Thread: Parcells was right

Parcells was right

You lose games because of Rookie mistakes

Here is a copy of a post I made before this game:

The other important WR will be Hill. His speed alone will have to be respected so Kerley should see some green.
    Bottom line with Hill is that he will get open...will he catch it?, if he does he will be like a man amongst boys out there. The Pats secondary without Chung & Gregory is SMALL!
    There is no way that McCourty can stay will Hill.

So, bottom line is the 3 skill guys that have to come up big, I have faith in one, Kerley. Hill & Cumberland are a crapshoot but if they can manage to hold onto the ball, the opportunity for these two guys to have YAC & big plays will be the difference in the game.
    If Jets can change field position than the running game will get better as the game wears on as long as we don't get 2 scores behind.

Needs to catch it with his hands instead of his chest. I'm far from giving up on him, though (as we all should be).

Hill is young and has a high ceiling. It may take a year or even two, but he's worth the time investment.

His physical tools are enormous. One could argue he's overexposed right now and should really be in a fourth/slot development role.

Look at the outline of how Demariyus Thomas' career went, another big, fast, strong, athletically freakish GT WR (Megatron also from here, amongst others) who took time to develop. He's still in fact developing.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Hill is young and has a high ceiling. It may take a year or even two, but he's worth the time investment.

His physical tools are enormous. One could argue he's overexposed right now and should really be in a fourth/slot development role.

Look at the outline of how Demariyus Thomas' career went, another big, fast, strong, athletically freakish GT WR (Megatron also from here, amongst others) who took time to develop. He's still in fact developing.
    Look at Torrey Smith as well. He was dropping passes on a regular basis last year and then turned it around the last 6 games or so.

That drop yesterday was a result of Hill rushing the catch and wanting to run too soon. Its a cliche, but these guys do have to get used to the speed of the game. Hill spent his career at Georgia Tech running go routes for the most part, he is not as ready as some other guys who come from teams that throw the ball on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Needs to catch it with his hands instead of his chest. I'm far from giving up on him, though (as we all should be).
    Oh, if you look at my repost Im actually lauding Hill, I knew he would get open the guy is an athletic freak but like I said before the game, "will he catch it?"

Answer: Nope

He wanted to make a big play! He's young, he'll learn from repetition, CATCH, then run, CATCH, then run, CATCH then run.
    Kids gonna be GREAT, he is amazingly raw but he's open 24/7!

I effing HATE Santonio Holmes but I guarantee you if that was him on that play, he catches turns & probably scores. Oh well, at least we know we've got some good young talent.
    Hill & Kerley alone will be very good.