Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: we need a true #1 wr.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Hill is doing what rookie WRs do, they learn. The true failing was on Tanny for not addressing the vet WR position better. The position was thin in July, got worse in training camp with injuries, and has continued to be thin during the season. It took losing two starting WRs (Hill and Holmes) for Tanny to address the problem.
    This. It just seem that they jumped on Chaz to end the BE talks. Chaz just has not worked for us yet. Because he missed preseason and keeps getting hurt he has no clue what to do on this O. Sadly though their just wasn't a lot of good options for us.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    when did tanny address the problem?

holmes is a poor excuse for a #1 wr.
    I am talking about signing a veteran WR for depth, Tanny did not do so until after Holmes was hurt.

should hill have caught the ball? yes. but every big time receiver has a drop along the way. truth is, he's extremely young for the league, has raw freakish potential, and is playing way more than he really should be. as someone said above, its a baptism by fire. he'll be fine.

look at it this way, lee evans, a guy who had multiple thousand yard seasons cost his team a super bowl trip with a drop. it happens. (no I'm not comparing hill to evans, two totally different players, its just an example)

larry fitzgerald, calvin johnson, brandon marshall, etc all had drops along the way.

It was a bad drop but Hill consistently gets wide open. He is bright and hard working. He will not be All Pro after 7 games. But I think he can be a Top 10 receiver in the NFL and a true #1 with some experience and probably a good offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by leonwashington2 View Post
    should hill have caught the ball? yes. but every big time receiver has a drop along the way. truth is, he's extremely young for the league, has raw freakish potential, and is playing way more than he really should be. as someone said above, its a baptism by fire. he'll be fine.

look at it this way, lee evans, a guy who had multiple thousand yard seasons cost his team a super bowl trip with a drop. it happens. (no I'm not comparing hill to evans, two totally different players, its just an example)

larry fitzgerald, calvin johnson, brandon marshall, etc all had drops along the way.
    For all the guys who loved BE they should love Hill just as much IMO. Edwards lead the league in drops like 3 of his 1st 5 years in the league. He matured and stopped doing that here. Hill has a lot more raw ability and heart IMO. Once he learns the little things on the field he will be a very good WR.

when did tanny address the problem?

holmes is a poor excuse for a human being.
    FIXED.

All Pro
    Rex, on ESPN NY radio, again says Sunday was Stephen Hill's best gm. "We're raving about this guy" had rookie WR caught ball, Rex said #nyj

JUST CATCH THE DAMN BALL NEXT TIME OK HILL!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! Im still cant believe he dropped it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    You cant draft a WR and immediately expect them to produce like a #1.

You also can not magically obtain a #1 receiver in the middle of the season.

This thread is dumb.
    I agree that the drop was ghastly but overall you have to be reasonable. The young dude is developing and will soon be a major weapon. He has shown enough of his potential to keep him involved in the game and is encouraging to say the least.

Let's not overreact. Kerley has been a revelation for the Jets. What a find.

I don't think anyone is saying that Hill sucks?
    It wasn't his 1st drop this year, he dropped a TD pass vs Steelers
    I'm really down on Schillens & why the hell were we throwing that slant to Schillens?
    What has this guy done to be the 1st choice on a crucial play in the game?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Would rather have a stud runningback who also excels at catching passes out of the backfield like Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Lesean McCoy, Reggie Bush, etc

hills crucial drop yesterday proves this. hes not a go to guy and hes not a clutch wr in any way. hes a #3 at best.

kerley is doing all he can and more give him props.
    Who is going to throw the ball to this WR?

The jagaurs had this same line of thought with Justin Blackmon. Hows that working out?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Rex, on ESPN NY radio, again says Sunday was Stephen Hill's best gm. "We're raving about this guy" had rookie WR caught ball, Rex said #nyj
    It was.

People are looking at 1 play out of 70 plays or so. He blocked well. Consistently got open and played his ass off. We need to work on getting him and Kerley the ball more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    We're also raving about Hill if Sanchez makes a decent pass when he was wide open instead of throwing an INT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why is it either or with folks out here!!!!!!

Couldn't the Jets have obtained a true number 1 WR and drafted Hill??? Is it a rule now that the jets can only have one person catching the ball and obtaining consistent seperation from the defense at a time on the team????

I say do both...