View Poll Results: What's most to blame for yesterday's loss?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephen Hill's dropped pass with less than 2 minutes to go

28 22.76%
  • Poor coaching (passing on 3rd and goal from inside 3, bad clock management)

46 37.40%
  • Defense not holding the lead with 1:30 remaining

19 15.45%
  • Sanchez's QB performance (328 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 90.3 rating)

15 12.20%
  • Other

15 12.20%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you blame most for yesterday's loss to New England?

Hall Of Fame
    The biggest single play in deciding the game yesterday was the very delayed and extremely long distance PI call on Wilson in OT.

If that call is not made they have to punt and I think we find a way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    In that case I got to go with i) Aunt Jemima...

In all seriousness, the fatal flaw IMO was the 3rd and 1 call on the goal line at the end of the half. You had been successful running it down our throats all day so to call a pass there, from the shotgun no less, was terrible coaching. Isn't that the exact reason we all heard all off-season why you traded for Tebow in the first place? Score a TD there and nothing else matters.
    I know you're trolling, but I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

The worst that could have happened was a Patriot TD. 2 is better than 7 and you don't coach a QB to try to pick up a loose football bouncing around in the endzone.
    In this context you'd hope a good QB would realize he's the only one close to the ball, and pick it up and fling it. It would've been another 2-3 seconds before the nearest patriot defender got there.

You can blame Sanchez, Sparano's play calling and then Hill's drop for not capitalizing in the redzone.
    I agree the play calling wasn't very good and the drop was horrendous. Sanchez certainly didn't bail the team out though.

By giving up the FG?
    Nope, the game wasn't over until he decided to cough up the ball and end it.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    The D is supposed to be the strength of this team and they showed once again that they can't get stops when they need to.
    And this is what I've said Ad Nauseum.

Had they made the stop when it was absolutely CRUCIAL to(1:30 left in regulation with the Jets up by 3), all the "mistakes" that Mark did or that the Coaching Staff did or that the Special Teams did.....would be swept aside 'cause the only thing that really matters in the end is a 'W'.

The Defense had a chance to put a stamp on a big Jets 'W' but came up small....as usual.

Mark, throughout all his faults during the game, put the team in a position to WIN....and the Defense couldn't secure it. Sorry but Mark doesn't play Defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The drop by Hill. He catches that, we win. He either would've gotten a touchdown or we would've been able to run down the clock and leave the Pats with no more time.
    This you don't get a pass in dropping passess in big games at crucial moments. If a fan were taken out from the stands and had the guts to get on the field and said he could catch the ball in a professional game I would hold him responsible for fropping a perfectly thrown ball....

So I know in the big picture that Hill is a rookie but for this one game he cost us the game plain and simple. You make a wide open play we win!!!! You don't get to say "well sanchez missed me in the first half, so...." that is just NONSENSE....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    In that case I got to go with i) Aunt Jemima...

In all seriousness, the fatal flaw IMO was the 3rd and 1 call on the goal line at the end of the half. You had been successful running it down our throats all day so to call a pass there, from the shotgun no less, was terrible coaching. Isn't that the exact reason we all heard all off-season why you traded for Tebow in the first place? Score a TD there and nothing else matters.

That was a bad call and I was as sick at that call as I was at the Jets playing for the field goal in Pittsburgh in the playoffs!!!!

Good Grief!!!!

The D is supposed to be the strength of this team and they showed once again that they can't get stops when they need to.
    this is the fundamental problem with the jets. it doesn't matter who the qb is. they can't protect close leads in the 4th quarter. this has been going on for years under rex. it happened when revis was playing. when scott was playing. when jenkins was playing.

the jets defense looked pathetic on 2 consecutive drives by the pats. they were getting gashed in the running game earlier in the year, they gave up 130 yards yesterday on the ground. it's not 'just the pass', 'just the run', 'just the pass rush'. it's just that the defense is average, and it's just the one thing rex can't admit b/c then every loss isn't just sanchez's fault.

other in 3 of our 4 losses we have helped the other team by not being consistant bad passes bad drops tiping bad passes missed tackles penalties.the great team don't beat themselves and we have doe it plenty so far this season once the light turns on and we realize we are in our own way then we will fulfill our potential which I see we have a lot of. I.e sanchez stop saying "we have to play better" and just go out and do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Jets were down 3. If they don't score a TD and wind down the clock to kick a FG the game still goes to OT
    My bad, you are correct. I still think that on a 1st and goal (assuming he got tackled and did not make it in), that we would've got in and won

All Pro
    Stephen Hill's dropped pass with less than 2 minutes to go

Poor coaching (passing on 3rd and goal from inside 3, bad clock management)

Defense not holding the lead with 1:30 remaining

Sanchez's QB performance (328 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 90.3 rating)

Other
    All four. Add a special teams breakdown on the kickoff return and WR drops.

i am amazed that so many jet fans are all too willing to blame sanchez for this loss and absolve the defense, special teams and coaching, not to mention anyone else on the offense.

if the nfl wanted every game to be decided by the qb and only the qb, they'd have dedicated wrs and cbs and have sanchez and brady throw to the same guys and wilkerson and wilfork would hold up their hands and count 'one mississippi, two mississippi'....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    Sanchez's 3 turnovers should be an option, 2 of which directly resulted in points for the Patriots and points off the board.
    absolutely correct!

Lack of a pass rusher that can end a game with a sack hurts the Jets once again. Rushing 3 and having the safeties deep didnt help either.

All League
    Yesterdays game came down to bad coaching...

Practice Squad
    How anyone can blame Sanchez for this loss is beyond me.

Coaching was the biggest reason we lost the game.

Not running it twice straight ahead on the patriots 2 was ****ing stupid.

Conservative play calling on bradys drive to tie the game was also ****ing stupid.

And not going for the win but settling for a field goal before bradys last drive was ****ing stupid.

I voted C against the defense, but I cant believe lets blame Sanchez has as much votes as the defense. Sure he made some mistakes, but lets not assume Hill was going to catch a perfectly thrown ball for a walk in TD. What Sanchez did do was get us the lead with a fine second half performance. If Greene (not surprised) and Hill make those catches he would have been 18 for 20, maybe 19 for 20 if Kerley didn't slip.
    When it counted the Offense got it done, the special teams got it done (Folk is a beast), but the defense did not get it done!!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    B, C and D.

BTW, D is very misleading.
    I agree that D is very misleading it doesn't adjust the stats to show Hill and Schillens drops.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    One thing? Sanchez' throw to Hill on the INT. Make that throw on time and we win the game.

Hell, don't fumble deep in your own territory and we win the game.
    Umm I don't know about that. It's easy to say if we scored there we win, but there was way too much time left in the game and there's no telling how it would have played out after that.

That's like saying if a baserunner didn't get thrown out at 2nd base, the next guy up would've hit a 2 run homer instead of a solo shot... you have no idea how things work out next.

But the Hill drop is one play where you can point to and say it would've changed the dynamic of the game and most certainly would've taken more time off the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    I voted C against the defense, but I cant believe lets blame Sanchez has as much votes as the defense. Sure he made some mistakes, but lets not assume Hill was going to catch a perfectly thrown ball for a walk in TD. What Sanchez did do was get us the lead with a fine second half performance. If Greene (not surprised) and Hill make those catches he would have been 18 for 20, maybe 19 for 20 if Kerley didn't slip.
    When it counted the Offense got it done, the special teams got it done (Folk is a beast), but the defense did not get it done!!
    if the defense and coaches got as much blame as sanchez, rex would be crying every day.

All Pro
    For this particular game I blame the coaching. Sparano and Rex blew this more than the players.