Jets biggest issue right now is injuries. They have to get this next game vs Miami.
    It's crucial.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you forgot that guys are stepping up.

    we might make the playoffs if the improvement continues...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    looking forward to a thrashing of the stinking sardines on Sunday at Jet Life Stadium and the 4-4 record heading into the bye

    second half of season winnables

    @St Louis
    Arizona
    @Jacksonville
    @Tennessee
    San Diego
    @Buffalo

    and the remaining two games --

    New England
    @Seattle

    will be tough but certainly NOT impossible


    this season is FAR from over and the sky is FAR from falling
    The sky isn't falling and the season isn't over. But the only game I see on that list that looks like a sure winner is Jacksonville. It all depends on who shows up...the Jets from weeks 2-4 can lose every other game on that list.

    This is a good thread about the pieces that are starting to come together, and I do think the Jets are capable of a 6-2 run down the stretch. But that's only if they get more consistency from the man under center, and until then there's no reason to be overly confident about this team.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us