Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We Lost This Game Because Rex Ryan's Strategy Doesn't Work, Not Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Jets have played with some heart these past three weeks, kudos to Ryan and the coaching staff for getting them ready.

That said, in the recent Ryan Era we know that we can no longer beat teams that will end the season with a winning record and we know that we go a little better than .600 against the scrubs. In looking at the remainder of the season, should play out like this:

W 8 Sun, Oct 28 Dolphins
    L 10 Sun, Nov 11 @ Seahawks
    L 11 Sun, Nov 18 @ Rams
    L 12 Thu, Nov 22 Patriots
    L 13 Sun, Dec 2 Cardinals
    W 14 Sun, Dec 9 @ Jaguars
    W 15 Mon, Dec 17 @ Titans
    L 16 Sun, Dec 23 Chargers
    L 17 Sun, Dec 30 @ Bills

That's 6-10 at best, 7-9 if you think the Chargers will freeze in NJ. I had 'em at 5-11.

Give the boys an A+ for effort. Give Mike Tannenbaum an F for so little young talent. Give Rex Ryan an F for his stupid strategy that can't work in today's NFL.

SAR I
    I try to stay out of these debates, because you'd have valid points if you didn't go so overboard with them. Unfortunately, posts like these just can't be accepted as "fact".

Here's how the Jets have done in the Rex era, broken down by record the team finished the year with (playoffs included):

above 500 -- 10-12 (.454 winning percentage)
    at 500 -- 4-3 (.571 winning percentage)
    below 500 -- 18-7 (.72 winning percentage)

Last year we didn't beat ANYONE with a winning record, but we went 6-1 against teams with losing records. So if that trend continues, we should expect the following results:

W 8 Sun, Oct 28 Dolphins
    L 10 Sun, Nov 11 @ Seahawks
    W 11 Sun, Nov 18 @ Rams
    L 12 Thu, Nov 22 Patriots
    L 13 Sun, Dec 2 Cardinals
    W 14 Sun, Dec 9 @ Jaguars
    W 15 Mon, Dec 17 @ Titans
    L 16 Sun, Dec 23 Chargers
    W 17 Sun, Dec 30 @ Bills

Of course there's no reason to think these results will stand true, but that puts us at 8-8. Far from an elite team, but also far from the "joke" so many people/fans try to make us out to be . . .

Our defense was handed a 3 point lead with 90 seconds left on the clock and they blew it. Twice.

I can rattle off 4 or 5 games against elite competition that played out the exact same way up to the 2:00 point, Sanchez playing efficiently, overcoming a deficit, giving us a lead late where the defense stepped up and shut down the likes of the Patriots, Steelers, or Chargers. Problem is, that was in 2009.

Since then, the defense can't stop a team late to seal a victory. Can't do it. You can't find me a single example in the 2010, 2011, or 2012 seasons. I dare you to do so. Go ahead, find one. Just one. Lead late, D needs a big stop to seal it, they do.

You can't. Get it through your head: This team is built to win it on defense and a ground game and they don't. Mark's heroics saved their asses in 2010, just doesn't have the horses anymore. It's the defense that's f-cking up. Last minute drives, Tebow going 99, dumb penalties, no third down stops. Defense. Defense, defense, defense. Our problem is the defense.

/End Poster. Dump.

SAR I
    2011 vs Buffalo

We won 28-24

Buffalo got the ball with 1:01 left....drove to our 24, we held and won the game.

Fitz finished the last series with a 3 yard run and 3 consecutive incompletions to seal the win.

Nice argument though

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I thought Vinny was the best QB we've had since Joe?
    Vinny had the best single-season since Namath, no question, but Mark had the best set of abilities to last us a decade since Namath.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    2011 vs Buffalo

We won 28-24

Buffalo got the ball with 1:01 left....drove to our 24, we held and won the game.

Fitz finished the last series with a 3 yard run and 3 consecutive incompletions to seal the win.

Nice argument though
    is that the game where stevie johnson dropped the go ahead td pass?

2011 vs Buffalo

We won 28-24

Nice argument though
    two quick ones off the top of my head.

San Diego game last year...Wilson gets the pick to seal the game

OT game vs Minnesota 2011, Lowery with the pick 6 in OT

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by InRex_WeTrust View Post
    Mark has been surrounded with great offensive talent sans this year.
    This is the dumbest statement I have ever heard concerning the Jets offensive skill positions over these last three years!!!!

Why only you our GM and Rex think this!!!

Good Grief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    Pretty sure yes....sometimes you get a break and sometimes you dont

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

2011 vs Buffalo

We won 28-24

Nice argument though
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post

Oh, you mean this one? The one where the D blew leads twice? Mark Sanchez' best performance as a pro?

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- This was one frantic finish the New York Jets might consider a turning point if they end up pulling off another late-season

Mark Sanchez threw a career-high four touchdown passes, including the winning 16-yard score to Santonio Holmes with just over a minute remaining, as the Jets kept pace in the AFC playoff race with a 28-24 comeback victory over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.

"He's at his best," coach Rex Ryan said of his quarterback, "in big moments."

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This is the dumbest statement I have ever heard concerning the Jets offensive skill positions over these last three years!!!!

Why only you our GM and Rex think this!!!

Good Grief!!!
    you are clueless

in 2010 we had LT, Greene, Keller, Braylon, Holmes, Cotchery

with a top 3 offensive line...easily one of the best assortment of Jets skill position players in team history

2011, swap Kerley for Cotchery, Plax for Braylon...slight drop offs, but still more than adequate for any average qb.

Oh, you mean this one? The one where the D blew leads twice? Mark Sanchez' best performance as a pro?

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- This was one frantic finish the New York Jets might consider a turning point if they end up pulling off another late-season

Mark Sanchez threw a career-high four touchdown passes, including the winning 16-yard score to Santonio Holmes with just over a minute remaining, as the Jets kept pace in the AFC playoff race with a 28-24 comeback victory over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.

"He's at his best," coach Rex Ryan said of his quarterback, "in big moments."

SAR I
    You said our defense hadnt held a lead in years, so I provided an example when they did.

As usual, you kick and scream with your BS, overstate facts, and then when someone shows you your statement is totally wrong, you try to spin it.

Who cares if sanchez had 10 TDs, the defense was given a lead, and held to win. DONE AND DONE

Jets Insider VIP
    As noted, that Buffalo game isn't a good example because of blown leads and Johnson dropping the ball. Rex D even in 2009 couldnt close out tight games. Remember Falcons and Jags games?
    Last edited by SMC; 10-22-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

You said our defense hadnt held a lead in years, so I provided an example when they did.

As usual, you kick and scream with your BS, overstate facts, and then when someone shows you your statement is totally wrong, you try to spin it.

Who cares if sanchez had 10 TDs, the defense was given a lead, and held to win. DONE AND DONE
    Fine. LOL. One example. But that's with an asterisk considering it was Buffalo, we had a late lead that was blown, and Sanchez threw 4 touchdowns including the necessary go-ahead with a minute left in a game that should never have been that close anyway.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    You mean when Stevie Johnson dropped the ball in the middle of the field that wouldve scored the game winning TD?
    Ok fine - apparently we dont count drops.

Then how about SD last year. Held Rivers to 4 and out after going up 27-21 and we kneel out the game.

There are 2 examples from last year alone after blowhard SAR said it hasnt happened ONCE in 3 years.

Its very tiring to see his crap over and over again on here....

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

It all comes down to the bull**** ideology that people follow; a QB should get most of the credit in victory, and most of the blame in defeat.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Just about everything looked good yesterday except the coaching. A bad INT by Sanchez, a drop by Hill and the Special Teams TD were the big uh-oh's but in general, the Jets WERE grounding and pounding and they WERE playing solid defense.

This loss falls on the coaching IMO. Poor play selection gave us 3 points instead of a possible 7 by not rushing from inside the 3 yard line when we'd driven all the way down the field. Poor clock management left too much time at the end of the game. And finally, a quasi-prevent defense at the end of the game let the Pats come down the field about 60 yards in just over a minute.

However, I will say that this is a vastly better looking Jets team than the one that seemed to be going off the rails just a few weeks ago against the 49ers. These guys are playing hard for Rex, the D is improving and the running game is better. I have hope.

They goofed the game yesterday...but we could VERY easily be sitting here talking about a 4-3 AFC East leading NY Jets team....and three weeks ago that would have been unfathomable. This team has been very competitive the last three weeks - a close loss the conference-leading Texans, a big Win over Indianapolis, and a very close loss on the road yesterday to a good Patriots team.

The Jets seem to be a good football team and I think they'll compete for a Wildcard this year.
    A breath of fresh air....Thanks..

Chicken **** call not going for it on the two yard line. The Jets were running the ball well Green or Tebow would have gotten it! Maybe the weight loss went to his brain!

I'm not going to argue that Mark Sanchez could have played better. He could have.

The point is that the DEFENSE didn't play better. They didn't stop the run. They didn't get to Brady. Our vaunted badass safeties couldn't stop the TE's. Our great DB couldn't catch a duck INT.

We did not lose this game on one or two Mark Sanchez mistakes; the only reason we got into OT to begin with was because of Mark Sanchez heroics.

SAR I
    The most sickening part to me is that that for a majority of this game, the secondary actually did a very good job of stopping their offense. But on the final drive, after they had plenty of time to rest up, they played like sh*t. No way around it. We can talk about the conservative play-calling in the red zone, we can talk about the Hill drop, but at the end of the day, there was very little time on the clock and the pats had one time-out. All the defense had to do was go out there and play like they had for the entire game and we're all here cheering the Jets on and discussing how great of a game it was.

Instead they did what they've been doing since the 2010 AFC championship game. Choking when it matters most. It doesn't matter if you shut an offense out for the entire game, if they are able come back at the end of a game because you just couldn't stop them, you didn't do your job. Mark Sanchez is the reason we were in this game. Our defense is why we lost.

There are 20 "Sanchez sucks" threads on the Landing Strip.

Not a single one on "The Defense BLOWS Especially Late In Games Since 2010".

Amazing. Our crippled offense under a beleaguered QB with no receiving weapons and a porous OL gives us a 4th quarter lead AND a rested front seven and we....and we.....and we.....

Let them march down the field in a minute and a half. Twice. And we lose. Blame Mark Sanchez!

SAR I
    The defensive play calling was filthy on the Patriots game tying drive at the end of regulation. It's one thing if you have a touchdown lead, then you play the game of give up 10-15 yards at a time in exchange for time off the clock. With only a field goal lead, you do that for 3 plays, and the other team is already in field goal range with a couple chances at the endzone. They did it ass backwards as far as how they called the last defensive drive. That's the way to go if you're milking a touchdown lead, as opposed to holding on for dear life by a field goal. The thing to do there is try to pressure the quarterback, play pass coverage and make them beat with you them under the gun (having been down late for the first time in the game). Instead Rex and Pettine come up with a 3 man rush and allow them to waltz their way down the field. Up to that point, the defense had played admirably against the best offense in the league, despite not having an interception and much pressure on the quarterback. But, in the end, it's inexcusable that the two supposed best defensive play callers in the NFL did it completely backwards with how they decided to call the last drive.

And so it goes, regardless of how it happened, all is right in the world, the Patriots win, and the Jets lose. That's the ballgame until Brady and Belichick decide to retire somewhere within the next 5-10 years, and then you just hope by then the Jets team has been retooled to be a serious contender, and that Miami or Buffalo don't find their next Dan Marino or Jim Kelly in the meantime.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 10-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by InRex_WeTrust View Post
    you are clueless

in 2010 we had LT, Greene, Keller, Braylon, Holmes, Cotchery

with a top 3 offensive line...easily one of the best assortment of Jets skill position players in team history
    2011, swap Kerley for Cotchery, Plax for Braylon...slight drop offs, but still more than adequate for any average qb.
    Ok you convinced me that Sanchez has been working with the best collection of offensive skill positions in Jets history!!!

Oh Boy!