Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We WON yesterday!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

We WON yesterday!

Maybe you're all comfortable letting the officials get away with blatantly helping the Pats, but I'm sick of it. This morning I've written a half dozen emails to local sportswriters (will do radio & TV personalities next) to ask for a favor: after a game where the Jets get screwed by the officials, do not acknowledge the loss. Write about it as if it was a Jets win, which it was. Yesterday's game, for example, never went to overtime. The Jets won by 3 in the 4th quarter. If enough big-name writers begin doing it, it will be a huge embarrassment for the NFL and they'll be forced to stop helping the Pats cheat.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're trying to top your MRI thread......you're doing a pretty good job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    sitting too close to the MRI machine again?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know. I was chuckling as I was reading it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If you're trying to top your MRI thread......you're doing a pretty good job.
    These are unrelated issues. Holmes is gone for the season and I accept that. But what I cannot, will not accept is blatant cheating by the zebras. It's not often as cut & dry as yesterday's game, and I'm not talking about those "calls could have gone either way" affairs. I mean those games where the only reasonable explanation is the intentional handing of the game to the Patriots. What if we lose the division by a single game? It could completely change the direction of both teams. And based on what, the league's desire to keep Kraft happy for negotiating a TV contract? If that's what football's going to be about, I don't want any part of it. But we can do better, and we must try.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could see the look on their faces when they read those emails.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about a petition?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    How about a petition?
    a rally

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Things like this do not help the intelligent Jets fans out there.

Both of them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was this a conspiracy too?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This strategy was actually first tried by the Germans.

When the Americans marched in they were like..."What? WTF are you guys doing here, didn't you hear we won?"

It almost worked.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    a rally
    That would be awesome, but we have to raise awareness first. I'm sure most hardcore fans are already more than aware of what's going on, but we have to convince the casual fans that this isn't just part of the game, this goes way beyond the pale.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    That would be awesome, but we have to raise awareness first. I'm sure most hardcore fans are already more than aware of what's going on, but we have to convince the casual fans that this isn't just part of the game, this goes way beyond the pale.
    First you would have to get the casual fans to stop laughing at you.

Bring up the cadaver MRI theory. It can only help your cause.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    Was this a conspiracy too?
    What else could it be? The league office is cahoots with Kraft, and at least a large percentage of the officials are in on it. Interesting how when the replacements were in, there was none of that. The regular refs come back and, like clockwork, the Pats get bullsh-t calls.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Maybe you're all comfortable letting the officials get away with blatantly helping the Pats, but I'm sick of it. This morning I've written a half dozen emails to local sportswriters (will do radio & TV personalities next) to ask for a favor: after a game where the Jets get screwed by the officials, do not acknowledge the loss. Write about it as if it was a Jets win, which it was. Yesterday's game, for example, never went to overtime. The Jets won by 3 in the 4th quarter. If enough big-name writers begin doing it, it will be a huge embarrassment for the NFL and they'll be forced to stop helping the Pats cheat.
    I call BS. Please paste an example of one of your 'half dozen emails' here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delirium has been breached.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's what I'm expecting to see from some of my contacts tomorrow:

New York Jets Pull Out Close Win Against Division Foe Patriots
    It doesn't get much stranger than this. After a game where Mark Sanchez outperformed the declining Tom Brady, most media entities were too shocked to correctly report on the outcome of the game. In fact, a mass hysteria gripped not only the New York and New England media, but national outlets as well, causing them to collectively write about a non-existent overtime where the Patriots were able to pull out a win.

In fact, the game was over when officials picked up a pass interference flag that was thrown onto the field from the crowd, temporarily confusing officials. But as it was sorted out and the Jets finished off the game, one thing became clear: the New York Jets alone stand on top of the AFC East. Could this be the year that Ryan and Sanchez take the Jets all the way? After yesterday's close but convincing win, I believe it's their destiny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We won everywhere but the scoreboard, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, I am a STRONG believer in the refs fixing games, and the refs made some questionable calls yesterday but We had them dead to rights and we let the opportunity slip away. Case Closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Refs are not an excuse this game...