Thread: Dont blame the play calling etc. It was the mistakes that lost the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Dont blame the play calling etc. It was the mistakes that lost the game.

I just watched the film and the Jets made mistakes on the field that were the difference in this game.

The muffed handoff close to our own goal line, and Sanchez did the right thing. Wilfork would have pounced on the ball for a TD and no Jet players had a angle on the ball, so by kicking it out of the end zone, we gave up 2 instead of 6 points.

One thing that is for sure, with all the injuries etc, this team could have easily quit. They made is clear that they believe in Rex and played with a lot of heart yesterday.

To win in New England, you need to play mistake free football. The Jets made their share of mistakes.

That return for a TD was not a special teams meltdown, no fault of the Jets, that guy made a fantastic cut and just made a great play.

The good news is we have Miami this week. Nothing better to get over a loss than playing Miami at home.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shotgun formation on a 3rd and G w/a quick slant to Schilens. Whether he caught it or not, I just can't justify the decision on what could have been an easy 6.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Shotgun formation on a 3rd and G w/a quick slant to Schilens. Whether he caught it or not, I just can't justify the decision on what could have been an easy 6.
    Worst playcall of the year by far.

I-formation with Hilliard and Greene.

Or, go Tebow and wishbone it, could be Hilliard and Greene again...Have Tebow fake a pitch to get a LB to hesitate, then run behind Mangold and Moore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I just watched the film and the Jets made mistakes on the field that were the difference in this game.

The muffed handoff close to our own goal line, and Sanchez did the right thing. Wilfork would have pounced on the ball for a TD and no Jet players had a angle on the ball, so by kicking it out of the end zone, we gave up 2 instead of 6 points.

One thing that is for sure, with all the injuries etc, this team could have easily quit. They made is clear that they believe in Rex and played with a lot of heart yesterday.

To win in New England, you need to play mistake free football. The Jets made their share of mistakes.

That return for a TD was not a special teams meltdown, no fault of the Jets, that guy made a fantastic cut and just made a great play.

The good news is we have Miami this week. Nothing better to get over a loss than playing Miami at home.
    Poor SAR

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The KO return was a clear mistake by Davis... He left his lane and over pursued, thus leaving McCourty with McIntyre and Folk to beat... McIntyre was engaged and the other dude is a kicker... He's catching an earful from Westhoff in the film room...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hindsight is a beautiful thing, if only coaches had the ability of hindsight on their sides...

If Schilens makes the play, the pass was well thrown, it's a brilliant call for being aggressive at a spot where running the ball also made sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    The KO return was a clear mistake by Davis... He left his lane and over pursued, thus leaving McCourty with McIntyre and Folk to beat... McIntyre was engaged and the other dude is a kicker... He's catching an earful from Westhoff in the film room...
    Spot on, that KOR was pretty much on Davis

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex's D AGAIN can't close out a game for the win. It's happened at least 1 or 2 games a season in his 3+ yrs here

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rex's D AGAIN can't close out a game for the win. It's happened at least 1 or 2 games a season in his 3+ yrs here
    he always goes prevent....when will coaches learn. He should have sent more than 3 rushers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    +10000000000.

If the Jets could stop a Nosebleed, they'd be 4-3 right now.

But alas, they could not.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the point we didnt play mistake free football and still had a chance to win the game.

We played scared at the end. playing for a tie ratehr than a win. 1 first down and we win the game, instead 2 runs up the middle and a pass give me a freckin break!!!!!!! Scared and it all falls on Spranos play calling!!!!!!
    Last edited by LA Jet Fan; 10-22-2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: played

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ugh.

that call gave me the Schitty Shivers.

the announcers were raving about how Greene has been perfect all season on 3rd-and-1 conversions. and i've never seen Tebow lose yardage in that situation.

instead, we go shotgun. still, Schilens probably could've/should've caught that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dainfamusgc View Post
    he always goes prevent....when will coaches learn. He should have sent more than 3 rushers
    The sad thing is you are wrong. Remember the first time he beat the Pats in his first season as head coach. He blitzed the sh!t out of Brady and we won the game. Why he wouldn't do that again yesterday is beyond me.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    ugh.

that call gave me the Schitty Shivers.

the announcers were raving about how Greene has been perfect all season on 3rd-and-1 conversions. and i've never seen Tebow lose yardage in that situation.

instead, we go shotgun. still, Schilens probably could've/should've caught that.
    Tebow has lost yards in that situation this season. It would have been nice to go jumbo just like the 49ers did against us. Run it twice and score.