Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Sanchez Real Problem

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Floral Park, NY
    Posts
    2,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    what throws has sanchez been making that are winning us games?
    He had good and Bad yesterday, the TD to Keller, I still don't know how he got that through to him... He had another up the seam to a covered Keller that came in right over his head, in stride.... had atleast 2 throws he parachuted into Kerley down the side line...

    Then on the other side as said earlier...can't throw the screen...(part of that is I don't think he sells it well, there is always a defender right there)... strugles with accuracy to wide open targets...makes them dive for balls or wait for balls... and the throw that was supposed to hit Stephen Hill in the endzone was just awful... way short.

    I don't think it's time to give up on him...maybe like others have said he's still learning what he didn't in college. Doesn't mean he can't work these things out....

    Kearly's been great, but he's still a kid... Hill dropped that pass. but we've seen other receivers drop easy balls, thinking about a move they're going to make... from where we were in everyone's eyes just before the Texans game, we're in better shape... These next 3 games determine what we are for this year.... 2+ loses we're done and maybe it's time to see what McElroy can do... 2+ wins and I think we're still in the Division/Wild Card hunt and hopefuly on an upswing.-

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Exactly. Those of us who wanted Sanchez to eventually have a role in our offense like Eli, or Rodgers, or Brady, or Brees, I think eventually you might have to just realize he isn't that type of player and lacks the skill level and fundamentals to ever be a guy like that. Maybe it's lack of confidence, maybe it's mechanics, maybe some of it is revolving supporting cast, but at this point the guy is what he is. He's not suddenly going to have 5 straight turnover free games and toss 13 TDs over that span. That's just not what he is. The question is whether he can minimize the mistakes enough to allow the D and the running game to win us games.
    Mark Sanchez is Brad Johnson. He's better than a Trent Dilfer type, and can put up decent numbers when the rest of the team is clicking, but not someone who can be counted on to put the team on his back.

    The bad news is, he can't put the team on his back. But the good news is, Brad Johnson was a two-time pro-bowler and a SB winner. After watching Sanchez for 3+ seasons, I'd sign up for that.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    That's a horrible thing to say, man. I know you want a New QB but even so, you should have more class than to wish injury on someone...especially when that someone is the QB of our team.
    Actually, it's not. Rex is right about Sanchez being the Jets best option at QB and as long as he's an option,i don't believe this team will bench him. A high ankle sprain would allow the Jets to sit Sanchez with the ability to bring him back after he heals without much conversation from the media and the fans.

    I really don't believe Tebow is an option and the sooner that is proven the better so it can be dismissed. The real Question that needs to be answered is what McElroy's role on this team is moving forward. Is he a competent backup or just a player taking up a roster spot that can be improved upon.

    If McElroy is not even an option as a backup,there has to be someone somewhere that the Jets can have on the roster should the starting QB ever be lost for a game or 2. Do u guys realize that all it will take for Tebow to be the starter is for Mark Sanchez to suffer what might look like a concussion. With the new CBA rules he would be almost forced to sit out 1 game.

    Atleast i didn't post about wanting the guy to get hit in the head. I don't want Sanchez to get injured,but the Jets need to find out the truth about their QB situation and IMHO, this is the best way.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    That's a horrible thing to say, man. I know you want a New QB but even so, you should have more class than to wish injury on someone...especially when that someone is the QB of our team.
    I seem to remember spending a week or so in the JI penalty box specifically for "wishing injury on a Jet player"

    And that guy wasn't close to being an NFL quarterback whereas Mark Sanchez has either the best or second best winning pct of any Jet regulsr season QB and the best postseason winning pct of any Jet QB by far.

    Jet "realists" - really just unbelievable

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Matt Cassel says hi. Coincidentally, probably the only other veteran starting who has had major calls to be replaced by the backup.

    Actually, I would imagine Fitzpatrick's seat has to be absolute fire at this point too.
    Fitzpatrick is a joke. Sanchez is defenitely a superior QB than him. Fitzpatrick in all his playing time, I can review game by game, but in his entire career has yet to have a SINGLE good game against a good defense. We have seen Sanchez have good games against good defenses, even in the playoffs, and every time Fitz has faced one he has crapped the bed.

    Not to mention this year, how many of his interceptions cost the bills the game? And how many of his TD's were in garbage time? There were 3 alone in the Jets game. I believe there were 2 in the Pats game as well.

    Fitzpatrick is a much less successful version of Chad Pennington. Never play well against the good defenses, smart, and plays extremely well against the bad defenses. Only differences are Chad was derailed by injuries and actually helped lead his team to the playoffs a few times.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Actually, it's not. Rex is right about Sanchez being the Jets best option at QB and as long as he's an option,i don't believe this team will bench him. A high ankle sprain would allow the Jets to sit Sanchez with the ability to bring him back after he heals without much conversation from the media and the fans.

    I really don't believe Tebow is an option and the sooner that is proven the better so it can be dismissed. The real Question that needs to be answered is what McElroy's role on this team is moving forward. Is he a competent backup or just a player taking up a roster spot that can be improved upon.

    If McElroy is not even an option as a backup,there has to be someone somewhere that the Jets can have on the roster should the starting QB ever be lost for a game or 2. Do u guys realize that all it will take for Tebow to be the starter is for Mark Sanchez to suffer what might look like a concussion. With the new CBA rules he would be almost forced to sit out 1 game.

    Atleast i didn't post about wanting the guy to get hit in the head. I don't want Sanchez to get injured,but the Jets need to find out the truth about their QB situation and IMHO, this is the best way.

    Well I, for one, hope Mark doesn't get a high ankle sprain or whatever sprain you can think of.

    It's true that McElrat is a bit of a mystery but I think you use the opportunity to find out what we have in him *IF*(when? ) the season is lost and the chance for the postseason is history.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Good point. I wonder if his 487 college pass attempts is the record for the fewest by a QB who has started an NFL playoff game? And for those that might think Tebow would have this record, the "golden" arm of Tebow attempted 995 passes in college...more than twice as many as Sanchez.

    Sadly, I think Pete Carroll was right, Sanchez needed another year as a starter in college.
    If sanchez had started 3 years in college, he may be one of the best QB's in the league right now. That time is just so crucial to learn advanced techniques like looking off safetys, going through your progressions, and facing pressure.

    Here is a parcells article about QB's. Its not perfect, but the philosophy is interesting.

    Bill Parcells Rules For Drafting A Quarterback
    16

    By Josh Kirkendall on Feb 3, 11:01a
    Share On Facebook
    Share on Twitter

    On Wednesday we pointed out the 26-27-60 rule, a formula in which to measure the incoming class of quarterbacks in every draft. Not, it's not necessarily the be-all-end-all rule because like most rules, there are exceptions that change the balance of any formula. There's debates in science because the truth is, there's too many variables to consider. And things tend to happen that upsets the formula. And really, what's the difference of an incomplete pass that pushes a quarterback's completion percentage from 60.0% to 59.999%? Unless of course the incomplete was an interception returned for a touchdown that lost the game for the team. Lord, we've had enough of those.

    That being said, former Giants, Jets, Patriots and Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells has his own methodology to drafting a quarterback in the NFL. It's not a formula. It tends to rely on the common sense in the mind of Bill Parcells. They are:

    The quarterback must be a senior... because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
    He must be a graduate... because you want somebody that takes their responsibilities seriously.
    He must be a three-year starter... because you want to make sure his success wasn't a fluke and to know that he has been "the guy" for a significant period of time.
    He must have 23 wins... because big numbers don't mean a whole lot if you don't win.

    With that being said, only three quarterbacks pass Parcells' methodology -- Iowa's Ricky Stanzi, Nevada's Colin Kaepernick, TCU's Andy Dalton. The rest are either juniors (Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton, Ryan Mallett), have failed to pick up 23 wins (Jack Locker and Christian Ponder) or not a three-year starter (Greg McElroy).

    Even though the Wonderlic still has to be administered, comparing the 26-27-60 rule with the Bill Parcells rule for drafting a quarterback, that only leaves TCU's Andy Dalton.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    People can go on and on about Sanchez's shortcomings as well as the positives he brings to the table. For me, it now boils down to one thing. Successful QB's are either wildly outwardly competitive or stoic rocks of cool confidence with ice in their veins. The former seethe in outright anger on the sidelines when things are not going well. The latter carry the same confident look whether winning or losing.



    Sanchez is neither. He is a rah rah cheerleader when things go well. But he never seems "angry" or even determined when things go poorly. To the contrary, when things do not go his way, he appears like a sullen baby. Like it or not, the QB has to be a leader. Sanchez is not a leader. Despite the efforts of players to be good teammates and prop Sanchez up citing his unquestionable work ethic, the fact remains that he does not have the qualities of a leader. He is never going to crack a joke in the huddle to keep his team loose during a game winning drive, and it will be a cold day in hell if her ever finally appears to have the grim determination necessary to have men follow his lead. He is a front running, cheerleader dating, millionaire, southern Cali, "star" QB. He has NEVER had to battle for anything. He has been handed everything and been asked only to do the minimal on loaded high school, college, and initially pro teams. He has NEVER had to deal with real adversity..... Until now....and has shown no signs that he is capable of being anything more than what he is....which is many things, but certainly not a leader.
    this is the stupides thing I have ever read. Tf cares about mannerisms. Die in a fire

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Well I, for one, hope Mark doesn't get a high ankle sprain or whatever sprain you can think of.

    It's true that McElrat is a bit of a mystery but I think you use the opportunity to find out what we have in him *IF*(when? ) the season is lost and the chance for the postseason is history.
    You can't bench Mark Sanchez at any point during this season if you ever want him as the starting QB on this team ever again. Oh and if any mod thinks i am wishing injury on a player whether it be a Jet or not,they can feel free to impliment any punishmnet deem worthy.

    The best and safetiest way to see what the Jets have at QB and not have the team lose what remaining faith they have in Sanchez is this way. Any other way and Mark is done here.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    There's way too much analysis of why Sanchez plays the way he plays. At some point, a guy just is who he is. It's like wondering how John Starks could single-handedly send the Knicks to a Game 7 against the Rockets in '94 shooting the lights out, just to turn around and go 1-13 in the Game 7 that he got them to.

    In the same way some RBs need 20+ carries to be successful, Sanchez needs less than 25 passes to be a successful QB. If he can make it through a whole game with 25 attempts or less, it means he isn't being counted on to be a difference maker and he can be solid in that role.

    Once he gets over that 25 pass threshhold, you will see the erratic throws and mind numbing decision-making on occasion. It's just who he is.
    I agree with you. If we can't rush successfully(125 yds. +), we lose. If Sanchez is to reman the Jets QB, the best thing we can do is find a real road grader or two for the OL.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Actually, it's not. Rex is right about Sanchez being the Jets best option at QB and as long as he's an option,i don't believe this team will bench him. A high ankle sprain would allow the Jets to sit Sanchez with the ability to bring him back after he heals without much conversation from the media and the fans.

    I really don't believe Tebow is an option and the sooner that is proven the better so it can be dismissed. The real Question that needs to be answered is what McElroy's role on this team is moving forward. Is he a competent backup or just a player taking up a roster spot that can be improved upon.

    If McElroy is not even an option as a backup,there has to be someone somewhere that the Jets can have on the roster should the starting QB ever be lost for a game or 2. Do u guys realize that all it will take for Tebow to be the starter is for Mark Sanchez to suffer what might look like a concussion. With the new CBA rules he would be almost forced to sit out 1 game.

    Atleast i didn't post about wanting the guy to get hit in the head. I don't want Sanchez to get injured,but the Jets need to find out the truth about their QB situation and IMHO, this is the best way.
    Yes you do. This sentence completely contradicts itself. You want Sanchez to suffer a high ankle sprain so we can see what McElroy has. You even named a specific injury for Christ's sake. Just because it's not a head injury doesn't mean it's not bad. That's still wishing injury on a player. C'mon man...we as fans are better than that.

  12. #32
    Really, the surrounding cast that he had in 2009 and 2010 hid many of his flaws. They were a SB talented team and they could make adjustments/sacrifices to make Sanchez look better than he really was.

    Since the surrounding cast has become progressively less talented, they have needed Sanchez to step up and make adjustments to compensate for his surrounding cast. It hasn't happened.

    It hasn't happened because Sanchez does not raise the level of talent of everyone around him. That's what great QB's do, and Sanchez is incapable of doing it.

    That's proof positive that the Jets need to move on.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The biggest problem with this kid is that after 4 yrs,the game still hasn't slowed down enough for him. Yesterday's game was further evidence of the problem that is mark Sanchez.

    When the Patriots had the ball down by 3 with less than 2 minutes to go,the Jets were afraid to come after Brady because of the chance he might find a receiver behind our defense. When the Jets had the ball in overtime down by 3, the Pats came after Sanchez because they were sure he would make a mistake that would allow them to win the game.


    Both teams were right.

    Nobody is afraid of Sanchez beating them. Can he beat you, certainly, because he has the ability, but more than likely he will make the mistake because that is his M. O. .

    Yesterday Sanchez had 2 shots to be the hero in regulation. Hill drop the ball on his 1st and the coaches didn't trust him to execute after the fumble. With a little over 2 minutes left in the game, we called 2 runs up the gut and a roll out to a single option or take the sack. This is the trust this coaching staff have in the player they believe gives them the best option to win.

    This Jet team needs a QB and Sanchez needs a high ankle sprain so the Jets can find out if McElroy is an NFL backup or anything else.


    Not a fan huh?

  14. #34
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    167

    No more injuries please!!!!!!!!!

    Tin is not a star.Wishing for the best for all Jet players including Mark. Can we move on to discuss how we are going to attack the Fins defense.Mark is a reflection of this entire team,up and down.Inconsistency,poor coaching, and decision making by entire coaching staff.Dropped balls,offsides,inappropriate play calling.Hoping for a better future and less finger pointing from this divided team.JJEESSSUSS.

  15. #35
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,874
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    People can go on and on about Sanchez's shortcomings as well as the positives he brings to the table. For me, it now boils down to one thing. Successful QB's are either wildly outwardly competitive or stoic rocks of cool confidence with ice in their veins. The former seethe in outright anger on the sidelines when things are not going well. The latter carry the same confident look whether winning or losing.

    Sanchez is neither. He is a rah rah cheerleader when things go well. But he never seems "angry" or even determined when things go poorly. To the contrary, when things do not go his way, he appears like a sullen baby. Like it or not, the QB has to be a leader. Sanchez is not a leader. Despite the efforts of players to be good teammates and prop Sanchez up citing his unquestionable work ethic, the fact remains that he does not have the qualities of a leader. He is never going to crack a joke in the huddle to keep his team loose during a game winning drive, and it will be a cold day in hell if her ever finally appears to have the grim determination necessary to have men follow his lead. He is a front running, cheerleader dating, millionaire, southern Cali, "star" QB. He has NEVER had to battle for anything. He has been handed everything and been asked only to do the minimal on loaded high school, college, and initially pro teams. He has NEVER had to deal with real adversity..... Until now....and has shown no signs that he is capable of being anything more than what he is....which is many things, but certainly not a leader.
    Sanchez lacks the killer instinct.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us