Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barnwell said the fumble should have been a personal foul

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Wrong. I record the games on my computer and I've looked at the play ten times from all 3 angles replayed on CBS. Cunningham does beat Moore on the inside, and Hilliard gets in the way of letting Moore stay with his block. But Moore keeps an arm on Cunningham and pushes him off balance to the ground where he grabs Sanchez by the ankle and Ninkovich makes the tackle.

No penalty.
    Okay. Point taken. But I would like to hear your opinion on the following:

1. The clock not moving on the Mccourty kickoff return for a few seconds. Yes, we didnt know he would fumble. But that makes it MORE egregious. Operator doesnt start the clock right away so the Pats have an extra play before the 2:00 warning.
    2. No flag for unsportsmanlike on the Cromartie forced fumble at the 1. Bellichick threw the challenge flag on a automatically reviewable play. Refsa have called that in other games this year.
    3. The most egregious in my opinion, the Wilson PI call in OT. Referree standing right over the play no call, but another ref, no exagerration, 25.5 (76.5 feet) yards away makes the call. Has that even ever hapenned before? Same play a few plays later and ref didnt call it again.

Bewildered Beast
    I hate to be the one to have to inform you but the Jets lost. Probably not smart to call them out on their own board.

Oh. I'm still very sorry.
    Take a day to remember you are a guest here.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Take a day to remember you are a guest here.

I said it when it happened. It's a clear personal foul. Of course, because it's Sanchez you can hit him in the face, knees, spear him in the back, doesn't matter. He NEVER EVER EVER gets that call.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I said it when it happened. It's a clear personal foul. Of course, because it's Sanchez you can hit him in the face, knees, spear him in the back, doesn't matter. He NEVER EVER EVER gets that call.
    it's OK.

on Thursday, the NFL will announce that Cunningham was fined $5K for an illegal hit on Sanchez. so everything will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Wow. I did not realize this was the rule that you cant hit a QB below the knees. I thought the rule was just that you couldnt tackle a QB while you were already on the ground. This post actually supports that it was a penalty.

LOL. In the 2nd parapgraph the guy actually claims something that didnt happen, but what he claims is a penalty too! You cant crawl to the QB and tackle him while already on the ground. That is a penalty.
    That's not quite it...

Actually,
    I just looked for clarification of the rule and there are some 2009 articles that explain it...(BTW ,I'm still not totally clear)

It seems to emphasize a lunge from the ground that's not part of the crawl or normal tackle...(confusing still)

omplaints aside, the clarification is on the books for the 2009 season (and beyond, no doubt), which means that we can expect a flurry of flags anytime a defender gets close to a quarterback's knees. NFL official Terry McAulay explained the nuances of the clarification during a recent visit to Patriots' training camp:

"We're looking for forcible contact, basically forearm, shoulder, or helmet right into his knee or below,'' McAulay told the Boston Globe. "A normal tackle is rarely a roughing-the-passer foul; it's that dangerous hit, right at the knee when he lunges, that we're looking at. Obviously, a player thrown into the quarterback or something like that would not be a foul. But that lunge, that forcible contact, anything at the knee or below, we're going to be pretty tight on.''
    http://www.aolnews.com/2009/08/06/nf...clarification/

If you're going to go by the quote, I don't think the Brady rule was broken. He grabbed him around the ankle but the above quote seems to indicate that intent might be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i know this isn't an official link, but here it is. http://www.ehow.com/list_6730101_nfl...arterback.html
    you're wrong in your post.
    He is not hitting him with his body below the knee. He is reaching out to him with his arm, his is grasping him, hot punching, a forearm shiver or anything like that.
    Last edited by patman; 10-22-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    CBS showed the replay from 3 different angles but they were focused on what could be reviewed, was it a fumble or did the Tuck Rule apply. The non call was not reviewable.
    No. I was refering to the nonexistent PI call that allowed your team to get into FG range!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He is not hitting him with his body below the knee. He is reaching out to him with his arm, his is grasping him, hot punching, a forearm shiver or anything like that.
    hot punching??

that's definitely indicative of the "Brady Rule"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Okay. Point taken. But I would like to hear your opinion on the following:

1. The clock not moving on the Mccourty kickoff return for a few seconds. Yes, we didnt know he would fumble. But that makes it MORE egregious. Operator doesnt start the clock right away so the Pats have an extra play before the 2:00 warning.
    2. No flag for unsportsmanlike on the Cromartie forced fumble at the 1. Bellichick threw the challenge flag on a automatically reviewable play. Refsa have called that in other games this year.
    3. The most egregious in my opinion, the Wilson PI call in OT. Referree standing right over the play no call, but another ref, no exagerration, 25.5 (76.5 feet) yards away makes the call. Has that even ever hapenned before? Same play a few plays later and ref didnt call it again.

This last one was OUTRAGEOUS and cost us the game and I am sick of the the Jets having to beat the Pats and the NFL.....

A minor- nit picking- correction. It's not "the Brady rule".

The rule was put in after a Steeler player took out Carson Palmer's knee 2 years before. You would think that someone in the media, who comes off smarter than everyone else, would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    [/B]

This last one was OUTRAGEOUS and cost us the game and I am sick of the the Jets having to beat the Pats and the NFL.....
    I've been looking for video of that.. has anyone found any? They didn't show it on the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Why are the Jets fans still talking about the Pats?

Are you prenteding to be STUPID??

It's a Jet board numbnuts..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Take a day to remember you are an unwanted guest here.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I've been looking for video of that.. has anyone found any? They didn't show it on the replay.
    Yes, they did show it on replay. They showed an aerial view of the play showing ref who threw the flag was at roughly the 25 yard line when the play happened at the 50.

Trust me, I was also too upset when they first showed the replay during the game but I noticed they did show that shot when I watched on my DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Bottom line is that the refs are horrible, but it's something that every team has to overcome.
    vull crap teh pats had to over three missed calls and 3 calls that could have went either way
    The nfl is covering up poor officiating and I for one am done with it. I will email the nfl and encouraging all fans to do so till it is corrected.
    Unforgivable
    I will not purchase the ticket or another piece of nfl merchandise if other poeple do the same it hits them where it hurts.
    They owe the fans a good product and they can not deleiver that product then why buy it

Quote Originally Posted by #1Patriot View Post
    A minor- nit picking- correction. It's not "the Brady rule".

The rule was put in after a Steeler player took out Carson Palmer's knee 2 years before. You would think that someone in the media, who comes off smarter than everyone else, would know that.

fu cheater minor nitpicking the refs blew the call like the way bellicheat blows the ref

Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    fu cheater minor nitpicking the refs blew the call like the way bellicheat blows the ref
    Ok then, I enjoy a good discussion but I have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    Florida's finest

Let me interject with an intelligent and non biased opinion.....Bradys Ghey!!....as well as that little twerp Welker!