Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: This team is better than I thought... and I'm depressed as hell

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    This team is better than I thought... and I'm depressed as hell

    Does that make any sense?



    .......




    We had that game. I'm so pissed we threw it away.


    here's hoping we can take our frustrations out on the dol-phags.

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    357
    Post Thanks / Like
    We might not win 12 games this season but, I got us getting at least 10 or 11. Jets defense is playing lights out right now. Favorable schedule IMO

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    We might not win 12 games this season but, I got us getting at least 10 or 11. Jets defense is playing lights out right now. Favorable schedule IMO
    stay positive i hope you're right.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,752
    Post Thanks / Like
    10 or 11 is reasonable... provided we finish out 5-1 in the division.

    3-1 against the AFCS
    2-2 against the NFCW
    0-1 vs. Pitt
    1-0 vs. SanDiego
    5-1 in the division

    gets us to 11-5. 4-2 div. sits us at 10-6

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,844
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knew the game was going to turn out when we kicked the FG after the fumbled kicked off. The Jets still played better than I thought they would. This is one of the tougher regular season losses that I can remember.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team has shown that with everything wrong with it, there are still a lot of things that are right.

    Realistically, the Jets have a very reasonable shot at getting into the 6th seed AFC if their good play continues. We'll be competing with Miami, Buffalo, SD and Cincy for that 6th spot. We have a road through three of those teams, so things are looking up.

    The Jets just need to keep building on what is being revealed about their personnel and identity; can't fall into the trap of trying to be something they aren't.

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    357
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    The team has shown that with everything wrong with it, there are still a lot of things that are right.

    Realistically, the Jets have a very reasonable shot at getting into the 6th seed AFC if their good play continues. We'll be competing with Miami, Buffalo, SD and Cincy for that 6th spot. We have a road through three of those teams, so things are looking up.

    The Jets just need to keep building on what is being revealed about their personnel and identity; can't fall into the trap of trying to be something they aren't.
    I think we can win the AFC East this year

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    This wasn't the biggest game of the season, we should have won but didn't so we lost ON THE ROAD, IN FOXBORO.
    Not the end of the world though it does feel that way right now.

    Miami this Sunday is a MUST WIN!
    3-1 in the division with a bye.

    4-4 at the break

    2 weeks off to integrate the youngsters, basically a mini camp.
    Weak 2nd half schedule
    Go Jets!

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Does that make any sense?



    .......




    We had that game. I'm so pissed we threw it away.


    here's hoping we can take our frustrations out on the dol-phags.
    + 11111111111

    I came to work this morning, and am still feeling the same way...

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    961
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Does that make any sense?



    .......




    We had that game. I'm so pissed we threw it away.


    here's hoping we can take our frustrations out on the dol-phags.
    Yesterday sucked because we had that game. It depends now how we handle things. Look at the Giants last year they went on a 4 game losing streak hung with Green Bay and it gave them confidence to go on a run. Do we beat up the Dolphins or lay flat on our backs?

    The good news is the AFC East is very winnable. I don't think New England will go 13-3 this year. I can see this being like 2002 where we got in at 9-7 and won the AFC East.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team is definitely better than many of us thought they were after the disaster against the Niners. I thought going into the season they'd be 9-7, but I'd probably revise that to 8-8 at this point. That could grab a wildcard in a down AFC and with the lack of elite teams in the conference, we could probably be a tough out (if they play like they did yesterday).

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    962
    Post Thanks / Like

    Upset but happy. BitterSweet

    Yes the loss to the pats was draining.

    But in the back of my head all weekend I was assuming we would get smoked. Instead we played very well, and had a good shot to win, the pats had a TD return and some really bad dropped passes and pic (missed ones too) go their way... It almost felt a bit like they were lucky to beat us... to top it off we';re short 2 of our highest paid players.

    Not sure what to make of them, but all I know is, we played well vs HOU, well vs IND, and well yesterday. Yes I know we've only played well in 4 of the 7 games - but hell, we've played well 3 WEEKS IN A ROW! Maybe finally we are getting the sparano offence and actually building some consistency?

    I have to say I'm feeling much better about this team now. Its a rough year we're dealing with adversity, but all I want is for them to play well, and play well consistently. After that let the chips fall.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't look past Miami, this week is our first MUST WIN game of the year.

    4-4 at the break puts us in great shape to finish strong and make the playoffs. with NE's schedule getting considerably tougher, who knows, we could even steal the Division if we take care of our end of things.


    yesterday's loss was tough, but this team has made great strides since the debacle vs. San Fran a few weeks ago.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    We might not win 12 games this season but, I got us getting at least 10 or 11. Jets defense is playing lights out right now. Favorable schedule IMO
    If the Defense plays like it did against the Pats(sans the last two drives) against any other team(that doesn't have Tom Brady and the Refs), I think that will be enough to help lead to Jets wins.



    We're not SuperBowl bound this year but I'd certainly like to see at least one playoff-game happen this season for us after missing out last year.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,380
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    That could grab a wildcard in a down AFC and with the lack of elite teams in the conference, we could probably be a tough out (if they play like they did yesterday).
    Exactly. Just get in. There is NO dominant team in AFC. We'd have a punchers chance in any of the 1st-round games.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Does that make any sense?



    .......




    We had that game. I'm so pissed we threw it away.


    here's hoping we can take our frustrations out on the dol-phags.

    I feel the same way. I'd rather lose 41-0 than the way we lost yesterday.

    The good news is the Pats are not the team they used to be. In the past, if we committed as many mistakes as we did yesterday, they would have won by two or three TDs, easily. Now we make those mistakes and still should have won the game. Not that that's much of a consolation though.

    Also encouraging is the fact that the defense and running game are showing signs of life. If Sanchez can become semi-consistent instead of putting together a nice drive, then turning the ball over on the next one, we're in business.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 10-22-2012 at 02:23 PM.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    can't look past Miami, this week is our first MUST WIN game of the year.

    4-4 at the break puts us in great shape to finish strong and make the playoffs. with NE's schedule getting considerably tougher, who knows, we could even steal the Division if we take care of our end of things.


    yesterday's loss was tough, but this team has made great strides since the debacle vs. San Fran a few weeks ago.
    +1

    This loss was tough for me, but nothing compared to the feeling I had after the 49ers shat on this team a few weeks back and it looked like they couldn't even field a competitive squad.

    A lot of things to work on, but some difference-makers (Kerley, McKnight, Davis, Hilliard, Wilkerson/Coples) are emerging.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    10 or 11 is reasonable... provided we finish out 5-1 in the division.

    3-1 against the AFCS
    2-2 against the NFCW
    0-1 vs. Pitt
    1-0 vs. SanDiego
    5-1 in the division

    gets us to 11-5. 4-2 div. sits us at 10-6
    Agreed. The next two games: MIA @ home and @ Seattle after the bye week are huge. The Jets have to split to remain in contention. If they win both they'll be 5-4 and in good position with a lot of momentum. With road games @ St, Louis, Jax, Tenn, and Buffalo, and home games with Pats, Cards, and Bolts, It's likely that the Jets will be favored in all but one or two of their final 7 games.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us