Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isaiah Trufant

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the coaches like Trufant. He seems to be getting the more difficult assignments compared to Wilson.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope he continues to contribute.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trufant played great against Wesley, he always was an ok player its just that he's the size of snooki. This was a great match up for him to step up n show what he can do n he delivered. It really leveled the playing field for him to actually cover someone his own size. Him and McKnight showed me something yesterday. Proud of both of them. A lot of Welkers yards were off of screens so its even more of an impressive performance than what the stats show.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    Trufant played great against Wesley, he always was an ok player its just that he's the size of snooki. This was a great match up for him to step up n show what he can do n he delivered. It really leveled the playing field for him to actually cover someone his own size. Him and McKnight showed me something yesterday. Proud of both of them. A lot of Welkers yards were off of screens so its even more of an impressive performance than what the stats show.
    I wish more receivers were 4 feet tall, lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    nice thread. Agreed.

When I saw the screen blown up I said outloud "No way Wilson made that play". Then I realized it was trufant.

Him and Davis played pretty well but wont get mentioned much.
    Actually tackling and making plays at the line of scrimmage is one of Wilson's strength....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trufant > Wilson.

Yeah, I went there.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I wish more receivers were 4 feet tall, lol
    LOL me too, or better yet we can just use really tall cadaver legs and implant them into Trufants. Is Manute Bol dead yet?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm really only concerned about the Pats, Seahawks, and Cards games out of the remaining schedule. And, after the way all 3 of those teams have been playing compared to us, I'm definitely not as worried now.

If we just play well like we can, I can see 9-7 or 10-6. Considering how bad the AFC is this year, that could be enough for a wild card. Who knows.
    Cards are junk on the road. The only two teams we should lose to are the Pats and Seattle. Maybe beat pats and have fluke loss against Buff.

6-2 is very doable if they play like they have in the last 3 weeks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was freaking amazing... How did he even make the team? Heart! pure Heart.

Hey mister! Give us our ball back!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    He was good sometimes, bad sometimes, brilliant a few times.

Welker still caught 6 passes for 10 a clip.
    I think everyone takes that when you have your 4th/5th CB on Welker who made a few of those catches against others...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trufant looked damn good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    Trufant played a bunch in the beginning of the year. During our first loss of the season (IRRC) he was covering a bigger guy and he got owned.

That said, he played great on Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    He was freaking amazing... How did he even make the team? Heart! pure Heart.

Hey mister! Give us our ball back!
    Here we see Isaiah Trufant fulfilling his young dream of playing a game of NFL football during the NFL's Play-60 event.
    Last edited by McGinley; 10-23-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by estang74 View Post
    Cards are junk on the road. The only two teams we should lose to are the Pats and Seattle. Maybe beat pats and have fluke loss against Buff.

6-2 is very doable if they play like they have in the last 3 weeks.
    Still have to beat the Dolphins this weekend. That's not an easy task....they are playing well.