Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Isaiah Trufant

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Post Thanks / Like

    Isaiah Trufant

    Because of the loss and all the other stories his terrific performance goes a little under the radar. He did as good a job against Welker as you can do, especially considering how he almost saw no defensive action in the last couple of weeks.

    Great job by him!

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't he have a couple of nice tackles for a loss?

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,575
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Didn't he have a couple of nice tackles for a loss?
    He blew up the last Welker screen

  4. #4
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    he had back to back tackles for loss (i think in the 4th quarter)...was very impressed by him. did a better job in the slot than wilson normally does.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trufant definitely stepped up yesterday.

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect against lil guys like Welker...

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,747
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very excited about seeing some of these younger guys as the season progresses.
    There is no doubt in my mind that the defense will get better over the 2nd half of the season.

    We just played Big Ben- Shaub- Brady
    I think the 49ers game was similar to last years 45-3 Pats loss, an anomoly coming off the shock of losing Revis, then losing Holmes in that game.

    We get the Chargers at home.
    Hardest road game will be Seattle & Wilson aint no Brady.

    Get Pouha- Ellis back, integrate Davis, Dowtin, ect.
    I'll be a happy Jet fan if we are 4-4 at the break.
    I think the offense is getting better too.

  8. #8
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buying.

    (Upgraded from "WTF?")

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Because of the loss and all the other stories his terrific performance goes a little under the radar. He did as good a job against Welker as you can do, especially considering how he almost saw no defensive action in the last couple of weeks.

    Great job by him!
    nice thread. Agreed.

    When I saw the screen blown up I said outloud "No way Wilson made that play". Then I realized it was trufant.

    Him and Davis played pretty well but wont get mentioned much.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I'm very excited about seeing some of these younger guys as the season progresses.
    There is no doubt in my mind that the defense will get better over the 2nd half of the season.

    We just played Big Ben- Shaub- Brady
    I think the 49ers game was similar to last years 45-3 Pats loss, an anomoly coming off the shock of losing Revis, then losing Holmes in that game.

    We get the Chargers at home.
    Hardest road game will be Seattle & Wilson aint no Brady.

    Get Pouha- Ellis back, integrate Davis, Dowtin, ect.
    I'll be a happy Jet fan if we are 4-4 at the break.
    I think the offense is getting better too.
    I'm really only concerned about the Pats, Seahawks, and Cards games out of the remaining schedule. And, after the way all 3 of those teams have been playing compared to us, I'm definitely not as worried now.

    If we just play well like we can, I can see 9-7 or 10-6. Considering how bad the AFC is this year, that could be enough for a wild card. Who knows.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Hardest road game will be Seattle & Wilson aint no Brady.
    Wilson does not scare me in the least. I think it will be a low-scoring affair and the Jets really just need to play smart, no turnover ball. No reason they can't win that game.

    What worries me a bit is the STL game on a short week into the NE game. Standard trap game - espc. if Seattle is a win for us.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Wilson does not scare me in the least. I think it will be a low-scoring affair and the Jets really just need to play smart, no turnover ball. No reason they can't win that game.

    What worries me a bit is the STL game on a short week into the NE game. Standard trap game - espc. if Seattle is a win for us.
    What should worry you about the Rams is Greg "Legatron" Zuerlein. His chip shot is like 40 or 50 yards.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    985
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I think the 49ers game was similar to last years 45-3 Pats loss, an anomoly coming off the shock of losing Revis, then losing Holmes in that game.
    Look at the ravens yesterday - when you lose your best players teams get shell-shocked. Good teams with good coaches can recover. I'm very impressed with our play the last 3 weeks, if we can keep it up we have a shot.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What should worry you about the Rams is Greg "Legatron" Zuerlein. His chip shot is like 40 or 50 yards.
    Ah yes - true Well, at least Folk has looked strangely dominant of late.

    The 'good' thing about being a scrappy, hurt team is that the coaches really have to mold themselves to the play of their opponent instead of taking a 'we do what we always do' kind of approach - so hopefully the Jets will work hard - even during the upcoming bye [coaches] to put together an understanding of how the next three games [Seattle, STL, NE] are going to go.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trufant did play well yesterday, no doubt. Definitely would have liked to see him on the field covering Welker on the last drive instead of D. Davis (WTF was that??).

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was good sometimes, bad sometimes, brilliant a few times.

    Welker still caught 6 passes for 10 a clip.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without his two play sequence when it is 23-13, NE is on their way to a 30-13 rout. Great job.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone else catch him the one play covering gronkowski? Thank god brady didn't lol

    He can cover pretty well though when he is lined up against wr's around his height

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leonwashington2 View Post
    he had back to back tackles for loss (i think in the 4th quarter)...was very impressed by him. did a better job in the slot than wilson normally does.
    I noticed that as well. He really stepped up to the plate and made life difficult for Welker and co. Our secondary led by Cro have really manned up in Revis' absence. Even Wilson has been making his improvements too.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leonwashington2 View Post
    he had back to back tackles for loss (i think in the 4th quarter)...was very impressed by him. did a better job in the slot than wilson normally does.
    That role is more suited to his skillset than it is Wilson.

    Wilson should be playing on the outside all the time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us